Reaction score
Reactions: ChristopherASA

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!
Oooh wow that's a lot! Someone just earlier said they got masters after going dormant for 2 weeks, maybe you'll come back fit as a fiddle and Mastered up!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
If I don't share the circumstances under which I got masters, it's because I really can't believe they'd be using the same criteria now as they were in 2013. (Though, I mean, they could. That's the thing: we don't know, and making yourself crazy trying to figure it out spends energy you could be spending on doing more different kinds of work, or learning to script, or something.)

aveline @aveline's categorization/content moderation has been a theory for a long time, there is that (though I feel the people who got masters with <5000 hits pretty much disprove it)
I don't think it necessarily disproves it, if the "golden batch" theory is true at all (maybe someone just got lucky and stumbled onto one early on), but I think there's a lot going into the decision that we just aren't aware of. Amazon could have any number of metrics that they use to judge workers and it appears random to us because we just don't know what they are.

That said, none of this matters if they're not even giving out Masters to begin with.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Oooh wow that's a lot! Someone just earlier said they got masters after going dormant for 2 weeks, maybe you'll come back fit as a fiddle and Mastered up!
I am not sure they have given out Masters to anyone since I started turking a year ago. If they have, it is very few. I want SOMEONE to get it so I know it still exists.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I am not sure they have given out Masters to anyone since I started turking a year ago. If they have, it is very few. I want SOMEONE to get it so I know it still exists.
a batch of people got it early january last year. I can't remember if anyone on here has since then

Castor

Reaction score
I have a question for you folk, When you got masters about how many submitted HIT's did you have and how long had you been turking when you got it? Just curious.
I was turking for 3 or 4 years and had around 200,000 hits when I got masters. I had taken 6 months off, came back and the only thing I worked on was one of those supposedly golden batches before surprise Master's Email. I rarely ever do surveys, I'm 95% batches, I'm not sure if that matters.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Jay Myung for work related to 362E9TQF2HPXV6DJPZF3J6PH8Q3GIL.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Your final total earning in the games is in the top 20%.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
:cheers:

Reactions: cb456

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it goes to people who've installed mturk suite in an even numbered month of the year, but also people who've installed panda crazy on an odd numbered day of the month. I dont have any evidence to back this up but thats how everyone I know who got masters did it. :teach:
I'M IN!!!!

Wait, what?

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
oh yeah, I forgot...I had a good thing too

Mechanical Turk
6:57 AM (7 hours ago)

to me

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Survey Research Institute at Cornell for work related to 3L21G7IH47WMUL5BGGM5Y6ZDO4FY1C.
The value of your bonus is: $3.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone hear back from (UPenn I think it was) about the Bot Rejections? I haven't. May be time to track them down outside mTurk, sounds like several people got those.

Status
Not open for further replies.