01/24 - Toasty Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
making a menu for dinner guests this weekend...

dinner:
Big plate chicken + noodles
pan fried potstickers & dipping sauce
ginger garlic broccoli

dessert:
apple tart
vanilla ice cream

good?
I'll have everything but the apple tart, pls. That all looks great! Is the ginger garlic broccoli in a brown sauce, or literally just ginger and garlic in the broc?

Reactions: Sondi

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
I did it this morning I think it took me 25ish minutes. It felt like it wasn't going to end.
It's good to know it wasn't just me. The last big was three in a row where I had chambered up that, "Thank God I'm done with this!" feeling only to not actually be done with it.

Reactions: jijab

ellie_v

Reaction score
man, like a month ago Noah's seemed so worth the money.. now, not so much :thumbdown:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'll have everything but the apple tart, pls. That all looks great! Is the ginger garlic broccoli in a brown sauce, or literally just ginger and garlic in the broc?
the secret to making it really amazing is that chicken broth power you get at asian markets with MSG in (yes, really, it's been unfairly demonized) :hungry:

I make it like this (just eyeballing everything);
steam the broc crisp-tender
in a separate saute pan cook the ginger and garlic in oil (1tbsp or so of each) until fragrant
add a splash of water (between 1/8th-1/4 cup) and like 1/2 tsp chicken powder & a bit of salt (and white pepper if you're fancy)
add a cornstarch water mixture (1/2-1tsp cornstarch and a few teaspoons of water)
let the 'sauce' thicken a bit and add all the broccoli and stir it around until it's all delicious :hungry:

Last edited:

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Speaking of Ex's, today is the 7th anniversary of my split from my daughter's mother after she admitted to sleeping with dudes from work.

To mark the anniversary should I:

1) Text her and tell her that I forgive her and want to leave it all in the past and focus on being good co-parents like mature adults?
2) Have her SWATed

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
the secret to making it really amazing is that chicken broth power you get at asian markets with MSG in (yes, really, it's been unfairly demonized) :hungry:

I make it like this (just eyeballing everything);
steam the broc crisp-tender
in a separate saute pan cook the ginger and garlic in oil (1tbsp or so of each) until fragrant
add a splash of water (between 1/8th-1/4 cup) and like 1/2 tsp chicken powder & a bit of salt (and white pepper if you're fancy)
add a cornstarch water mixture (1/2-1tsp cornstarch and a few teaspoons of water)
let the 'sauce' thicken a bit and add all the broccoli and stir it around until it's all delicious :hungry:
I live in the Asian Grocery (figuratively) I've always got MSG around! I'll give this a shot next time I make broccoli. I usually add sesame oil and soysauce but sodium and all...

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Speaking of Ex's, today is the 7th anniversary of my split from my daughter's mother after she admitted to sleeping with dudes from work.

1) Text her and tell her that I forgive her and want to leave it all in the past and focus on being good co-parents like mature adults?
2) Have her SWATed
3) do nothing!

do #3!!!!!!!

nmelssx

Reaction score

2) Have her SWATed
Not just a dude. But dudes? Whelp.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

2) Have her SWATed
3. Sleep with those same dudes and post selfies on her facebook wall

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

2) Have her SWATed
Act like you didn't even notice today was the anniversary.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I live in the Asian Grocery (figuratively) I've always got MSG around! I'll give this a shot next time I make broccoli. I usually add sesame oil and soysauce but sodium and all...
It's surprisingly amazing for the simplicity of it. If you're really fancy you can reconstruct the broccoli into a little mountain piece by piece (all stems facing inward) like the Chinese mom I learned it from. :pompus:

Reactions: Despairagus

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Clicking buttons to earn points (8-15mins) | PANDA
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $19.74] [Pay: 4.63] [Fast: 4.95] [Comm: 5.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.45] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 4.08] [Fair: 4.76] [Reviews: 124] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: $9.692] [Pen: 0.06 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.25
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: You will play a game where you click buttons to earn points
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; bandit-task DoesNotExist; Adelaide Basic Qualification Exists

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Clicking buttons to earn points (8-15mins) | PANDA
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $19.74] [Pay: 4.63] [Fast: 4.95] [Comm: 5.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.45] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 4.08] [Fair: 4.76] [Reviews: 124] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: $9.692] [Pen: 0.06 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.25
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: You will play a game where you click buttons to earn points
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; bandit-task DoesNotExist; Adelaide Basic Qualification Exists
As always from Adelaide, a Great HIT.

Reactions: Kliq

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Judgment and math problems | Accept
Requester: Yigal Attali [ASOGCCOAO0E33] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.20] [Pay=4.59] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]