01/13 - Money on My Mind Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Pindrop Speakers Campaign 2020 | PANDA
Requester: Pindrop Security [A1BTZJCOJPKRO1] [TurkerView]
Description: Record yourself speaking 30 sentences out loud each preceding the phrase "Hi Bixby" to be pronounced in two different accents as instructed.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $4.25
Qualifications:
HIT Time: 6 min, 15 sec
Catchability: Great
Pros: These are fantastic

PandaThief

Reaction score
If you do this, can you let me know how ridiculous it is? I caught it as soon as it popped up but it sounds crazy so I'm just letting it sit for a minute
7 min, pretty good requester

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Food Availability(~ 30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Shannon O'Connor [A34NZA1CK3LCSC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.81] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.67] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 0
Description: Impact of food availability on eating and feeding behavior
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Markb

Reaction score
If you do this, can you let me know how ridiculous it is? I caught it as soon as it popped up but it sounds crazy so I'm just letting it sit for a minute
Kind of like Acme but without being able to playback the recordings and without redoing them over unless you start from the beginning

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Fantastically simple for me. I did not fake an accent, I said the Korean Bixby as it had it in the parenthesis. I've done one of these before.

Reactions: Despairagus

Poisontea

Reaction score
Sorry, I got distracted with some work for a bit.

As others have said, I think the fewer you have running the better (my own personal preference is no more than 2 or 3 at a time). Another good thing to do, I think, is to keep an eye on the timers of the HITs that you're running pandas for. Your best chances for catching a HIT are going to be when it posts of course, but there's also a good chance to catch some stuff when the timer expires. After that, I think it becomes quite a bit harder to catch something, unless someone that picked it up later returns it or it posts again. If you're running a panda for a HIT with a 1 hour timer and it has been over an hour, it may be better to stop that panda so you can prioritize something else. I think a big part of catching stuff is in how well you manage those few pandas that you're running.
I'll keep that in mind thank you!
I have one more question, do people typically have it set up so that when a requester they like posts something it is PANDA's automatically? I've heard of that but haven't figured out how to do it so I feel like I always see the HITs way too late.

Reactions: aveline

PandaThief

Reaction score
Can you confirm if I am meant to pretend to have a Korean accent on this one? I'll have to restart... obv I am but it just seems so weird. I am right?
i just spoke natural English on all recordings

Reactions: 4ourfuture

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Yale Institute for Network Science for work related to 3NRZ1LDP7WLPZT9GUN57F051OBWPZD.
The value of your bonus is: $8.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Final game score.

Woo hoo! Fastest bonus payment ever!
On that note, I'm going to pick up kiddo. See you guys later.
:muffin:

Poisontea

Reaction score
You are exactly the person I've needed around! Will give it a whirl during my afternoon Turking and get back to you
Sounds good! I have plenty more suggestions. I love music that makes me want to dance, which is what I listen to while Turking to make it less dreary.

Reactions: ekkirksey

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Negotiation Behaviors(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Veronica [A3EHR1YBT3D8XN] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.54] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.70] [Fast=4.06] [Comm=2.00] [Fair=4.06] [Reviews=23] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 40:00
Available: 3
Description: Survey (15 minutes) on negotiation behaviors, $1.50
Qualifications: Exc: [6110176-191315] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind thank you!
I have one more question, do people typically have it set up so that when a requester they like posts something it is PANDA's automatically? I've heard of that but haven't figured out how to do it so I feel like I always see the HITs way too late.
Panda Crazy does have a requester search that will do that. I think each requester search sorta works like its own panda, so I don't think it's something that you would want to run a lot of unless you expect a certain requester to post something (though, I could be wrong about this. I've never really used it much.)

If you're using the PC Helper script (which, I think you should be if you're using PC), the requester search would be the Search option when you see these buttons.

• Love
Reactions: Poisontea

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.