Status
Not open for further replies.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
lol I don't really do batches. like 90% of my money comes from surveys
i think part of what amazon says about masters upfront is true, that you should try to do a large variety of HITs instead of just surveys. i always try to do good batches where i can.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i think part of what amazon says about masters upfront is true, that you should try to do a large variety of HITs instead of just surveys. i always try to do good batches where i can.
oh yeah I do batches when they pop up, but I'm really picky with them. I like the datacenter (datascience? idk) ones, and pretty much any classification ones. that's about it

Reactions: Binxybaby

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
so how much did you hampton roads people get with this big snowstorm? my parents and friends in williamsburg got about 8 inches! Kat8mouse @Kat8mouse savvy @savvylabell
I was in Norview / Norfolk and they “say” 9 inches but away from house and cars in the yard I’m measuring 13 ish. I haven’t been dug out yet lol. The girl relieving me of my dog sitting duties got here at 7- all big talk from Minnesota, and slid and got stuck in front of the house because the snow drifts are so big LOL

My step dad is coming with a real snow shovel. This 12 inch metal shovel is bullshit:

Also, work is closed through Sunday. Monday morning might even be difficult as it won’t get above 32* until 10am Monday and they won’t plow the secondaries.

Last edited:

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I was in Norview / Norfolk and they “say” 9 inches but away from house and cars in the yard I’m measuring 13 ish. I haven’t been dug out yet lol. The girl relieving me of my dog sitting duties got here at 7- all big talk from Minnesota, and slid and got stuck in front of the house because the snow drifts are so big LOL

My step dad is coming with a real snow shovel. This 12 inch metal shovel is bullshit:
LOL. i love hearing stories like this. we got snow a handful of times growing up there but it was usually 2 inches or less. seemed like they were always on the freezing rain line of storms and never got snow. when they really do get something, everything shuts down completely hahaha. meanwhile it was lightly snowing on my way to work this morning and everything carries on as normal here. i can't wait to hear from my parents next week when they are still stuck inside

savvy

Reaction score
LOL. i love hearing stories like this. we got snow a handful of times growing up there but it was usually 2 inches or less. seemed like they were always on the freezing rain line of storms and never got snow. when they really do get something, everything shuts down completely hahaha. meanwhile it was lightly snowing on my way to work this morning and everything carries on as normal here. i can't wait to hear from my parents next week when they are still stuck inside

Lol! The past 7 years we’ve had at least one “major” snowstorm of 8 inches or more. It’s definitely increasing in frequency.

savvy

Reaction score
My friend who lives in wisconsin, lives on a dead end gravel road and is the ONLY resident on it.

Her road gets plowed.

Massive neighborhood here? Don’t get plowed. Yay infrastructure.

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
so how much did you hampton roads people get with this big snowstorm? my parents and friends in williamsburg got about 8 inches! Kat8mouse @Kat8mouse savvy @savvylabell
About the same - 8 inches. My husband had to go to work today and his tires were spinning getting out onto our street. Luckily my work is closed again today so I won't have to venture out until Monday.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Lol! The past 7 years we’ve had at least one “major” snowstorm of 8 inches or more. It’s definitely increasing in frequency.
that's true. they have seen much more snow since i left for college than all of the 20 years before that!

Reactions: savvy

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I love snow stories. They fascinate me, probably because I've never experienced them. We had days off from school because of hurricanes instead of snow lol

Reactions: bxpretzel and savvy

Binxybaby

Reaction score
About the same - 8 inches. My husband had to go to work today and his tires were spinning getting out onto our street. Luckily my work is closed again today so I won't have to venture out until Monday.
If I ever moved anywhere where it snowed I would be TERRIFIED to drive in snow!

Reactions: Kat8mouse

savvy

Reaction score
I love snow stories. They fascinate me, probably because I've never experienced them. We had days off from school because of hurricanes instead of snow lol

Hey here we also get school/work off for hurricanes ! Lol yay coastal va!!

Reactions: Binxybaby

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Title: Product evaluation (please do not participate if you have done this survey before) | Accept
Requester: Hanyong Park [A2KF603GPMJG55] Contact
TO: [Pay: 1.25] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 4.00] [Reviews: 11] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $0.96] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.30
Duration: 20 hours
Available: 1
Description: You will share some of your experiences and perform product evaluation tasks.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Edit: Writing, I threw it back!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about items in your closet | Accept
Requester: Gretchen Wilroy [A2838D6FW15B6Y] Contact
TO: [Pay: 2.90] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 14] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.75
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: We are interested in how consumers make decisions. The survey will take 12-15 minutes to complete.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kat8mouse
Status
Not open for further replies.