02/12 - Definitely not Terrible Tuesday. Nope, not at all.

Do you like Oreos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
TurkerView disappeared in Chrome. I tried reinstalling and relaunching my browser. Any suggestions?
:o

Did it come back? Likely rundown:
  • If it's listed in TamperMonkey, and its on (while you're on MTurk) there is likely some kind of conflict happening, F12 to pull up the console & throwing me any angry looking red text in there would probably help
    • If it is on, try turning off other scripts & refreshing, I did add some changes so it may be a conflict with something else I don't have installed going on (should be fine w/ MTS)
  • If it's not listed in TM at all.. hey this is new uncharted territory! Just shoot me a DM so I don't clog up the thread as I barrage you with questions :(
  • Gremlins
Also the version of Chrome you're on might be a little helpful if it's still bugging out: chrome://settings/help

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Did all of the noahs just disappear or something?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
:eek:

Did it come back? Likely rundown:
  • If it's listed in TamperMonkey, and its on (while you're on MTurk) there is likely some kind of conflict happening, F12 to pull up the console & throwing me any angry looking red text in there would probably help
    • If it is on, try turning off other scripts & refreshing, I did add some changes so it may be a conflict with something else I don't have installed going on (should be fine w/ MTS)
  • If it's not listed in TM at all.. hey this is new uncharted territory! Just shoot me a DM so I don't clog up the thread as I barrage you with questions :(
  • Gremlins
Also the version of Chrome you're on might be a little helpful if it's still bugging out: chrome://settings/help
While you're here... how can we tell if TVJS is running? I installed it but I don't see it, I only see it running in Tampermonkey. Also I discovered accidentally that other stuff was interfering with it, do you (or anyone else) have a rundown of what other things are no longer necessary to run (example, I don't need to run dashboard enhancer anymore b/c TVJS does it)

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
While you're here... how can we tell if TVJS is running? I installed it but I don't see it, I only see it running in Tampermonkey. Also I discovered accidentally that other stuff was interfering with it, do you (or anyone else) have a rundown of what other things are no longer necessary to run (example, I don't need to run dashboard enhancer anymore b/c TVJS does it)
Dash Enhancer is still better than TVJS IMO since it'll do a discount double check on your actual totals instead of relying on watching on your submissions (so if you complete work in another browser/profile, TVJS' totals will be busted), and they shouldn't interfere since TV checks for it & just appends it's data instead of replacing it outright.

But I honestly don't have a great list of conflicts, generally if something is written by Kada I've used it & check for conflicts but anything else is wild west in my book & I don't install it lol. But if you let me know which particular script is interfering I'll start running it through for conflicts as well. It's kinda rare nowadays for me to see anyone other than Kada writing code tho :o

By far easiest way to know if it's running is here:

If you see it's shenanigans in the dash though it should be "on", but the navbar follows around pretty much everywhere I believe.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Dash Enhancer is still better than TVJS IMO since it'll do a discount double check on your actual totals instead of relying on watching on your submissions (so if you complete work in another browser/profile, TVJS' totals will be busted), and they shouldn't interfere since TV checks for it & just appends it's data instead of replacing it outright.

But I honestly don't have a great list of conflicts, generally if something is written by Kada I've used it & check for conflicts but anything else is wild west in my book & I don't install it lol. But if you let me know which particular script is interfering I'll start running it through for conflicts as well. It's kinda rare nowadays for me to see anyone other than Kada writing code tho :eek:

By far easiest way to know if it's running is here:

If you see it's shenanigans in the dash though it should be "on", but the navbar follows around pretty much everywhere I believe.
Well I'm a dope and didn't notice the turkerview tab.

With dashboard enhancer, I was more tickled that TVJS was separating my batch vrs survey $/hr, unless that's also not TVJS and I just have too many things installed LOL either way ty for replying

Reactions: ChrisTurk

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Would be funny if he reversed the state quals. So now the other half that never gotten HITs are now getting them, and the other half that used to get them no longer gets them.
Perhaps comical, but I'd be annoyed anyway. There were like 25 of the chat hits when I connected to the last one, then poof everything was gone.

Reactions: nmelssx and savvy

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I wrote to Noah Turk yesterday querying my exclude qual, as I'd only ever managed to connect to one live game and felt a bit hard done by. They removed it, so I did 2 today, Yay!

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
Well I'm a dope and didn't notice the turkerview tab.
Haha, don't feel bad it's one of those things I was like "nice, this is slick, blends right in"

Yeah.. a little too well. :LOL: Sooo many people don't see it until it's pointed out :p
With dashboard enhancer, I was more tickled that TVJS was separating my batch vrs survey $/hr, unless that's also not TVJS and I just have too many things installed LOL either way ty for replying
Yeah that's TVJS. I've been playing around w/ stats completely unnecessarily & just tossing them around places they don't belong haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.