01/08 - Meat Loaf Monday!

Vote for Crowd Pleaser of the Year

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
So I really need some computer help if anyone is willing.

Forget just a virus scan. Do these things:

1) Get Malwarebytes if you don't already have it, and run a full scan. Before that, go to the Settings and allow it to also search for rootkits.

2) If that doesn't fix it (or find anything), find a website that deals with these regularly (BleepingComputer is one that I've seen pop up again and again), make an account, and post in the appropriate section with your problem. When someone (who is shown to be one of the resident problem solvers) tells you to do something (download this program, run, post results, etc), do that and wait for their next step/answer/confirmation that everything's fine. There's almost always some way of fixing these things that they know how to do, involving a variety of anti-virus/cleaning programs, and they know the right way to do it.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Opinion survey(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Miriam Zehnter [A3SIO3A4CBU2C] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: In this study we will ask your opinion on current issues.
Requirements: Exc: [1500284498-69695] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: WarmPotato

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't get captchas anymore since the site switch. Does that mean I have masters? :p

Reactions: jan

cassius

Reaction score
Forget just a virus scan. Do these things:

1) Get Malwarebytes if you don't already have it, and run a full scan. Before that, go to the Settings and allow it to also search for rootkits.

2) If that doesn't fix it (or find anything), find a website that deals with these regularly (BleepingComputer is one that I've seen pop up again and again), make an account, and post in the appropriate section with your problem. When someone (who is shown to be one of the resident problem solvers) tells you to do something (download this program, run, post results, etc), do that and wait for their next step/answer/confirmation that everything's fine. There's almost always some way of fixing these things that they know how to do, involving a variety of anti-virus/cleaning programs, and they know the right way to do it.
Don't download anything without checking it first on google. And then recheck it. If your computer won't work use your phone or something to check it. I've downloaded programs before even after checking and have had to call HP to straighten the arising problem out. That's why I continue to pay them for insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.