02/05 - Tofu Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I admire your ability--under the circumstances--to say "Afternoon everyone!" with an exclamation mark! :)
I've read one comment on your post and agree ... you gotta get another doctor ( which is nothing you don't already know :) ). Pardon my French, but she seems like an asshole. The only thing you can do at this point, I guess, is just steel yourself to getting thru (lamentably) what ya gotta go thru, then make whatever changes you can make to get in a better medical situation. Sincerely wish there was something I could do to help. :) :)
I appreciate it!
Just venting on here makes it one step easier. And yes, doctor switching needs to happen. I'm terrible about things like that. Until recently, I was terrible about even going to a doctor. A lot of distrust with them starting even long before Dr. Asshole.

CaptainBoots

Reaction score
You can always wait and see? The website isn't going to change, so you can still go look up reviews and hourlys for requesters as needed. It's just the fancy graphics and "make your life easier" type tools that you're paying for. Give it a month and see if things are being reviewed to your liking? I've been doing it for free all along, and several thousand others have, too. But if it's not helping you earn more (ideally more than what it costs a month), than it's not necessary, anyway.
My plan was to wait and see, but my sense of urgency mainly comes from the fact that the price is going to jump quite a bit soon, from $50 a year to $80-90 or something, I thought I read?

I also didn't realize that after Feb 7th I could use TV at ALL. I thought it was just going to be completely closed off to me after that.

Last edited:

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I was going to go shovel snow, but apparently someone is fleeing police on foot in my neighborhood. Sooo, I guess I'll just turk a little more
...holy crap. Yeah, the snow's still gonna be there even after the scary person isn't, good call staying inside.

Reactions: IndividualRace

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short research game - what happened on Planet Zorg? (5-7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Cocolab at Princeton [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] (Req TV): $17.70/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.86] [Fair: 4.79] [Comm: 4.86] [Fast: 4.84]
Description:
What happened on Planet Zorg? Tell us what you think in this research game! ~6 minutes
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 212
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate it!
Just venting on here makes it one step easier. And yes, doctor switching needs to happen. I'm terrible about things like that. Until recently, I was terrible about even going to a doctor. A lot of distrust with them starting even long before Dr. Asshole.
I understand venting!! :) Being able to vent here is one of our major advantages as Turkers.

EVERYbody (with rare exceptions) is terrible about seeing their doctors. Just grab whatever it is that women grab when they have to handle an uncomfortable or tiresome situation and make the change in doctors as soon as you're able. :pie:

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate it!
As someone who has fired 14 doctors, let me say it gets easier.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Posting this is just about the only work I'm going to do today. Luck!, ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings from such and such,

You've received a bonus from the State Department for solving all the problems in the Middle East.
The value of your bonus is: $0.25 USD

The Secretary of State included this note:
Grace Kelly was the first female to appear on a U.S. postage stamp

Thanks for being a federal employee!

vandaria

Reaction score
Trying to do murder mystery 3 but keep having no groups available. After like 5 minutes it tells me to submit the HITs, pays me 40 cents and pays a bonus of 40 cents. So I'm not complaining. But I wanted to play.
Write the requester. I had the same thing happen to me and they said they send an email out before the next new batch. And hopefully that would alert others. I was feeling bad for getting paid and not doing anything. When they did release the next set, I had 1 more not doing anything, then finally got one with a person.

I felt really bad too because I very much enjoyed the hit.

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Trying to do murder mystery 3 but keep having no groups available. After like 5 minutes it tells me to submit the HITs, pays me 40 cents and pays a bonus of 40 cents. So I'm not complaining. But I wanted to play.
I just did the qual one a bit ago, any idea how long it takes to get the qual for the other two?

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Write the requester. I had the same thing happen to me and they said they send an email out before the next new batch. And hopefully that would alert others. I was feeling bad for getting paid and not doing anything. When they did release the next set, I had 1 more not doing anything, then finally got one with a person.

I felt really bad too because I very much enjoyed the hit.
I must have missed something because I think the last few I did went well but I didn't get permission to continue, apparently. :(

Reactions: savvy

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. Someone put a lot of time and effort into this.
You know what they say: Ass, grass, or gas. Nobody rides for free.
I had never heard this before I saw Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Failed to find a gif, may just have to go rewatch it now. It's not for everybody, but I love that show.

Reactions: savvy and Kennedy

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I had never heard this before I saw Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Failed to find a gif, may just have to go rewatch it now. It's not for everybody, but I love that show.
I've never heard of that show. But, I'm old and out of step with the world for the most part :D

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My plan was to wait and see, but my sense of urgency mainly comes from the fact that the price is going to jump quite a bit soon, from $50 a year to $80-90 or something, I thought I read?

I also didn't realize that after Feb 7th I could use TV at ALL. I thought it was just going to be completely closed off to me after that.
Oof yeah that would make me make my decision really quick, too... is this the true true? DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 do you know? I don't want to tag Christurk (Though maybe typing his name in will summon him anyhow) needlessly.

Reactions: CaptainBoots

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never heard of that show. But, I'm old and out of step with the world for the most part :D
It's on Netflix if you're curious at all. :)
(also hush up about being old, I'm all of 2 years younger than you. Just, when you sit on the Internet all day, you end up hearing about/reading about stuff because otherwise boredom)

Reactions: Kennedy and savvy
Status
Not open for further replies.