Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
. now Ii don't even bother with Z's. not worth my time
You know, I'm starting to get the same feeling. Spent so much of my day today trying to figure out why it's hard for me to catch them now, but what's the point? Probably would've made the same amount doing other things. Ho hum.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Rate English Sentences (~20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Daniel Plesniak [A341ONAV8KOAZ4] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
View sentences of English and decide if they are acceptable or unacceptable with given interpretations
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.57
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
NVM, it's broken
I completed this hit the best I could. I contacted the requester with an explanation of the confusion in the instructions and such. He responded with this email in a matter of minutes:

Thank you for letting me know about the problems with the survey. You were accidentally sent to the wrong page. I have cancelled the survey and will repost it once it is working. Assuming you did complete what was there, you will still of course be paid.

Best,
Daniel

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I completed this hit the best I could. I contacted the requester with an explanation of the confusion in the instructions and such. He responded with this email in a matter of minutes:

Thank you for letting me know about the problems with the survey. You were accidentally sent to the wrong page. I have cancelled the survey and will repost it once it is working. Assuming you did complete what was there, you will still of course be paid.

Best,
Daniel
Faith in humanity slightly restored again!

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
i really wanna make more money in life but do I want to work for a giant organization i don't really approve of ? hmmm.
i dislike my current job but it can be easy and it's the local government, only so evil. steady job, no layoffs.

urgh.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i really wanna make more money in life but do I want to work for a giant organization i don't really approve of ? hmmm.
i dislike my current job but it can be easy and it's the local government, only so evil. steady job, no layoffs.

urgh.
That is all very relatable. I'm ughing in solidarity with you.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a study about political discussions online(~ 12 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Alexander Bor [A3KNIOMXUWZOEL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.17] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.14] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=18] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.28] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=null] [Rec=86%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 45:00
Available: 106
Description: Answer questions and write a few sentences
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [1807] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [2104792771-123593] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
12 min

jan

Reaction score
Title: A Survey about Product Evaluation | Accept
Requester: Ahmet [A2GJJ33F13Q6E7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: A 5-minute survey about product evaluation
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

savvy

Reaction score
That is all very relatable. I'm ughing in solidarity with you.
i live by the dollar tree headquarters that just expanded. they're hiring over 200 coroprate positions. I qualify for a few. I know two people that work there and love it. I know another that makes bank but is massively overworked in his salaried position. He likes his coworkers but not his job. I could do the part of my current job that i vehemetly hate full time there and make like 10k a year more. Which is a lot. but I'm lazy. I hate selling my soul.

charlie

Reaction score
edit: I hate to get my panties in a bunch and go on a warpath over nothing, but this just... idk maybe it's the audacity to think no one would hear this song and go "Hey that sounds like AN INCREDIBLY FAMOUS SMITHS SONG" just blows me away.

Especially with so many people I know putting themselves out there with original music they wrote and working so hard. It's just way way way too similar.
oh wow. yeah right as the rhythm guitar started i recognized the chord progression. yikes. too bad. i like that woman's voice.

Reactions: Despairagus

jan

Reaction score
Title: Satisfaction Study | Accept
Requester: Ryan Buell [A2N0MYXIGB16RK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.56] [Pay=4.74] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.68] [Fast=4.97] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.94] [Reviews=93] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.13] [Pen=0.25 days] [Res=null] [Rec=95%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Available: 1
Description: This research study investigates perceptions and behaviors. It will take ~3 minutes for 50 cents. Participants will have an option of taking a brief survey, or doing an alternate task that may take longer in exchange for a 50 cent bonus.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Thinking About Your Friends Study(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: University Info Lab [A2SC8SY17JOV6N] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.38] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.77] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.25] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.65
Available: 55
Description: Answer a few questions about your friends
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [123190-122601] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
i live by the dollar tree headquarters that just expanded. they're hiring over 200 coroprate positions. I qualify for a few. I know two people that work there and love it. I know another that makes bank but is massively overworked in his salaried position. He likes his coworkers but not his job. I could do the part of my current job that i vehemetly hate full time there and make like 10k a year more. Which is a lot. but I'm lazy. I hate selling my soul.
How's the pay at Dollar Tree HQ?

savvy

Reaction score
How's the pay at Dollar Tree HQ?
generally? a lot a lot.

I do a weird assortment of stuff in my current job, and some of it I love. the part i hate is A/P, A/R. But I could go there and do A/P full time and make 10k a year more. It's in my city, easy commute.'

my best friend's husband is a merchandising forecaster and makes around 65k, which around here is about middle class existence.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Money is great and all, but letting your soul dry out doing something you hate isn't worth it IMHO.

oh wow. yeah right as the rhythm guitar started i recognized the chord progression. yikes. too bad. i like that woman's voice.
THANK YOU! It's crazy, right?? I listened to them side by side over and over and over before I even said anything to anyone (or sent it to anyone, I sent it to like 4 musician friends b/c I'm sort of a stickler for 'that sounds like x song' and didn't want to be overreacting) How could anyone ever put that song out and think no one would notice it was a direct ripoff. I can understand a part of it, or something subtle, but the entire song? oof.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Sentiment analysis (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: Wattpad [A30F4A89N0K6NM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 6:00
Available: 2186
Description: Analyze sentiment (emotion) given the provided content
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Batch.[/td][/tr]

charlie

Reaction score
Money is great and all, but letting your soul dry out doing something you hate isn't worth it IMHO.

THANK YOU! It's crazy, right?? I listened to them side by side over and over and over before I even said anything to anyone (or sent it to anyone, I sent it to like 4 musician friends b/c I'm sort of a stickler for 'that sounds like x song' and didn't want to be overreacting) How could anyone ever put that song out and think no one would notice it was a direct ripoff. I can understand a part of it, or something subtle, but the entire song? oof.
i agree with you totally. even the vocal cadence is too similar. yeah this needs to be reported. you might also email audiokite and see if they say anything.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i agree with you totally. even the vocal cadence is too similar. yeah this needs to be reported. you might also email audiokite and see if they say anything.
Yeah I'll do that. I'm going to message their DMCA person directly too.

I've had too much caffeine to do it right now so I'll probably go ahead and do it later once I calm down about it a bit so my message isn't all THIS IS AN OUTRAGE HOW DARE SHE!?

Reactions: charlie and savvy
Status
Not open for further replies.