02/04 - Mink Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I chose to stay with the, um, "poor people doctor" for this reason. The office is completely open about getting free samples, but not receiving kick-backs because they deal with mostly Medicare/Medicaid patients who they can't up-sell. I also had immensely better experiences than I did with my former private physician who, as it turns out, wasn't as knowledgeable as any of the nurse practitioners that I deal with now. But it's really an individual thing. Preferences, yo?
How does one find a poor folk doctor? I need to find a new doc and I'm dragging my butt about it b/c of all the nonsense.

Zick

Reaction score

Anyone know why I can't accept AudioKites? Looks like I have all the quals

Reactions: C to the J

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
How does one find a poor folk doctor? I need to find a new doc and I'm dragging my butt about it b/c of all the nonsense.
I have no idea how unique my area is, but we have a designated clinic/practice in each town that offers low/no cost services based on income. It's connected to the WIC, TANF, Medicare, etc offices. Perhaps you could start your search there?

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Google your area + Income-based health clinic or low-income clinic is how I found mine. The one I go to takes Medicaid/Medicare, private insurance or sliding fee scale for no insurance. They have dental, vision and medical even!

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Anyone know why I can't accept AudioKites? Looks like I have all the quals
They're probably getting picked up before you get a chance to grab them. Are you using a script to grab them, or just clicking from the forum?

A "poor folk doctor"?
She/I meant doctors who deal with people with low means, they tend to be nicer. My dentist is one of those (he works in the Jewish community and is a unicorn genius of a person).

I have no idea how unique my area is, but we have a designated clinic/practice in each town that offers low/no cost services based on income. It's connected to the WIC, TANF, Medicare, etc offices. Perhaps you could start your search there?
Google your area + Income-based health clinic or low-income clinic is how I found mine. The one I go to takes Medicaid/Medicare, private insurance or sliding fee scale for no insurance. They have dental, vision and medical even!
SOLID ideas. I'd much rather my insurance pay folks who help out. I had a doctor for a while that did a lot of charity work and was really sad when he retired b/c he was seriously excellent. I never even thought to check with low-income clinics etc to find another!

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
SOLID ideas. I'd much rather my insurance pay folks who help out. I had a doctor for a while that did a lot of charity work and was really sad when he retired b/c he was seriously excellent. I never even thought to check with low-income clinics etc to find another!
Check with your local health department too. They may have some info on local low-income docs/clinics.

Status
Not open for further replies.