Where have all the hits gone?

MyWorldtwo

Reaction score
Hi,
Did I miss a notice or something? I have been doing MT since 2017. I set my limits to hits I'm qualified for, and usually at a minimum of 35 cents. Suddenly I am finding only bunches of Noah Turk hits which for some reason never load for me and a few other random hits. I was not doing a large amount of hits each day...maybe 5-15, but for the last 3 weeks or so, if lucky, I might find 1 or 2 that I can do. I go multiple days in a row with no workable hits. Anyone know what is going on?
Thanks so much

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hi,
Did I miss a notice or something? I have been doing MT since 2017. I set my limits to hits I'm qualified for, and usually at a minimum of 35 cents. Suddenly I am finding only bunches of Noah Turk hits which for some reason never load for me and a few other random hits. I was not doing a large amount of hits each day...maybe 5-15, but for the last 3 weeks or so, if lucky, I might find 1 or 2 that I can do. I go multiple days in a row with no workable hits. Anyone know what is going on?
Thanks so much
This is generally the slowest time of the year on MTurk. Things usually slow down around the holidays and don't really start to pick up again till maybe mid-late January.

MyWorldtwo

Reaction score
This is generally the slowest time of the year on MTurk. Things usually slow down around the holidays and don't really start to pick up again till maybe mid-late January.
Thanks for responding. I have never seen things go this slowly but I shall be patient.

JCIII

Reaction score
Also you may want to adjust the min down from 35 cents. I find plenty of hits that pay less but have nice multi dollar bonuses attached.

Reactions: 3xCrazy

charlie

Reaction score
Noah hits have always been problematic. It's not just you. Trust me. Back around 2018-2019, the Noah group was always very responsive when there were issues with their batches. Last couple years, not a single response. Their hits are all hosted on an AWS platform that is severely underpowered for the beating taken from the hits themselves and the load from all of us trying to work the hits. It takes nothing at all to increase the resources on a cloud server but they won't budge so we're stuck with mostly non working Noahs.

I agree on the minimum. I have mine set to 10 cents and that has always helped.

As for the lack of hits, this time of year it's because schools aren't in session and winter breaks aren't always including courses. This week has been a little better but I suspect starting next week we'll see an increase in surveys from grad schools.