WORKER IS COMING! Discussion Mega Thread!

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Question about Hit Exporter. I have just MTC ticked:

Are all the options suppose to show when I try and export a HIT? And after I confirm the export, I have to click again to get the box to disappear. Is this working as intended?

Binxybaby

Reaction score
What happened to the bars where you put your daily and weekly goal and it told you how much more you had to go to get to it?

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
probably a dumb question where the answer is 'it depends', but how difficult is it to update scripts to work on the new site if one wanted to?

(*I'm not using MTS (yet?), just various other scripts that do things I like)

scripts that work in the HIT frame seem to be basically the same/are working fine.

some of the other scripts I use I don't expect the writers to update them, I'm down with DIY fixing, I just haven't looked into it much yet.

blah blah I'm probably just thinking out loud tbh

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Question about Hit Exporter. I have just MTC ticked:

Are all the options suppose to show when I try and export a HIT? And after I confirm the export, I have to click again to get the box to disappear. Is this working as intended?

It's intended as of now, but it will work like export does on worker when its up to speed.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
probably a dumb question where the answer is 'it depends', but how difficult is it to update scripts to work on the new site if one wanted to?

(*I'm not using MTS (yet?), just various other scripts that do things I like)

scripts that work in the HIT frame seem to be basically the same/are working fine.

some of the other scripts I use I don't expect the writers to update them, I'm down with DIY fixing, I just haven't looked into it much yet.

blah blah I'm probably just thinking out loud tbh
Its not so much as updating the scripts as it is completely rewriting them since worker and www share nothing in terms of DOM.

Wgeo

Reaction score
Is there a way to contact a requester on the new site when I haven't done a hit for them yet? I can only find the link for requesters that I've done work for, and they changed it so I can't just put in the requester ID I want. thx

cricketshay

Reaction score
Turking without a working data base is scaring me. I have a comfortable cushion for rejections, I just hate them. I was on a Mturk break when the change happened.

Reactions: SalvadorZombie

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm in need of a slightly better database than the new worker site provides and HitDB hasn't been updated yet (can't access date ranges anymore, for example)

I really need to know if there's any comparable tool that I can use to view earnings history by date range, because I need it for food stamps :(

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm in need of a slightly better database than the new worker site provides and HitDB hasn't been updated yet (can't access date ranges anymore, for example)

I really need to know if there's any comparable tool that I can use to view earnings history by date range, because I need it for food stamps :(
MTS has a database in it. hit tracker and then hit history.

Reactions: Kessikitty

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
MTS has a database in it. hit tracker and then hit history.
Oh thank goodness. Bless. Got a little panicky cus normally they ask first when they need new financial info, and then didn't, and now things are going to be delayed.

Reactions: Jaded

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
People have also used Amazon Payments for this kind of purpose. If you go to your Amazon Payments account, you can view your account by month and there's an option somewhere to print a PDF. It comes out looking like a monthly bank statement and shows how much you earned.

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
People have also used Amazon Payments for this kind of purpose. If you go to your Amazon Payments account, you can view your account by month and there's an option somewhere to print a PDF. It comes out looking like a monthly bank statement and shows how much you earned.
Thank you! They usually bitch either way and I've tried that before, but maybe with both they'll shut up? :p

Reactions: Jaded