02/12 - Fantabulous Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I tend to fall in the "let me PM someone and ask them a question" group. If I posted the same question in a forum then whoever could answer it. That puts pressure on nobody. I hate bugging people, well, privately.

Or is there a taboo that people don't need to know too much because someone loses money?
Also to touch on this. Mturk is competitive by nature, so there is definitely reasons why people don't want to ask in a general forum. Be it they want something for a batch that they don't want others to know about, an idea or a way to do something that is different / better than the options out there that will give them an edge.

For the most part, as Bode "Emo Barry" Miller @Bode Miller said, everything is available through either stackoverflow or MDN, you just have to search for it.

For me I tend to help more people through PMs than in a public forum just because it is easier.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: How good are you at distance judgment?
Requester: Jenny Xiao [A3DIF6OKV4AS61] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness

Number of Reviews: 4
TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete a 10-minute survey to test your distance judgment! You will see some images, and estimate physical distances.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
This one was oddly hilarious.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
is it a different viral panda?

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
wasn't running viral panda. they already posted this week.. what is this fuckery! :stabbing:
I run it weeks straight everyday regardless on a no stop 1 second timer thats how I got 3 even though I didn't hear the ding and I probably would have caught more if I wasn't running all those other pandas I'm sure that hampered me lol

Reaction score
I run it weeks straight everyday regardless on a no stop 1 second timer thats how I got 3 even though I didn't hear the ding and I probably would have caught more if I wasn't running all those other pandas I'm sure that hampered me lol
How do you not get PRE with a 1 second panda?

Reactions: Aydiarose

DungBeetle

Reaction score
Liking those David Cobbs not the best pay but they are easy to do.

Type2Work

Contributor
Reaction score
Easy

Title: Please watch the following 1 minute or so video and then answer a few brief questions. | PANDA
Requester: Lucky Gunasekara [A1LPBBXN3XQ7U7] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: We're curious to get your input on an important video and question in front of our app team.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, Total approved HITs is not less than 50, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80, Location is US

Reactions: catsoneverything

TastyWaffles

銀河英雄伝説
Reaction score
Why ugh? They are all thirty seconds and are easy because they are so generic.
You are right, they are super easy and no chance of getting 3 minute ones. It's just that they are so boring and generic.

Reactions: TSolo315

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
wy would you run virals like tat? Its not like tey are pinterest wort $2 and only posts in small batches. Usually wen virals it you have plenty of time to start pandaing and hording them.

Reactions: jan

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
wy would you run virals like tat? Its not like tey are pinterest wort $2 and only posts in small batches. Usually wen virals it you have plenty of time to start pandaing and hording them.
prefaces, yo

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Got two rejections in the past 4 days. The more time I spend turking the worse I'm getting at it :bode:.
I don't think you're getting worse at it. If you're anything like me you just take more risks. I got 7 rejections 2 days ago from some penny hit that had a 10 minute AA. Dude doubled my rejections in 15 minutes. Whatever. I got 500 approvals from Sentient later that night. I usually don't risk it for a penny, but I thought those were safe numbers. Live and learn. I still pad when I can, and still take risks when they seem warrented.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't think you're getting worse at it. If you're anything like me you just take more risks. I got 7 rejections 2 days ago from some penny hit that had a 10 minute AA. Dude doubled my rejections in 15 minutes. Whatever. I got 500 approvals from Sentient later that night. I usually don't risk it for a penny, but I thought those were safe numbers. Live and learn. I still pad when I can, and still take risks when they seem warrented.
You're right, I do take chances on risky HITS and rarely if ever get burned. 5 rejections on 3,800 approved is not that big of a deal after all. Thanks for the pep talk, coach.

Reactions: Tuesday

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
That's how I've always done it, I run Virals and all Burke pandas on a 1 second timer all the time and I run requester timers on 10 seconds for larger batches just so I am aware when they post.

Status
Not open for further replies.