Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Glad to see everyone is already beating me at posting hits. But I'm also angry that I'm already rendered useless. :p

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to be kinda neutral because MTG was never really bad to me, but the things being said about many people here is starting to piss me off. Such churlish little bitches. I'm gonna take a smoke break so as to not get involved. I wanna stay neutral but I am cognizant that 90% of the people who welcomed and taught me how to Turk better are not being openly hostile bholes.
Just to be clear, none of the issues we had were with the members of MTG. Everyone who shares HITs and posts there daily is great. It was a management issue only.

Jak

Reaction score
It's basically what we said in our posts there. There was little to no communication between management and the moderators. We were constantly harassed and emotionally abused. I had my admin rights taken away and given back several times without being told why. The owner "quit" several times, leaving us in a lurch each time and then returned with promises to make everything better, before quitting again. Repeatedly. It was emotionally exhausting and we had no power to change anything since our suggestions and attempts to change things were ignored. So it was time to move on.
Zingy did that? Weird, he was always nice to me. :D

alithia

Oblivion
Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you who fit the demographic:

Title: Clothing and Outfit Preference Study (ASIAN/ASIAN AMERICAN WOMEN ONLY)
Requester: David Frederick [A2IGC23690DHO0] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.45 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.96 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 41
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: 7 minute psychology survey about clothing choices for Asian/Asian American women only. You will give your opinion on a variety of products and answer a few questions about yourself. Most people will take 4-9 minutes.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.42
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

Watto

Reaction score
I don't have strong personal opinions on the schism, but absentee leadership was a major issue when I left MTF and I understand how that could be a problem. Still, my experience with MTG was far better than my time on MTF.

I can't say I envy the jobs of moderators on just about any mturk forum though. I think the chaotic nature of mturk work combined with the high turnover rate of workers makes longevity a serious challenge even when there are no ill intentions.

B1llyBlanco

Reaction score
Hey are there gonna be the same donator perks here? I was sitting here waiting like WTF, why isnt anyone posting shit and then realize its because there is no autorefresh lol. I needs me some autoupdating forum.

Tjololo

Reaction score
Just to be clear, none of the issues we had were with the members of MTG. Everyone who shares HITs and posts there daily is great. It was a management issue only.
...Except for turklicious right? She's totally worth leaving MTG over.

Reactions: Jaded and kryss

Definitely Not Riss

Probably not Breakfast Wino
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey are there gonna be the same donator perks here? I was sitting here waiting like WTF, why isnt anyone posting shit and then realize its because there is no autorefresh lol. I needs me some autoupdating forum.
Mine does

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Will it still be $10 to get autoupdate? Never got it on the other site although I've been meaning to as soon as I can spare $10 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.