01/24 - Toasty Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Or you missed the previous HIT.(more likely) It said the previous was sometime between Feb2018 and now. Who knows.
But, says it can lead to being "hired". We shall see what that means.:p
Between Feb 2018 and now? That really narrows it down. I'm not sure if I did a single survey in 2018, so I'm not surprised.

Reactions: Jerami and savvy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting an absurd amount of PREs in Panda Crazy? I Panda no more than two hits at a time and I'm at 62 PREs already. I believe I have it set to default at 1000. Should I change it? :banghead:
If it's only pinging once a second, it's probably something else that you're doing. Even though PandAs at 1 second shouldn't throw PRE's, if you're pinging AMT very frequently in other ways, it still counts against the "about once per second' rule. So, if you have HF going off more frequently, if you're working a batch that's very quick, etc. Once you get the first PRE, you'll get in a loop and all of the next next pings will also throw a PRE as well, until it "cools down". But even though 62 PRE's seems like a lot(and it's more than I would like) at a 1000ms speed, that's only about a minute of PRE's. If you're running at 1000ms, I'd see what else was pinging AMT at the same time. That may be the culprit.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4ourfuture

Kliq

Reaction score
Title: Publix survey on Kombucha. | Accept
Requester: Basil Beshkov [A1J2VJQQ2T2RXS] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a survey for Publix Shoppers who buy Kombucha. We need to know your preference on certain flavors.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

nmelssx

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting an absurd amount of PREs in Panda Crazy? I Panda no more than two hits at a time and I'm at 62 PREs already. I believe I have it set to default at 1000. Should I change it? :banghead:
Yeah, you can only request about 1 HIT per second, otherwise mturk blocks the request.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
If it's only pinging once a second, it's probably something else that you're doing. Even thoughPandAs at 1 second shouldn't throw PRE's, if you're pinging AMT very frequently in other ways, it still counts against the "about once per second rule". So, if you have HF going off more frequently, if you're working a batch that's very quick, etc. Once you get the first PRE, you'll get in a loop and all of the next next pings will also throw a PRE as well, until it "cools down". But, 62 PRE's seems like a lot(and it's more than I would like) at a 1000ms speed, that's only about a minute of PRE's. If you're running at 1000ms, I'd see what else was pinging AMT at the same time. That may be the culprit.:)
I just started using HIT Forker yesterday, but I don't think it's that. I think what could be a problem is my clicking ACCEPT on HITs off of the forum and maybe that request is happening at the same time as the requests PC are making. Or it is HIT Forker and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Thank you for taking the time out to reply, Jerami. You're always so helpful.

Reactions: Jerami

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Short survey ( 3 ~ 4 mins) | PANDA
Requester: Smith Lab [AM08M2RSHL9D2] (Req TV): $10.28/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
This short survey will take about 3 to 4 minutes to complete.
Time: 25 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 30
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US; Norm13 Pretest DoesNotExist ;

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Paraphrasing | Accept
Requester: Kasisto - Primary [A3G0QO2P6GWLSN] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.34] [Pay=4.56] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.52] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=3.70] [Fair=4.63] [Reviews=49] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.88] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.08
Duration: 20:00
Available: 100
Description: paraphrasing sentences
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
no joke??? You make all your money off batches?
I was mostly just living off savings last year. I only made like $8k from mturk, and most of that was because we had like 6 months straight of barcodes posting every day and lots of ocmp5 batches.

In general though, when I am turking full time, I would say that surveys make up probably around 20% of my income.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just started using HIT Forker yesterday, but I don't think it's that. I think what could be a problem is my clicking ACCEPT on HITs off of the forum and maybe that request is happening at the same time as the requests PC are making. Or it is HIT Forker and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Thank you for taking the time out to reply, Jerami. You're always so helpful.
You got it!:) See, that's the issue with Forker and PC, since the searches aren't based off the same clock cycle(like MTS), they can happen concurrently. Add in some unfruitful forum clicking and it's PRE City, population- You. If you're running everything at 1000ms, try switching one app to a different speed, like 1050ms. At least then, the chances that they intersect will be less.:)

Good luck. Let me know if we need to get deeper into it.:)

nmelssx

Reaction score
"Paraphrasing" by "Kasisto - Primary".

Do we just pick any one of the three sentences and paraphrase it?

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not excited, so you can have it! :ROFL: its the beginning of a week full of snow and two "arctic blasts" according to the weatherman
I am just getting the artic blast with no snow

Reactions: FrenchToast

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
"Paraphrasing" by "Kasisto - Primary".

Do we just pick any one of the three sentences and paraphrase it?
"You may see multiple example questions. Please do not combine the questions in your answer; they are redundant with each other. Instead, provide a single question that could be a reasonable substitute for any of the example questions."

Reactions: Michele and Jerami

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I am just getting the artic blast with no snow
effin same. I haven't seen ANY snow yet. Facebook memories keep showing me how often it snows this time of year.

it's currently 65*

Reactions: FrenchToast and Liz

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I was mostly just living off savings last year. I only made like $8k from mturk, and most of that was because we had like 6 months straight of barcodes posting every day and lots of ocmp5 batches.

In general though, when I am turking full time, I would say that surveys make up probably around 20% of my income.
God. I miss daily Barcodes.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"You may see multiple example questions. Please do not combine the questions in your answer; they are redundant with each other. Instead, provide a single question that could be a reasonable substitute for any of the example questions."
I no speaka your language!:p

nmelssx

Reaction score
Some of them seems vastly different though.

Status
Not open for further replies.