01/09 - Tyga Tuesday!

Coke or Pepsi?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
I don't log in and post as much as I should. But everyone is talking about PE tonight, and I've seen a lot of people seeming discouraged with the lack of work recently, on top of the worker site, etc. So I figured I would share my accomplishments, and help motivate others to do the best that they can! Back story, I've turked since mid 2016 and I only regularly turked for about 6 months before taking a break from it. I got back into things this fall, and really started to buckle down starting in December. I used to struggle in the beginning to make a few bucks a day, and worked my way up to $10 a day, with the occasional $15-$20 day.

Fast forward to a month ago, I started to consistently make $15-$20 a day...and then worker happened. I took a break for a couple of week and a half or so with the holidays, etc. and when I came back, everything that I used (excluding HIT DataBase) had been updated for use with the worker site. I use this forum, MTurk Suite (for the additions it makes to the dashboard) and PandaCrazy to get my HITs. I browse the forum when I start my day, and add HITs to PC from the forum when people share them. The number of HITs in PC varies for me, but sometimes I end up with more than is efficient for actually catching them, so I trim it down or stop certain jobs. That's about the only method to my work day. I go for surveys, batches, pretty much anything that seems worth my time.

I'm now steadily making a little more each day than I did the previous day. Today's PE is $41.94. My goal, while probably ambitious given my current turking methods/habits, is to get myself up to $100 a day before too long. I would be alright if I made $40 a day consistently, but I would really like to make between $75 - $125 daily. Aside from playing music in a band (mostly weekend nights) MTurk is my sole income. I dedicate 8 hours a day to turking, give or take an hour, and I usually turk monday through friday.

I hope that this helps someone else see that where there is a will, there is most definitely a way. This community offers much more help than I have yet to take advantage of, and I will continue to improve my workflow, skills, and productivity as a result of Mturk Crowd! If I can more than double my pre-worker era PE while we're still in the slow-time, with a limited use of scripts, and only 5,200 approved HITs under my belt...I'm sure that you can find a way to make things work for you too!

Happy Turking to all, and thanks once again to everyone here at MTC for helping me make money at home where I'm happy! I've said it to friends and family, but I feel like I have a better group of co-workers in everyone here at MTC than I've had at any w-2 job I've held in the past.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
*Submits Reasoning_project with like 3 mins left on the timer*. They give plenty of time, one of these days I will learn.
The more time you have to do it the more likely it is you'll leave it til it almost expires before you're done. This should be one of the rules of turking.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm throwing this back at 55 after the hour.
it's basically screen capture/ vocal reviews, like userbob
not my thing
and even if it was, my microphone can barely perceive my voice, and sign language isn't an option

Title: youXtools Training HIT 2 | AcceptA
Requester: youXtools [A1GE3CBVBYTJ9T] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Participate in our study!
Requirements: None

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~30 mins., pretty tedious

Title: Probability estimation | AcceptA
Requester: Emmanouil Konstantinidis [A42I2NRCWUHDS] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $22.70] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $5.00
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Participate in an experiment in which you'll be asked to estimate probabilities. You can earn an additional $10 based on your performance.
Requirements: Participated DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your App Usage (~7 min) | Accept
Requester: K Quehl [A1KJ0T07NOWFZZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $31.62] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.93] [Fast: 4.25] [Comm: 2.33] [Fair: 4.00] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.75
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Share some information about your usage of mobile apps.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

she works for yahoo and usually deals with their fantasy sports section.
she pays well, and occasionally does other hits

Last edited:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
"Hi! We reviewed you work and found that you have done a really EXCEPTIONAL job, by far better than the vast majority of others who attempted it. You really understood the problem and did very well at following the guidelines and correcting computer's mistakes."

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
The more time you have to do it the more likely it is you'll leave it til it almost expires before you're done. This should be one of the rules of turking.
I had a professor who would say something like that. The time you use to complete a task expands to the time you're given to complete the task.

Reactions: Starslip

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"Hi! We reviewed you work and found that you have done a really EXCEPTIONAL job, by far better than the vast majority of others who attempted it. You really understood the problem and did very well at following the guidelines and correcting computer's mistakes."

My toddler is finding great joy in this gif.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If it turns out they sent that to everyone who did the HIT I'm going to be less flattered :p

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

GTR

Reaction score
on the 5ives if there was a script that would move the categories from under the image to the right side of it, that would be better and less scrolling. I did take ZSMturkers larger radio buttons and make them even larger, making it better for clicking, especially if you have bad vision :)

Reactions: Starslip

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
on the 5ives if there was a script that would move the categories from under the image to the right side of it, that would be better and less scrolling. I did take ZSMturkers larger radio buttons and make them even larger, making it better for clicking, especially if you have bad vision :)
Yeah, the submit button is juuuust below the frame so I have to scroll to get to it, little annoying

Reactions: GTR

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't log in and post as much as I should. But everyone is talking about PE tonight, and I've seen a lot of people seeming discouraged with the lack of work recently, on top of the worker site, etc. So I figured I would share my accomplishments, and help motivate others to do the best that they can! Back story, I've turked since mid 2016 and I only regularly turked for about 6 months before taking a break from it. I got back into things this fall, and really started to buckle down starting in December. I used to struggle in the beginning to make a few bucks a day, and worked my way up to $10 a day, with the occasional $15-$20 day.

Fast forward to a month ago, I started to consistently make $15-$20 a day...and then worker happened. I took a break for a couple of week and a half or so with the holidays, etc. and when I came back, everything that I used (excluding HIT DataBase) had been updated for use with the worker site. I use this forum, MTurk Suite (for the additions it makes to the dashboard) and PandaCrazy to get my HITs. I browse the forum when I start my day, and add HITs to PC from the forum when people share them. The number of HITs in PC varies for me, but sometimes I end up with more than is efficient for actually catching them, so I trim it down or stop certain jobs. That's about the only method to my work day. I go for surveys, batches, pretty much anything that seems worth my time.

I'm now steadily making a little more each day than I did the previous day. Today's PE is $41.94. My goal, while probably ambitious given my current turking methods/habits, is to get myself up to $100 a day before too long. I would be alright if I made $40 a day consistently, but I would really like to make between $75 - $125 daily. Aside from playing music in a band (mostly weekend nights) MTurk is my sole income. I dedicate 8 hours a day to turking, give or take an hour, and I usually turk monday through friday.

I hope that this helps someone else see that where there is a will, there is most definitely a way. This community offers much more help than I have yet to take advantage of, and I will continue to improve my workflow, skills, and productivity as a result of Mturk Crowd! If I can more than double my pre-worker era PE while we're still in the slow-time, with a limited use of scripts, and only 5,200 approved HITs under my belt...I'm sure that you can find a way to make things work for you too!

Happy Turking to all, and thanks once again to everyone here at MTC for helping me make money at home where I'm happy! I've said it to friends and family, but I feel like I have a better group of co-workers in everyone here at MTC than I've had at any w-2 job I've held in the past.
Keep at it and you'll get there man.

Status
Not open for further replies.