Reaction score
Reactions: Jaded

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Do a 3-minute Scene Categorization Task! | PANDA
Requester: Wilma Bainbridge MIT [A3IYTJ41SXLIBS] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.21][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 5.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
You will do a 3-minute experiment asking you to quickly categorize scene images as indoor / outdoor.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Reactions: Jaded

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
I just meant there are several people here that are interested in learning JavaScript, specifically for mturk use. You can google the fuck out of it, but I still feel like most the people wanting to learn could gain a huge amount of knowledge from the smart people here that are already making mTurk related scripts. I kinda see the current forum as a place to post scripts, not how to write them. That or people are just too intimidated to ask questions.

Last edited:

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Its makes it so if you were to cap you would max at $76 vs $114 along with it being a 33% decrease in pay for the same amount of work. People freak when something pay paid really well now only pays well. VDX went from meh to below average.
"People freak when something pay paid really well now only pays well"

That was really my point. Some people might not do them anymore, others will still do them. I just don't think that if they originally paid 2 cents we'd be throwing around terms like "slave wages."

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about craft beer in 5 minutes | PANDA
Requester: IAG [A1U1NA2CAQ2R1O] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 4
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: If you buy craft beer, answer a survey that takes less than 5 mins
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99

Back again. 1:45

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I just meant there are several people here that are interested in learning JavaScript, specially for mturk use. You can google the fuck out of it, but I still feel like most the people wanting to learn could gain a huge amount of knowledge from the smart people here that are already making mTurk related scripts. I kinda see the current forum as a place to post scripts, not how to write them. That or people are just too intimidated to ask questions.
I think that would be really cool, but that's really up to the people that are good at that stuff to write their own guides and post them here. AFAIK, nobody has really done anything like that so far. So, at the moment, all we can really do is provide a place for people to ask questions.

Reactions: El Pablo

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Childhood experiences and their impact on later adult functioning | PANDA
Requester: Kathryn Bell [A1ZIE3AJ9AIQYY] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.50 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 2.70 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.17 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.73 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12

Description: The purpose of this study is to examine the extent to which childhood experiences impact later adult functioning. Eligible participants must be at least 18 years of age and currently residing in the United States.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Got two rejections in the past 4 days. The more time I spend turking the worse I'm getting at it :bode:.

Last edited:

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Mark boundary of documents in images | PANDA
Requester: Dave Cobb [A1TX5U50W6VEPY] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 11

Description: We'll show you several images of documents and you have to click to mark the boundary
Hits Available: 1306
Reward: $0.04
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Mark boundary of documents in images | PANDA
Requester: Dave Cobb [A1TX5U50W6VEPY] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 11

Description: We'll show you several images of documents and you have to click to mark the boundary
Hits Available: 1306
Reward: $0.04
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97

jan

Reaction score
TO says she rejected a bunch of hits for her mistake - but then reversed them when folks emailed.

Title: Childhood experiences and their impact on later adult functioning | PANDA
Requester: Kathryn Bell [A1ZIE3AJ9AIQYY] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.50 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.70 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.17 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.73 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12
Description: The purpose of this study is to examine the extent to which childhood experiences impact later adult functioning. Eligible participants must be at least 18 years of age and currently residing in the United States.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Location is US

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
"People freak when something pay paid really well now only pays well"

That was really my point. Some people might not do them anymore, others will still do them. I just don't think that if they originally paid 2 cents we'd be throwing around terms like "slave wages."
It probably is really low for some people. I'd almost consider them at 3c to be a "slave wage". If the servers weren't always slow I'm sure there wouldn't be as big of a reaction.

C to the J @C to the J or anyone else who was working these, what was the hourly you got at 3c?

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that would be really cool, but that's really up to the people that are good at that stuff to write their own guides and post them here. AFAIK, nobody has really done anything like that so far. So, at the moment, all we can really do is provide a place for people to ask questions.

I tend to fall in the "let me PM someone and ask them a question" group. If I posted the same question in a forum then whoever could answer it. That puts pressure on nobody. I hate bugging people, well, privately.

Or is there a taboo that people don't need to know too much because someone loses money?

Reactions: Liz Lemon

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It probably is really low for some people. I'd almost consider them at 3c to be a "slave wage". If the servers weren't always slow I'm sure there wouldn't be as big of a reaction.

C to the J @C to the J or anyone else who was working these, what was the hourly you got at 3c?
Hard to say because you're never just working on VDX.
Always got a side batch to work on.
So really it depends on what else is available/what time of night.

Now for the first week they were back, and before the qual was re-opened....there was zero lag and it was $15-20/hr

Reactions: loki3404

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I tend to fall in the "let me PM someone and ask them a question" group. If I posted the same question in a forum then whoever could answer it. That puts pressure on nobody. I hate bugging people, well, privately.

Or is there a taboo that people don't need to know too much because someone loses money?
honestly, any question you want to know about javacsript or jquery (AHK not so much as it isn't that mainstream), just add the word stackoverflow to your google search and someone will have asked it before and it will have been answered there

Reactions: hello
Status
Not open for further replies.