01/05 - Startling Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewupk

Reaction score
Desperate times

You've received a bonus from James Billings for work related to 34R0BODSP21VN23LRAZAB8NO2IB5EO.
The value of your bonus is: $0.13 USD

The Requester included this note:
Great job! Bonus for a survey complete

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I signed up for Testable Minds a couple months back and have NEVER gotten a study. Is this anybody else's experience?
I was one of the original ones that got the promotional $5 for signing up, and was actually able to withdraw once. (I think the threshold was $20?) An undisclosed 9% fee came out of my earnings that they blamed on Paypal, and shortly afterwards they started the obtrusive "identification verification" business, so I nope-d out.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Collect Yelp Ratings on Car Dealers | PANDA
Requester: Kirk Deming
Average Hourly Rate: NA
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 2602
Reward: $0.10
WOW. I was like you know, I'm just going to check in with this requester and be sure that we're on the same page...
I immediately, yes immediately got a response. I just thought, as a responsible human turker that cares about the quality of data that I should mention that yelp doesn't always have the same address as is listed in the HIT but that I was pretty sure they were the same business.
"That’s ok. If the dealer name and city/state match up, we should be fine. Some dealers have multiple addresses - physical location vs. mailing address, and so on. Yelp occasionally has bad info as well.
Thanks!
Kirk "
I then thought it would be nice to let them know what a nice requester they are for responding so quickly and so well and I got this right away...
"You’re way too kind, thanks! Least I can do when I’m asking for help, right?"
:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
Off to TO!

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
WOW. I was like you know, I'm just going to check in with this requester and be sure that we're on the same page...
I immediately, yes immediately got a response. I just thought, as a responsible human turker that cares about the quality of data that I should mention that yelp doesn't always have the same address as is listed in the HIT but that I was pretty sure they were the same business.
"That’s ok. If the dealer name and city/state match up, we should be fine. Some dealers have multiple addresses - physical location vs. mailing address, and so on. Yelp occasionally has bad info as well.
Thanks!
Kirk "
I then thought it would be nice to let them know what a nice requester they are for responding so quickly and so well and I got this right away...
"You’re way too kind, thanks! Least I can do when I’m asking for help, right?"
:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
Off to TO!
Did you put 0 as the number of reviews on Dealerships that didn't show up or did you return those hits? I returned them just to be safe x.x

Reactions: theturkscribe

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Developing a new questionnaire for female body perception | Accept
Requester: Robin Murphy [A33K7IBQ9WDSJB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 4:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete three brief questionnaires relating to body perception and control, and a short experimental task. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THIS SURVEY PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE AGAIN. IF YOU COMPLETE AGAIN YOU WILL NOT BE PAID.
Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Different. Not too long.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: thismegan

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No I did put 0 in the fields in submit because that was indeed the case that they had no reviews and no stars.
Yeah i figured it would of been alright, but i always just try to play it safe on here heh.

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Test andorid app | Accept
Requester: damodar [A37BCFNCABCLVY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 10:00
Available: 2
Description: Test android app
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
there you go all you android crowders i know there's a lot of ya. i hope it actually pays more than 1c?![/td][/tr]

Reactions: thismegan

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Quick Press Game(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Samuel Gershman [A1NLXULMPXG1OY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$22.08] [Pay=4.53] [Fast=4.90] [Comm=3.50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.16] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=4.44] [Fair=4.99] [Reviews=114] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.17] [Pen=0.47 days] [Res=50%] [Rec=95%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 2
Description: Play a game on the computer and win possible bonus money based on performance
Qualifications: Exc: [-541783945-122301] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [1755] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i figured it would of been alright, but i always just try to play it safe on here heh.
It's smart to play it safe.. I wasn't so cautious this last week and already got 2 rejections. Doesn't really affect my rating but still. I would've rather returned them now that I look back.

Reactions: cyberwasp

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
:wave2:

Going to Seattle next month for a work trip and then to an entirely different country the next month. All for a certification that I'm still confident I can't pass. Anyway, how is everyone today?
Seattle. Great town.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
:wave2:

Going to Seattle next month for a work trip and then to an entirely different country the next month. All for a certification that I'm still confident I can't pass. Anyway, how is everyone today?
You can do it Metallica! Wow that's a lot of travel. Didn't you just move?

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Seattle. Great town.
I'll admit I thought of you when mentioning that because I recall you bringing up Seattle before :wink:

I've yet to be there before, is there anything you would suggest seeing? I'll be there for a week.
You can do it Metallica! Wow that's a lot of travel. Didn't you just move?
I did! Haven't even been here a year yet. But travel was part of the job description so I cant complain too much. As I've gotten older I've had the urge to check out the world anyway, before that I was content just sitting around playing games all day. So it all works out :) oh, and it's nice to see you back here. You did leave for a bit, right? So I didnt just forget your existence? :p

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll admit I thought of you when mentioning that because I recall you bringing up Seattle before :wink:

I've yet to be there before, is there anything you would suggest seeing? I'll be there for a week.

I did! Haven't even been here a year yet. But travel was part of the job description so I cant complain too much. As I've gotten older I've had the urge to check out the world anyway, before that I was content just sitting around playing games all day. So it all works out :) oh, and it's nice to see you back here. You did leave for a bit, right? So I didnt just forget your existence? :p
Ha. No I've missed a few months. My Mom died in October and my Dad has Alzheimers so that's mostly what I've been doing. :grimacing:

Status
Not open for further replies.