01/29 - Meatball Monday

Today's Nail biter ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 481

Got 4 hours sleep & wide awake, smh. Guess I'm just going to sleep in 4 hour blocks now. Spent the morning looking up estate planning lawyers & sending out emails. 1 lawyer so far wanted to charge like $300 to create simple will. Um, no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Guess what's next, for linguistics research! [Task I:eek: "SQUID", don't take this HIT if you've already done a "SQUID" HIT] | Accept
Requester: Edinburgh Language Research [A2O4KLPLHO8FZK] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $23.74] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.69] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 36] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $27.27] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 5 hours
Available: 1
Description: Task consists of 50 incomplete sentences. For each sentence, your task is to guess which object the speaker is talking about. Estimated time is 10 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

D

Deleted member 481

Title: Guess what's next, for linguistics research! [Task I:eek: "SQUID", don't take this HIT if you've already done a "SQUID" HIT] | Accept
TV: [Hrly: $23.74] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Description: Task consists of 50 incomplete sentences. For each sentence, your task is to guess which object the speaker is talking about. Estimated time is 10 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Missed it, doh!
EDIT: Caught it on PANDA.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Got 4 hours sleep & wide awake, smh. Guess I'm just going to sleep in 4 hour blocks now. Spent the morning looking up estate planning lawyers & sending out emails. 1 lawyer so far wanted to charge like $300 to create simple will. Um, no.
Why do you need an estate lawyer.
I might have some tricks up my sleeve?!

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
D

Deleted member 481

Why do you need an estate lawyer.
I might have some tricks up my sleeve?!
My mom wants to create a last will and testament. She already has a health directive from another lawyer she setup a while back (same one that wants to charge $75 for consultation & $300 for will). We might do it using software if she can find 2 witnesses & have them to go to notary at same time, much cheaper.

Reactions: jan and <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 481

Reward:
$2.00
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Time: 04:58
Hourly: $24.13

D

Deleted member 481

For anyone using the mturk hourly script, it's working again. Just click on the hourly amount and it copies the time/hourly amount so you can paste it wherever.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
My mom wants to create a last will and testament. She already has a health directive from another lawyer she setup a while back (same one that wants to charge $75 for consultation & $300 for will). We might do it using software if she can find 2 witnesses & have them to go to notary at same time, much cheaper.
As someone who's had to deal w/ that stuff, $300 is not that high.

D

Deleted member 481

As someone who's had to deal w/ that stuff, $300 is not that high.
Really? That sucks. All she really needs to leave me is her car. Might just do it ourselves then. Gonna wait to see what the other lawyers say they charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 481

Is there a site everyone is using for these barcodes? I never can find any.

Reactions: <Gucci>

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Really? That sucks. All she really needs to leave me is her car.
Have her sign the title over to you and pay her $1.00 then you won’t get hit with inheritance taxes for getting it. Paying 1$ for it makes it a legal sale to you and not something passed down.
I think bxpretzel @bxpretzel works at a law firm.
Maybe she can verify this

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Have her sign the title over to you and pay her $1.00 then you won’t get hit with inheritance taxes for getting it. Paying 1$ for it makes it a legal sale to you and not something passed down.
I think bxpretzel @bxpretzel works at a law firm.
Maybe she can verify this
The threshold for inheritance tax in almost every state is well over $1,000,000. A lot of people panic over it but the truth is that you have to inherit a shit ton of money before it is taxable. I found that out here in Michigan in 2016 when my grandpa passed away. Here we can exempt up to $1.3 million or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.