Writer's Thread?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
HI writer thread. It's Mid-March, which means it's almost time for Camp NaNoWriMo.

That's all. Just thought I'd remind people.

Reactions: MerryLou

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
HI writer thread. It's Mid-March, which means it's almost time for Camp NaNoWriMo.

That's all. Just thought I'd remind people.
I was just talking to a coworker about this the other day. I run my local writing group during normal NaNo but I haven't decided if I want to do Camp as well. Would be good to get another 50,000 words hammered out on my novel that I started in November and I also have a business trip at the beginning of next month so I mean, I'll need something to do at the airport....

Reactions: MerryLou and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I was just talking to a coworker about this the other day. I run my local writing group during normal NaNo but I haven't decided if I want to do Camp as well. Would be good to get another 50,000 words hammered out on my novel that I started in November and I also have a business trip at the beginning of next month so I mean, I'll need something to do at the airport....
Do it!!

One thing I did like about Camp NaNo is you can set the goals a little lower than regular NaNo if you end up busy. (Or higher if you're not busy, that works too!)

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
Do it!!

One thing I did like about Camp NaNo is you can set the goals a little lower than regular NaNo if you end up busy. (Or higher if you're not busy, that works too!)
I'm all or nothing sometimes! I binge projects so NaNo has always been good to have a dedicated binge-writing month, since other months I'm binge drawing, or binge programming, binge reading... gaming... baking... I rotate through my hobbies in cycles haha

Reactions: MerryLou and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm all or nothing sometimes! I binge projects so NaNo has always been good to have a dedicated binge-writing month, since other months I'm binge drawing, or binge programming, binge reading... gaming... baking... I rotate through my hobbies in cycles haha
Well, if you have 12 hobbies, then you could binge one every month :o

'Normal' NaNo is usually my go hard month, and then I usually sort of aim for less than that in Camp months, lol!

Reactions: MerryLou

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
:yesyes:

Thiiiiiiiis

Though, I'm more of a quarterly binger. :wink:

Reactions: Jaded

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if you have 12 hobbies, then you could binge one every month :eek:

'Normal' NaNo is usually my go hard month, and then I usually sort of aim for less than that in Camp months, lol!
Hmmm, new life goal? Acquire more useless hobbies to binge work on? Drawing, writing, programming, gaming, reading... I guess I could take up the flute or crochet again but I don't want my neighbors to hate me and my husband banned me from buying any more yarn since I end up hoarding it hehe. Binge turking? Haha.
:yesyes:

Thiiiiiiiis

Though, I'm more of a quarterly binger. :wink:
My attention span is way too short for that!!

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread existed so I wanted to wave at everyone. I haven't done much new writing this year but the survivor challenge kind of reinspired me and I got some words in over the weekend.

Considering camp nano to see if I can kickstart my brain to write regularly again...

Reactions: sinon and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread existed so I wanted to wave at everyone. I haven't done much new writing this year but the survivor challenge kind of reinspired me and I got some words in over the weekend.

Considering camp nano to see if I can kickstart my brain to write regularly again...
Yay! Hi. :wave:

Reactions: jenaling

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
If you guys were ever interested in Aeon Timeline 2 for writing, they have it on sale right now. It's super helpful for plotting out books and keeping them in order.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/aeon-timeline-2-for-mac-windows-2
If you want an extra 10% off, put the code "MISSYOU10" into the promo field. (I'm not getting anything for this, I just saw it on another forum I venture on and thought it was a really good deal.) Usually it's $50 but with the promo code it comes down to like $20.70 :)

Sniickers

Reaction score
I used to write , I used to write a lot . I would even give poems as gifts . Life or someone else's version of life happened my creative edge must have leaked from my feet while I was sleeping . I forgot about my passions and got caught up in trying to survive instead of really "living":

Reactions: Jaded and jan

DorthyZbornak

Golden
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum, but it's writing related. April is National Poetry Month and this will be my 7th year writing something every single day this month. I used to write with my old college writing group and we would each give prompts for the day and respond, but life happened to many of them, so I keep on keepin' on. Anywho, I'm writing with you! (just fewer words, different form!)

Reactions: loki3404 and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello writer thread.

I have a 50% off scriv code if anyone wants it.

Reactions: sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of Scriviner... A member in a writing forum I'm subbed to shared this program that is similar to Scriviner but less complicated looking? It seems to have some other features and the interface is a bit nicer imo. For anyone who doesn't want to buy Scriviner for writing projects, check this out :)

It's called WriteWayPro: http://writewaypro.com/download.php

Free Registration
To use WriteWay free, you will still need to register your downloaded Demo version.

After installing WriteWay, select "Register WriteWay" from the File menu.

When the "WriteWay Registration" form appears, fill-in your name and email address in the fields provided and then always use the following license number: 432D5-A965A-1717B-C5886.

Now just click the "Register WriteWay" button and start using WriteWay.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted in here but found a neat spreadsheet for NaNoWriMo.

http://svenjaliv.com/nanowrimo-word-tracker-spreadsheets/

The link is below all the art and you can "purchase" the spreadsheet by simply putting a 0 in the amount bar. Then you will get the download links/info for it. It seems super useful and I think I am going to be adapting it to my writing process :)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted in here but found a neat spreadsheet for NaNoWriMo.

http://svenjaliv.com/nanowrimo-word-tracker-spreadsheets/

The link is below all the art and you can "purchase" the spreadsheet by simply putting a 0 in the amount bar. Then you will get the download links/info for it. It seems super useful and I think I am going to be adapting it to my writing process :)
Oh this is nifty, thanks!!

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh this is nifty, thanks!!
You're welcome :D
I especially love the extra tabs with the character/plot/chapters etc. Makes it kinda a universal tool for the stories/books.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
You're welcome :D
I especially love the extra tabs with the character/plot/chapters etc. Makes it kinda a universal tool for the stories/books.

I like that too. I just wish it would let me change the dates for like July or something. :eek:

I'm sure there's a way I just haven't poked at it much. Or they'll make another one for July.

edit: nvm it worked when I opened it in libre office