02/08 - The Good Place Friday!

Do you enjoy eating Rice Krispies as a breakfast cereal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Mechanical Turk
1:32 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Sanford C. Gordon for work related to 39WSF6KUV1KXGJ4IV4I36AY00PCEOF.
The value of your bonus is: $3.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating on the HITs. Congratulations on your bonus!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Dear requester,

I think some believe we (workers) should be tenderhearted and care about their research. Which sometimes I do. But they're posting work on mturk, which means that they already know we want/need $$$.
And...if the pay is good enough, they can make me wait as long as they want. Seriously, it's not that hard to understand!
Definitely. I replied to him and nicely explained that to him. He replied:

"I think you get paid for my case, if not let me know. "

I didn't but I'm not sweating it lol.

Katia2019

Reaction score
After receiving the feedback from Rowan, they became slightly easier for me now. Now I prefer these Rowans over these Hannah's, which is the opposite of how I felt about them this morning.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
So I don't think anyone answered....

The only way we can do the geohives is if we register ? And if so, since that's a tos violation... can we use fake names? lol
I don't think it's technically a violation. IIRC, the Acceptable Use Policy used have a general statement prohibiting stuff like that, but now it makes it seem like it's only a violation if it's used for advertising/marketing purposes. As long as the work is performed on MTurk, I don't think Amazon really cares.

"Advertising or marketing activities, including HITs requiring registration at another website or group, or building profiles of MTurk Workers for any purpose other than to track performance of specific Workers completing your HITs (e.g., you may not collect demographic information from MTurkWorkers for profiling, marketing, or other purposes)"

It has been so long though that I don't even remember what information GeoHIVE asks for when you register. I know it asks for email, obviously, and I remember having to enter my worker ID. I'm sure those are the only things that really matter.

Reactions: 4ourfuture

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Last 48 hours we've been starved (aside from an hour early this morning) of batches.
We're due for something.
Right?
I really hope so. This has been a rough week for me. This morning was promising for sure, but it fizzled out quickly.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Word Puzzle App Names: 1-2 minute survey | PANDA
Requester: Paul Halter [A3KEGEU965VTXO] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Which word games sound most appealing?
Time: 600
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 75;Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;Location EqualTo US

Reactions: HelloHello

vandaria

Reaction score
Title: (~4 mins) Answer a fun survey about feelings with guaranteed extra money! | Accept
Requester: chris.lab111 [AGRY5NHZLU4PI] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.32] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 17
Description: (~4 mins) Answer a fun survey about feelings with guaranteed extra money!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Michele

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
I don't think it's technically a violation. IIRC, the Acceptable Use Policy used have a general statement prohibiting stuff like that, but now it makes it seem like it's only a violation if it's used for advertising/marketing purposes. As long as the work is performed on MTurk, I don't think Amazon really cares.

"Advertising or marketing activities, including HITs requiring registration at another website or group, or building profiles of MTurk Workers for any purpose other than to track performance of specific Workers completing your HITs (e.g., you may not collect demographic information from MTurkWorkers for profiling, marketing, or other purposes)"

It has been so long though that I don't even remember what information GeoHIVE asks for when you register. I know it asks for email, obviously, and I remember having to enter my worker ID. I'm sure those are the only things that really matter.

Thanks for the info. It asks for your first name and your last name, and email and mturk id. That's a whole lot of info for my neurotic self to hand over lol.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: 4ourfuture

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Last 48 hours we've been starved (aside from an hour early this morning) of batches.
We're due for something.
Right?
If you are not interested in the really mediocre geohive qual test, you could try AQWR1KIC7X1P0. He has a really mediocre qual test and batch up too.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It asks for your first name and your last name, and email and mturk id. That's a whole lot of info for my neurotic self to hand over lol.
Ha, of course I did forget this:

"Collecting personally identifiable information (e.g., don’t ask Workers for their email address or phone number), or otherwise attempting to derive any personally identifiable information about Workers"

Personally, I would just make something up and use a throwaway email that you can use to log in. I have an alternate email account that I use for situations like this that anybody can spam at will if they really like.

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Ha, of course I did forget this:

"Collecting personally identifiable information (e.g., don’t ask Workers for their email address or phone number), or otherwise attempting to derive any personally identifiable information about Workers"

Personally, I would just make something up and use a throwaway email that you can use to log in. I have an alternate email account that I use for situations like this that anybody can spam at will if they really like.

I think that's what I'll do. Thanks :)

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
1 min 11 - $10.06/hr
Title: Word Puzzle App Names: 1-2 minute survey | PANDA
Requester: Paul Halter [A3KEGEU965VTXO] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Which word games sound most appealing?
Time: 600
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 75;Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50;Location EqualTo US

Reactions: aveline

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.