Status
Not open for further replies.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Thank you. Is there a calculator of some sort (Sorry if this is a dumb question) That might be able to give me a ball park of what im looking at paying in?
Why don't you just start your return? Are you waiting on other paperwork? It'll tell you how much you're going to owe/get before you submit it.

Lauren

Reaction score
Thank you. Is there a calculator of some sort (Sorry if this is a dumb question) That might be able to give me a ball park of what im looking at paying in?
here is the 2016 federal income tax rates
http://taxfoundation.org/article/2016-tax-brackets

also don't forget to deduct anything you use for work. i think you can even deduct one room in your house if you use it as an office. and your internet and stuff. but i really don't know since this is the first year I turked.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Try HRBlock or TurbTax or one of those sites. They usually let you input all the information without paying, then you just pay when you submit it, if you decide to use that site (which I don't recommend, because they are expensive)

D

Deleted member 526

what is the fastest easiest way online that is free to find out how much I have to pay in taxes for last year? because a lot of the places online last year said they were free but when you go through the screens eventually you have to pay to fill out the right forms.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
was hoping for some more zoltars. i'm babysitting my niece today and the used car and plumbing don't take much brain power/attention. I have no idea how you guys with kids are able to do a lot of these HITs while constantly looking over to make sure the baby is still breathing lol
its only because my kids are 6 and 9 and I get them on the bus right before Zs start dropping. Today however, they are home due to ice/road conditions. They're in their rooms.... doing something? IDK they're boys and being quiet so I should probably go check on them :wink:

Reactions: Liz and Lauren

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
what is the fastest easiest way online that is free to find out how much I have to pay in taxes for last year? because a lot of the places online last year said they were free but when you go through the screens eventually you have to pay to fill out the right forms.
AFAIK there is no free version for self-employed peeps.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

also don't forget to deduct anything you use for work. i think you can even deduct one room in your house if you use it as an office. and your internet and stuff. but i really don't know since this is the first year I turked.
be very careful about the home office deduction. statistically it is the deduction most likely to trigger an audit and the regulations for being able to take the home office deduction are incredibly strict. the home office must be used strictly for at home work and may not be used for other household purposes. i'd strongly encourage anyone wanting to take the home office deduction to consult with a tax person first.

Reactions: MirrorMan and Jaded

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
TurboTax doesn't charge you until you submit your return.

Lauren

Reaction score
i saw a commercial that credit karma has a tax section now that is free, but i haven't looked into it.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Go through a quick survey that evaluates your customer service expectation | PANDA
Requester: CEB Customer Contact [A2FME3V74VSQKP] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 4.67] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
Description:
We are conducting primary research in the field of customer service and would like to understand what people expect in different ways of receiving information or getting customer service support.
Time: 24 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.1

Reactions: KittyTacos

Lauren

Reaction score
be very careful about the home office deduction. statistically it is the deduction most likely to trigger an audit and the regulations for being able to take the home office deduction are incredibly strict. the home office must be used strictly for at home work and may not be used for other household purposes. i'd strongly encourage anyone wanting to take the home office deduction to consult with a tax person first.
yeah i haven't personally done it but i know a friend who owns his own video business and deducts his office for the editing stuff.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
Why don't you just start your return? Are you waiting on other paperwork? It'll tell you how much you're going to owe/get before you submit it.
Thank you

Thank you

I haven't personally used this one, but a quick google search brought me to:

https://www.libertytax.com/tax-estimator/
Thanks

Try HRBlock or TurbTax or one of those sites. They usually let you input all the information without paying, then you just pay when you submit it, if you decide to use that site (which I don't recommend, because they are expensive)
I normally use one of those programs. I heard HR Block has something where you can do payments if you didnt think ahead so i figured id go with them i thats the case

You can try here :wink:

*cracks self up*
AH. Now after all the times ive done it, i finally get it back done to me.

No i dont have my paperwork i just wanted to get a ballpark figure to see what im looking at. Just curious. I appreciate all the replies.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

Lauren

Reaction score
its only because my kids are 6 and 9 and I get them on the bus right before Zs start dropping. Today however, they are home due to ice/road conditions. They're in their rooms.... doing something? IDK they're boys and being quiet so I should probably go check on them :wink:
i think anything older than like 5 is ok. they could watch TV or do lego sets or they're at school, etc. and obviously little babies who can't crawl yet are fine. but it's like 1-4 year olds that are annoying because they constantly need to be watched to make sure they don't kill themselves lol.

Reactions: FrenchToast

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Earn $1.25 for completing a 20-25 minute survey about every day experiences and advertising! | PANDA
Requester: Consumer Behavior Lab [A3FB3LMEFKY67W] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 4.69] [Comm: 4.33] [Fast: 4.50] [Reviews: 52] [ToS: 0]
Description:
you will be asked to write about your every day experiences and to evaluate an advertisement
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; Location is US;

HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.1
Anybody got a time? Not trying to spend a half hour for a buck and a quarter
11 minutes.
Some writing that made me roll my eyes, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.