02/12 - Definitely not Terrible Tuesday. Nope, not at all.

Do you like Oreos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok. Up too late waiting on ice stranded husband to come home. Keep having racing heart and that is bugging me. But, truthfully that started a few weeks before the surgery but I didn't want to tell the doctor in case they cancelled surgery :D (stupid, I know) I'll talk to them at next appointment.
Probably going to take a nap since I had little sleep. I hope you and everyone else catch something much better than Garbage so I can be jealous next time I log on!
Glad you're taking care of the racing heart thing. :)

xqyzt

Reaction score
Stem is a great degree but the problem for most people is that there is a lot of nepotism in the job market.
Sometimes you can have the right degree but if you dont know the right person, you wont get the job.

I know over by me you cant even get an interview for any of the energy or town jobs unless someone puts in a good word for you.

And that only gets you an interview.
I think that's every field, though. There are some instances where waving my degree has helped get me an interview only for them to basically tell me I wasted my time learning that stuff because they want X Y Z.:banghead:

I've given up finding something in my field. If I don't make mTurk a full time gig, I'll either accept a shitty minimum wage job or go back to graduate school (because why by rejected with one degree when you can be rejected with several and have the added benefit of more debt?)

Robedom

Reaction score
How many of them did you have pending?
Nearly 60, 14 or so are from yesterday and those aren't approved yet, but older ones were approved up until yesterday.

EDIT: I lied they were just approved o_O

Last edited:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
nothing going on here
crappy hit removed

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't really been doing anything lately. I only go to the grocery store, and my only income since moving is mturk.
If I bothered, not only would each day just be filled with "Depression kicked my ass", but I'd feel bad for crafting and decorating when I need to be trying to grab HITs. :/

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I haven't really been doing anything lately. I only go to the grocery store, and my only income since moving is mturk.
If I bothered, not only would each day just be filled with "Depression kicked my ass", but I'd feel bad for crafting and decorating when I need to be trying to grab HITs. :/
oh no :( I'm sorry :hug: If you ever want to talk, you can PM me! My inbox is always open, even if you just want to bitch without getting advice you've probably heard a million times.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Nearly 60, 14 or so are from yesterday and those aren't approved yet, but older ones were approved up until yesterday.
I had 76 back from the 8th and 9th, before their servers broke that time a few days back. I haven't really been able to make the time to do them these last few days. I had planned to plow through a bunch yesterday, but then real work called. At least we have some kinda semi rough time frame for approvals now though. All in all they work out well provided you can get through them quickly.

Reactions: Merovign

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it English, as well? My BA is English with a focus on Creative Writing and I'm working on my MA in English. I'm already a thousand billion years old, though (turtles live very long lives) and I am not looking for anything hugely lucrative career wise. I get to teach online once I'm done.. Yippee.. skippy... also I should be finishing my memoir about the years caring for my mother... Such chaos... and joy and horror.. Alzheimer's.... Sometimes it was like living in a Dali painting!
So let's say a new kind of auto insurance is being introduced. A writer is going to write a magazine article to explain the new type of insurance, and uses a character to illustrate how the new insurance will work in the real world. Author might name the character, "Wals Eloc." Is that creative writing?

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
oh no :( I'm sorry :hug: If you ever want to talk, you can PM me! My inbox is always open, even if you just want to bitch without getting advice you've probably heard a million times.
Which reminds me. Was I supposed to PM you something yesterday? :)

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
So let's say a new kind of auto insurance is being introduced. A writer is going to write a magazine article to explain the new type of insurance, and uses a character to illustrate how the new insurance will work in the real world. Author might name the character, "Wals Eloc." Is that creative writing?
Yes, because it's creative nonfiction. :)

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score

EDIT: I lied they were just approved o_O
Can you say something for me? Lol
Still waiting for approvals from ones on the 6th

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Title: Extract objects, attributes, and relationships from short texts | Accept
Requester: Quinn Botto [A3Q2AW4YWVN2IB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.66] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 25:00
Available: 192
Description: Given a question and response, extract referenced objects, attributes, and relationships.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Anyone work on these? Wanted to try it but am not sure if I really want to.[/td][/tr]

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
If anybody has this James Onufrak HIT in your queue, just dump it. This survey is a bubbly, underpaid headache.

Reactions: CakesandPies
Status
Not open for further replies.