02/09 COMFORTABLY NUMB SATURDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandaria

Reaction score
Why would someone do a Ben Peterson and face entirely away from the camera? (btw,it was a young
guy, and I pretty much shot him down)
I had one where the guy looked like he was about to fall asleep and was even rubbing his finger into his eye, not smiling, and looked like he was doing the bathroom for the selfie thing. And I am like....with as easy as it is to take a multitude of images of yourself..THIS is one of the ones you went oh ya! to? I said nice things and gave other ways to get a better image. I mean he looked like he could have been decent looking but..ya.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Noooo! And if it's the survey I did last night, it's a pain in the ass. If you don't already have it, install the clipboard history extension. It's a lifesaver in situations like that!
I'll do that. Yeah I'm pissed I didn't think to save all 3 codes. Poopy!

Reactions: IndividualRace

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I had one where the guy looked like he was about to fall asleep and was even rubbing his finger into his eye, not smiling, and looked like he was doing the bathroom for the selfie thing. And I am like....with as easy as it is to take a multitude of images of yourself..THIS is one of the ones you went oh ya! to? I said nice things and gave other ways to get a better image. I mean he looked like he could have been decent looking but..ya.
Got one of the shirtless on bed mugshot facial expression ones yet?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

GRR

Reaction score
Hi folks! Hey...I just a murder hit....no one showed up and it said I got 40 cents and to submit....is that normal?? thanks!

edit: it has approved already

Last edited:
Reactions: vandaria

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks! Hey...I just a murder hit....no one showed up and it said I got 40 cents and to submit....is that normal?? thanks!
It is, it happened with most of their hits I have done. They will also bonus 40 cents for the time.

Reactions: GRR

vandaria

Reaction score
Got one of the shirtless on bed mugshot facial expression ones yet?
Yes lol That and then should have been a nice picture out in the woods, beautiful background, great lighting, nice looking guy but got the feeling I was left there to die and they were smiling down at me. lol I don't know why there was nothing particularly menacing about it, but I was thinking I was going to have to put the lotion in the basket very soon. I should say too he had at least one other image in the same sort of area and didn't get that feeling from that one, but ya lol

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
They didn't ask for an ID, and it wasn't too fast.

Would submitting and letting them know be better than doing it over?
You can throw in some things you remember from the survey in your email as proof you did it. Most requesters tend to be understanding but it would be a small risk, of course. Personally I would never redo a survey that took more than a minute or two.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes lol That and then should have been a nice picture out in the woods, beautiful background, great lighting, nice looking guy but got the feeling I was left there to die and they were smiling down at me. lol I don't know why there was nothing particularly menacing about it, but I was thinking I was going to have to put the lotion in the basket very soon. I should say too he had at least one other image in the same sort of area and didn't get that feeling from that one, but ya lol
The male ones are definitely stranger than the female ones for sure. Worst I've had out of the female ones is an abundant amount of cleavage.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a bit ....... frustrating. It's so frigging ez to take a simple photo of one SMILING! Had one two days ago with two young gals in it w/ no comment about which one I was supposed to judge. Weird.

Reactions: vandaria and savvy

vandaria

Reaction score
I should say I seem to luck out as most of the ones I get, if they smiled and had a bit better lighting, they would be good images of themselves.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I think that Survey Comet and a couple of other surveys are going to be enough for me today. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I can spend a little more time turking and trying to get myself back to feeling a little more normal. Tired of looking at the couch and TV after only one day, lol.

IndividualRace

Reaction score
PSA to anyone who doesn't have it, and doesn't want to take the time to search:
This is the link to add the Chrome clipboard history extension. I have it installed and ignore it 99% of the time. But it's a real lifesaver to have for that 1%!!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I think that Survey Comet and a couple of other surveys are going to be enough for me today. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I can spend a little more time turking and trying to get myself back to feeling a little more normal. Tired of looking at the couch and TV after only one day, lol.
get some rest! Thanks for checkin' in!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh I missed you checking in! I hope you're feeling well!

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Got this email from Mturk this morning.

Anyone have any ideas why I received this? Turking from California and using Mturk Suite and Panda Crazy.
I received 1 rejection from Stephanie for going too fast in the past week.
I hope that wasn't what triggered it. I got a rejection yesterday for going too fast.

I emailed them and it was overturned. This is the message I sent. YMMV but it worked for me.

Hi,

I'll take your word for the three and a half minutes. I wasn't counting. Am I correct in saying that the only issue is with my completion time? Is there anything in my answers that indicates that they were filled out randomly? Did I miss any of the attention checks? You put the completion time at 7 minutes in the HIT title.. That's the median is it not? Half of respondents will complete it in under 7 minutes and half will complete it in over 7 minutes? I was in the under.

> If you have a survey of similar length, structure, and difficulty that you'd like to use to gauge my reading speed and comprehension , then please send it to me. I can go through it at the same pace and demonstrate good retention if that will alleviate your concerns that I submitted random data.

>

> If you have a better idea I'm open to hearing it. Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
get some rest! Thanks for checkin' in!
Oh I missed you checking in! I hope you're feeling well!
Thank you both!
I am. Just normal sore and out of it from a surgery. Irritated and bored, so I thought I'd do the Survey Comet.
You guys will probably see a lot of me over the next couple of weeks until I can go back to work :)
Hope everyone is well and making big bucks here! I'll see you all in the next few days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.