WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
What the crap does this mean????

Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.

You can review the complete Participation Agreement at the link below:

https://www.mturk.com/worker/participation-agreement

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning.

If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus

Best regards,
Amazon.com
Wtf? Surely this is just a mistake? :cautious:

*refreshed inbox 5 times watching for one*

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No, I've done nothing that I have not already been doing. I don't know what this is all about.
Have you done any big batches lately that were new or something? Like maybe some new requester figured you were a bot since you've been around and are likely really efficient? :\

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score

Your Account Amazon.com

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning.

If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:

Best regards,
Amazon.com
Scary!!!

Reactions: KYKITTY

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: cb456

Skylycat

Reaction score
Just did my first one of these, took about 20 minutes. Based on the reviews, these aren't worth the time. Did I just get lucky getting a good partner on my first one? Is it safe to do more than 1?
Just be careful you stick to the rules. Only talk about the information they give you. They will reject if you use too much personal knowledge.

HelloHello

Reaction score
No, I've done nothing that I have not already been doing. I don't know what this is all about.
I got one of those last month. Their responses were, to put it mildly murky. I STILL have no idea why I got it (I use NO scripts and only MTurk Suite) but I'm still here without interruption, so . . .

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Why yes, I would like another bonus to bring my bonus total up to $6 for the day so far, tyvm.

You've received a bonus from ARRC for work related to 3H781YYV6TJT9AK529M43472NOVET5.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your attention in Surveys and Decision Making Tasks!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Katia2019

Reaction score
Just be careful you stick to the rules. Only talk about the information they give you. They will reject if you use too much personal knowledge.
Thank you, I will keep this in mind if I decide to do more in the future. I will probably wait until the 1 I did today is approved to do more, if it is rejected then I am not doing anymore of them.

Reactions: Despairagus

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you done any big batches lately that were new or something? Like maybe some new requester figured you were a bot since you've been around and are likely really efficient? :\
Pretty well the same requesters as usual.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in these HITS you have ZERO control over what your partner does, so . . .

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: House Search Game(~ 30 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Samuel Gershman [A1NLXULMPXG1OY] (Req TV): $20.02/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Play a House Search Game and win money
Time: 1 hour(s) 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 6
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Exc: [203079272-127806] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [1826] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

Reactions: Michele

Skylycat

Reaction score
Unfortunately, in these HITS you have ZERO control over what your partner does, so . . .
That's the worst part, I've had conversations with what must be four year olds on their parents computer. Sometimes you get a good one and it just flows nice. I haven't done one since they rejected me though. I hold grudges against crappy requesters.

Reactions: HelloHello

IndividualRace

Reaction score
Why yes, I would like another bonus to bring my bonus total up to $6 for the day so far, tyvm.

You've received a bonus from ARRC for work related to 3H781YYV6TJT9AK529M43472NOVET5.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your attention in Surveys and Decision Making Tasks!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Well that's terrifying...

Your Account Amazon.com

Best regards,
Amazon.com

Katia2019

Reaction score
That's the worst part, I've had conversations with what must be four year olds on their parents computer. Sometimes you get a good one and it just flows nice. I haven't done one since they rejected me though. I hold grudges against crappy requesters.
Seems like I got lucky with a good partner. My first attempt disconnected almost instantly, and then I decided to try another. The topics were easy and actually interesting on the one I completed. Hopefully won't get rejected for using some personal knowledge in one of my turns, it was related to the given text though.

...can I include my prolific earnings in my PE today? comes out to about $10.50 for maybe 70 minutes worth of work. mturk = $9.09 so far, but I know I have my Jordan Mansell coming up later today.

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
edit: Nevermind, accepted it and it's identical to the one I already did, so threw it back.

Are we supposed to do this more than once?

I did this a day or so ago and didn't get the qual to block me from doing it again or a qual to do the ones that come after.

Title: Murder Mystery1 (4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: netlabexperiments org [AUVX59CF0NY78] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.29] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: Instructional trial for murder mystery game. This trial is an individual task.
Qualifications: netlabMMtrialtype DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
..[/td][/tr]

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Quick Survey About Commuting(~ 5 minutes) • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/329GGY5YRIFTI9P68CGA1EJMFODT4P/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/329GGY5YRIFTI9P68CGA1EJMFODT4P/tasks/accept_random
Requester: YCCI • https://worker.mturk.com/requestersA3RAU1TKHW84PN/projects
Reward: 0.35
Duration: 30:00
Available: 38
Description: Quick Survey About Commuting
Qualifications: Exc: [-368646180-127809] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 94; Location In US
Time: 00:48
Hourly: $25.77

Reactions: ChristopherASA
Status
Not open for further replies.