WORKER IS COMING! Discussion Mega Thread!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
In case you haven't heard yet, Amazon has a new design for MTurk. Any worker who joined on or after November 1 already has this new design. Currently, the new design is optional for workers who joined on or before October 31. Starting December 15, everyone will have only the new design available and the old design will not be available.

The URL for the new design is at: worker.mturk.com.
(Because of the URL, we're calling this the "worker website" or the "worker change".)

:star: Frequently asked questions:

:star: Other important information:

• Homepage: Before December 15, other changes will happen including a new MTurk website. Right now, you can type www.mturk.com and if you're logged in, you're brought to the main HITs page. After the new MTurk website change is made, typing that URL will bring you to an informational page about MTurk rather than a HIT page. You'll have to navigate to the HITs page to find HITs. More information on this here: Some New Changes to the MTurk Website. Update: this change has now happened.
  • Other pages: Please keep in mind that December 15 is when the change to the new HITs page will happen. Some other pages (for example, daily Status Detail pages and the Transfer Earnings page) may still look like the old site design for awhile. They will all be updated in the future to match the design of the new site.
  • Scripts: For information about which scripts will work, which won't work, and what you need to do to update your scripts, head over to this thread: MTurk Worker Userscripts. Jump directly to some updates as of December 16 here.
  • You can leave a memorial message for the old site over here.
  • Please post below with any and all questions, discussions, thoughts, help, suggestions for other workers, tips and tricks you discover, or anything else you want to share about these changes.

Last edited:

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
ive seen the orange circle. had no idea what it was doing though

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone's able to grab a screen cap or GIF or anything of the orange circle dealy that's happening, I'd be interested in seeing it. I can't seem to make it happen on my end (but I haven't done many HITs over on the new site yet).

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
If anyone's able to grab a screen cap or GIF or anything of the orange circle dealy that's happening, I'd be interested in seeing it. I can't seem to make it happen on my end (but I haven't done many HITs over on the new site yet).
i'll record myself working with obs fora bit today see if I can replicate it again. It is a brief flash with a huge orange circle in the hit window.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: scout

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
crappy kindle recording!. but you can see it just flashes really quick. a proper screencast will do a better job. the circle is even bigger/more prominent when you're working on a batch from the queue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h15yfknpa74f3t/VID_20171206_081313.mp4?dl=0
Yea, this is exactly what I get. I haven't had any fast batches today that would trigger this, if customer interest or something posts today I will work on them in an incognito browser & record. I was getting it in firefox (before quantum) without scripts before.