01/22 - Mazzy Star Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused about why I'm verifying that they accept Visa. Has anyone hit a site that takes credit cards but doesn't accept Visa?

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I was arrested today, yup. Apparently, when I had paid off a fine a new clerk at the clerk of courts office used a dorm that was a bond form and not the correct form. What this had included in the paperwork was a promise to appear, for today. So around 4:30 an officer shows up and tells me that I failed to appear. After hyperventilating, maybe not quite but it sure felt like a panic attack. I got it together as my husband removed my hysterical 10yo daughter. No amount of reasoning mattered to the officer, he had to take me. Luckily, the chief of police got ahold of the judge from today and after a few hours of intense unpleasantness this was straightened out. But WTF, what a night. I don't even owe anything, the original fine was for an expired tag because the car we bought our daughter had the dealer plate and it expired on the day after Thanksgiving. I was pulled over that weekend, my bad I know, but holy shit, I am wired now!

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused about why I'm verifying that they accept Visa. Has anyone hit a site that takes credit cards but doesn't accept Visa?
Yeah a few. I had one that was Amex, Bitcoin, or e-check only. I wouldn't shop there myself...

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I had one accept mastercard and american express once, but that was years ago and a very small site. I did have trouble once with mastercard because it wanted a masterpass and the process got all screwed up.

Reactions: <Gucci>

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was arrested today, yup. Apparently, when I had paid off a fine a new clerk at the clerk of courts office used a dorm that was a bond form and not the correct form. What this had included in the paperwork was a promise to appear, for today. So around 4:30 an officer shows up and tells me that I failed to appear. After hyperventilating, maybe not quite but it sure felt like a panic attack. I got it together as my husband removed my hysterical 10yo daughter. No amount of reasoning mattered to the officer, he had to take me. Luckily, the chief of police got ahold of the judge from today and after a few hours of intense unpleasantness this was straightened out. But WTF, what a night. I don't even owe anything, the original fine was for an expired tag because the car we bought our daughter had the dealer plate and it expired on the day after Thanksgiving. I was pulled over that weekend, my bad I know, but holy shit, I am wired now!
Oh my that sounds awful! Sorry you and your family had to go through that. :(

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sorry you had a rough day.
Got a mugshot?! :gucci:

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my that sounds awful! Sorry you and your family had to go through that. :(
Thank you. Lesson learned, remember to read all paperwork thoroughly. I mean, I would have been there had I known, and asking why I had to appear because there was no reason to even go since the fine was paid a week after the citation, but the funny thing is, I thought maybe they didn't show I paid it and that was why. But nope, the new kid simply didn't know what he was doing and because he entered it as bond it automatically issued a promise to appear date. I am waiting for my daughter to get the paperwork from her glove box to see if I even had a copy in the paperwork from paying the fine off.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: <Gucci>

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last time I got arrested, I had to fight a man for my Cheetos.

Status
Not open for further replies.