02/04 - TechnoBabble Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbie

Queer Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning, fellow turkers! I have a quick question about motivation re: mental illness stuff. Do any of you on here suffer from depression, and on hard days when it affects you the most, how do you stay motivated?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Morning, fellow turkers! I have a quick question about motivation re: mental illness stuff. Do any of you on here suffer from depression, and on hard days when it affects you the most, how do you stay motivated?

Reactions: j0e and rabbie

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
To some extent... PTSD and Panic Disorder here. Depression is definitely there at times but what's cool about turking is I can stay in my cocoon those days and work from my laptop on the couch. It actually helps me feel better, more productive. Sure, there's still a load of wet laundry in the washer and a sink full of dishes, but I made $30 taking surveys, dammit. :) Hope you feel better.

jan

Reaction score
I don't have depression. But, I am aware that there was a sad panda's thread on the other board. Folks posted there - I think you could start one here, too. I think people saw it as supportive :)

Reactions: rabbie

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I listen to a lot of uplifting music if I can. I also have a subscription to brain.fm that plays really calming music. Though you can also probably find that kind of thing on Youtube as well. Sometimes if I feel really bad I also just let myself get pampered. Like take a bath, take a nap, etc. Hope this helps!

Reactions: j0e and rabbie

Ken_Kaniff

Reaction score
I don't really have anything to add but you aren't alone

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short quick survey about your perceptions and social attitudes. About 10 minutes and $2.00. (~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Survey Studies for Pay [A3LCIQF1AIQ7J1] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.30 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.91 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.81 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 91
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: In this survey, you will answer questions about your perceptions and your social attitudes. This survey includes a qualification question.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Exc: [845831788-6047] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US

rabbie

Queer Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the feedback and the great advice. I super appreciate it! I'm gunna follow that throwing myself into work and listening to bubbly music thing. :)

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
Check your PM's.....

BusyLes

You Don't Know Who I Am!
Reaction score
I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, but sometimes you just have to let yourself NOT work. Don't pressure yourself unnecessarily. Sometimes, though, MTurk is a way for me to escape and NOT think about my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.