Administrator
Reaction score

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah that sucked. I also got ripped off by this other requester that had you sign up for a time to play a game online face to face with another person where one person tries to describe something and another tries to guess what it is but the describer might be lying. It was $20 with a 6 bonus or something but the other person didnt show up but I DID show up on time and i even stayed online for 45 mins waiting for someone else to show up and he still rejected me and said i didnt show up ontime. Luckily i took pictures with the clock visible in the corner to prove i actually showed up on time but i have written him like 6 times and he wont respond back and i still have a rejection from him. Things like that were you can prove you actually did a HIT and still get rejected i wish there was a way we could complain to mturk about it.
You can complain, sort of. If you ever see the requester pop up again, you can go to the HIT and report it (bottom right on the HIT page). Probably won't amount to much but that is the way.

Reactions: kryss

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Reactions: Squatty and Jaded

ccmet121

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't even have a goal for this week. I am just letting whatever happens, happen.
Next week, I will go back to my goals.
It feels like I haven't had a decent week in about a month now.

Reactions: Squatty

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Product Marketing survey(~ 13 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.46] [Fair: 4.72] [Comm: 4.07] [Fast: 4.48] [Reviews: 243] [ToS: 24]
Description:
In this study, we will ask you a series of questions about your attitudes and reactions to several photographs and products.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 25
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [30378-29789] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.1.9
5min

Reactions: turkLion

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
You can complain, sort of. If you ever see the requester pop up again, you can go to the HIT and report it (bottom right on the HIT page). Probably won't amount to much but that is the way.
Have you ever seen those hit's that are scams that basically have you sign up at some other website and then it says the last sentence will be your code? think the titles are something like quick easy test out our website! It is always the exact same hit but it will show up with different names? I ALWAYS complain about those but it never really seems to do anything. Honestly mturk needs to have a "Town Hall Meeting" or something similar with all of us so we can list out these issues to them!! Or at least create a way for us to complain without getting back a generic automated response.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you ever seen those hit's that are scams that basically have you sign up at some other website and then it says the last sentence will be your code? think the titles are something like quick easy test out our website! It is always the exact same hit but it will show up with different names? I ALWAYS complain about those but it never really seems to do anything. Honestly mturk needs to have a "Town Hall Meeting" or something similar with all of us so we can list out these issues to them!! Or at least create a way for us to complain without getting back a generic automated response.
I think those change req names so often BECAUSE of reports and whatnot. They just seem to have a never-ending supply of requester names/accounts.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Help us find analogies in a set of inventions! | PANDA
Requester: Carnegie Mellon Social Computing Group [A33U9PH6TQL0KG] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.22 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.50 Generosity
★★★★ 4.25 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.68 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 130 | TOS Flags: 7
Submit a new TO review
Description: Read a product description and find another product description in our database that is analogous to it
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 11
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
not loading :(

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short Survey on Background and Preferences(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
(TO): [Pay: 3.46] [Fair: 4.72] [Comm: 4.07] [Fast: 4.48]
Description:
survey
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 12
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1884208307-29788] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US;
Title: Product Marketing survey(~ 13 minutes) | PANDA
(TO): [Pay: 3.46] [Fair: 4.72] [Comm: 4.07] [Fast: 4.48]
Description:
In this study, we will ask you a series of questions about your attitudes and reactions to several photographs and products.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 54
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [30378-29789] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;
About six minutes for both combined

Reactions: Jerami

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
it took 3 1/2 days and it was finding these codes for 5,000 companies. The guy said i sent him a blank cvs file and i was like...umm no you didnt put into your hit that i had to upload a cvs file at all, and it was an online doc that he had me working on so it was saving as i was editing it. He was like yeah well i got really mad because it was blank and this is my first time using mturk so i just deleted the hit and deleted my account so i cant even reverse the rejection or anything. I should have known better i guess.

oh.
my.
god.

Status
Not open for further replies.