01/07 - Smooth Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypaperheart

I've got a hammer and a heart of glass <3
Reaction score
Thankies. I just have a very soft heart when it comes to animals. (Like, to the point that looking at pet adoption sites reduces me to tears because I can't adopt them all, which amuses my roommate to no end.)
Ugh, I feel the same way. We adopted a rescue puppy in November and I'm, like, attached to several of the other animals at the shelter now who we saw when we adopted Lily. They still haven't gotten adopted yet and I want to adopt them so bad. :'( I feel sorry for them. I check the adoption site every week to check on them and see if they got adopted (the shelter brings the dogs to PetSmart every weekend to try to adopt them out) and we bring Lily in every few weeks to visit her former foster dad and "siblings" (the other dogs he fosters) and the volunteers.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think you're the first Pope emeritus I've ever known. Usually they just ... leave office, dead.
The pope before Pope Francis, Cardinal Ratzinger (I swear I'm not making that name up) actually became pope emeritus. He was the first pope in 600 years to resign, and the first to do so on his own accord since Pope Celestine V. Celestine V got thrown in jail by his predecessor and then died there, because popes back then did all sorts of crazy stuff.
Popes can resign, it's just most of them have died in office and that became the tradition. And the Vatican is all about centuries of tradition.

Anyway, point is I once spent an entire day reading about popes on Wikipedia.

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ugh, I feel the same way. We adopted a rescue puppy in November and I'm, like, attached to several of the other animals at the shelter now who we saw when we adopted Lily. They still haven't gotten adopted yet and I want to adopt them so bad. :'( I feel sorry for them. I check the adoption site every week to check on them and see if they got adopted (the shelter brings the dogs to PetSmart every weekend to try to adopt them out) and we bring Lily in every few weeks to visit her former foster dad and "siblings" (the other dogs he fosters) and the volunteers.
Aw, I'm sorry. :( I'm glad you were able to rescue Lily, though! Does the shelter/foster post pics on social media or anything? Maybe sharing them will help one of your friends decide to rescue one/some of them?

I am seriously hoping that I can actually achieve my dream of having a few acres one day, so I can just open my own animal rescue. One where I probably end up keeping most/all of the animals and loving them forever..

Reactions: mypaperheart

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't mind me I am afk much today. Just trying to relax some and not clean my place. wow 30,000 new hits on the counter since I last looked, there must be something good to do right?

Hope all of you are enjoying the weekend.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
The pope before Pope Francis, Cardinal Ratzinger (I swear I'm not making that name up) actually became pope emeritus. He was the first pope in 600 years to resign, and the first to do so on his own accord since Pope Celestine V. Celestine V got thrown in jail by his predecessor and then died there, because popes back then did all sorts of crazy stuff.
Popes can resign, it's just most of them have died in office and that became the tradition. And the Vatican is all about centuries of tradition.

Anyway, point is I once spent an entire day reading about popes on Wikipedia.
Fascinating. ( No, really, it is. :) ) So now I'm going to have to look-up at least Cardinal Ratzinger. :)

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Don't mind me I am afk much today. Just trying to relax some and not clean my place. wow 30,000 new hits on the counter since I last looked, there must be something good to do right?

Hope all of you are enjoying the weekend.
Right there with you. I'm watching a Twlight marathon and trying to get the motivation to clean.

Reactions: optipfrog

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Complete a survey about social identity | PANDA
Requester: Kitty O'lone [AIAG6CCK2SYYW] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.54] [Fair: 4.43] [Comm: 4.33] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 18] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Respond to some questions about your attitudes towards your social identity.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.81
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.1.14

Status
Not open for further replies.