Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What do you mean by accidentally? If you answered it truthfully the first time and were screened out, then definitely not. If it truly was an accident, like as if a freak muscle spasm occurrence happened, causing you to click a wrong option, I couldn't really say. I'm sure you can decide for yourself what is honest and what isn't.
You'd risk rejection and a possible block, sriRam @sriRam

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
Talking about Turkerview, this should be going into effect soon, for those who haven't seen it.

https://forum.turkerview.com/threads/preview-turkerviews-new-view-api-infrastructure.1959/
FWIW, this is setting up to still be a good ways away from actually taking effect. I will likely be updating TVJS for this weekend, but the only thing a user would immediately need a key for is submitting stuff (instead of using the ugly 3rd party cookie workaround which has been increasingly unreliable as browsers block it [thanks facebook]). Forker's code is done, as is most of MTS's, so folks will be able to actually get useful data out of them instead of the craptastic API they're stuck using atm, but I'm now planning on releasing them on a more rolling schedule so I can throw up more infrastructure if its required.

I'm personally still unsold on the whole setup after getting more feedback on it, which I'm expecting to get a lot more of once TVJS updates & people who aren't sitting around TV all day finally see the changes so there is definitely going to be time required to process all that lol (& I'm obvi available here for it as well if needed).

Anyway, that's lots of words to say that although the announcement has end of January on it as a time table, its pretty likely that gets pushed back so folks who aren't sitting on the forums don't get screwed over on a head's up.
If I'm understanding correctly, you are required to pay a monthly subscriptions to view their website if you don't write any reviews for them? o_O
Nah, how the website is now will continue to work as-is (bug fixes aside). Some stuff will still be behind the "login wall" (like how TO functions) but mostly its junk data I don't want Google seeing more than I care about hiding it from normal human visitors haha.
I don't think you will be limited from viewing the website, but will have a limit on how much info you can request from the API per day (which is what scripts like HITFinder do.)
Yupp ^

sriRam

Reaction score
What do you mean by accidentally? If you answered it truthfully the first time and were screened out, then definitely not. If it truly was an accident, like as if a freak muscle spasm occurrence happened, causing you to click a wrong option, I couldn't really say. I'm sure you can decide for yourself what is honest and what isn't.
My son grabbed the laptop while I was answering the door...

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
FWIW, this is setting up to still be a good ways away from actually taking effect. I will likely be updating TVJS for this weekend, but the only thing a user would immediately need a key for is submitting stuff (instead of using the ugly 3rd party cookie workaround which has been increasingly unreliable as browsers block it [thanks facebook]). Forker's code is done, as is most of MTS's, so folks will be able to actually get useful data out of them instead of the craptastic API they're stuck using atm, but I'm now planning on releasing them on a more rolling schedule so I can throw up more infrastructure if its required.

I'm personally still unsold on the whole setup after getting more feedback on it, which I'm expecting to get a lot more of once TVJS updates & people who aren't sitting around TV all day finally see the changes so there is definitely going to be time required to process all that lol (& I'm obvi available here for it as well if needed).

Anyway, that's lots of words to say that although the announcement has end of January on it as a time table, its pretty likely that gets pushed back so folks who aren't sitting on the forums don't get screwed over on a head's up.

Nah, how the website is now will continue to work as-is (bug fixes aside). Some stuff will still be behind the "login wall" (like how TO functions) but mostly its junk data I don't want Google seeing more than I care about hiding it from normal human visitors haha.

Yupp ^
I'm pretty dumb about this kind of stuff so I apologize if this is a stupid question, but when you say "the only thing a user would immediately need a key for is submitting stuff", does that mean we can't review reqs/hits anymore if we don't pay or if we don't login or what?

nmelssx

Reaction score
Trying to use Mturk Suite to export hits here, but when I click the export button it says "Are you sure you want to export this HIT to mturkcrowd.com?" What do I put in the blank line?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Trying to use Mturk Suite to export hits here, but when I click the export button it says "Are you sure you want to export this HIT to mturkcrowd.com?" What do I put in the blank line?
any character other than a space. I usually use a period

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey on political opinions(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Filip Kiil [A2U0IGOML1Y50M] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 34
Description: A 5 minutes survey on political opinions. Approval within one hour.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [3952844-123073] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
i just click ok

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
My son grabbed the laptop while I was answering the door...
I understand. But as C to the J @C to the J said, you do still risk rejection and/or a block. Dishonest people will often take screeners multiple times until they can get into the HIT, and many requesters have ways of watching out for that sort of behavior. A requester wouldn't know that it was accidental and they would probably assume you're part of that dishonest people group. If you're really set on doing that HIT though, I would personally probably message the requester first, to explain. Best not to chance it.

nmelssx

Reaction score
any character other than a space. I usually use a period
I put a period, clicked "OK" and nothing happens.

I'm doing this inside "Your Hits Queue", and not in Mturk Suite's Hit Finder, by the way. There's an export button near the titles. When I'm doing it in Mturk Suite's Hit Finder, it works fine though. But since I never use Mturk Suite's Hit Finder, that is an issue. Is it just me, or is the export button in "Your Hits Queue" broken? Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Reactions: Kadauchi

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I put a period, clicked "OK" and nothing happens.

I'm doing this inside "Your Hits Queue", and not in Mturk Suite's Hit Finder, by the way. There's an export button near the titles. When I'm doing it in Mturk Suite's Hit Finder, it works fine though. But since I never use Mturk Suite's Hit Finder, that is an issue. Is it just me, or is the export button in "Your Hits Queue" broken? Kadauchi @Kadauchi
oh ok yeah, doing it from my queue never works either for some reason. I have to do it directly from HF

Reactions: Despairagus

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
does that mean we can't review reqs/hits anymore if we don't pay or if we don't login or what?
Oh no haha. Well, you can't review if you're not logged in but that has always been the case, this is just a more reliable way of identifying you as "you" (versus how TVJS does it now).

Do you use Pushbullet for MTS/Forker? If so the process will be exactly the same as that, you can grab your key totally free and it'll work for things like that w/o a hassle or paying for anything. I'd be wearing my pants on my head if I thought it was OK to charge people to review requesters haha, doing that is essentially "working" for free (which is why I also prefer to not charge people who do that anything at all to begin with) totally get why you'd ask though but nah that's not in the cards at all.

And as an aside if you don't use PB, go sign up for it it'll change your turking experience :p

Status
Not open for further replies.