01/31 - Super Retro Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
When people say hoard, does it mean putting the HIT on tm, clicking on auto-accept and unchecking the "stop on auto accept" box so that the HITs pile up in a queue? Or is there another way to hoard? This is probably a dumb question but I never learned the proper way to do it.
putting the HIT on tm, clicking on auto-accept and unchecking the "stop on auto accept" box so that the HITs pile up in a queue or the script. OR: When you install the script, where you see "view" in the main search area of mturk, you will see a button called "hoard".

Last edited:

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I guess in the end it does the same thing as using TM.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if there's any advantage to using one or the other for hoarding HITs.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone here done the cats or dogs spreadsheet hit?
I had it in my queue when Sergey showed up for the party and just tossed it away. So, no. From what I gather, there is a good bit of writing involved, but puppies.

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
I had it in my queue when Sergey showed up for the party and just tossed it away. So, no. From what I gather, there is a good bit of writing involved, but puppies.
Yeah, I have it. The directions don't make a lot of sense, and it looks like some of them are done...or are they examples...I have no idea. But I guess if you didn't do it you wouldn't be able to answer that part for me. Thanks though.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I have it. The directions don't make a lot of sense, and it looks like some of them are done...or are they examples...I have no idea. But I guess if you didn't do it you wouldn't be able to answer that part for me. Thanks though.
I didn't have a chance to check the TO, does it look good? I would go for it, during this slow time, if I were you. Be brave.

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
I didn't have a chance to check the TO, does it look good? I would go for it, during this slow time, if I were you. Be brave.
I'm just doing the best that I can with the confusing and incomplete instructions. If it pays off, super, but if it gets rejected, whatever.

Reactions: Tuesday

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: PuppyToes

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just doing the best that I can with the confusing and incomplete instructions. If it pays off, super, but if it gets rejected, whatever.
I would do the same. I know that you will succeed though.

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
When people say hoard, does it mean putting the HIT on tm, clicking on auto-accept and unchecking the "stop on auto accept" box so that the HITs pile up in a queue? Or is there another way to hoard? This is probably a dumb question but I never learned the proper way to do it.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if there's any advantage to using one or the other for hoarding HITs.
Hoarding just means 'put more stuff in your queue than you're currently working on', through whatever means one prefers for refreshing pandas, which is what TM does behind-the-scenes. I don't use the 'hoard' links in the PAH script because then unless you disable the script, you can't ever open that HIT's panda link in that browser without it being hoarded, due to how it works.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
mountain is back with faces

Reactions: EEEmmons

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Never mind, maybe I'm delirious. I swear I saw that on HitScraper, but I'm not catching anything now.

Status
Not open for further replies.