When I submit completed work . . . .

MRob

Reaction score
When I submit completed work, I am not getting the "work has been done" screen - or whatever the wording is. In fact, when I click submit, it takes me back to the sign in screen on a couple of the hits I've done. Other screens just freeze up.

1) I have registered all the way, including my bank account.
2) I'm on Chrome.
3) I clear my browser once a week
4) I am sticking to the easy stuff, like receipts.
5) I was accepted yesterday and have done at least 5 hits yesterday and 5-6 today.
6) I click on the requestor's blue submit button

Please help! There's a very sweet lady from the Facebook MTurk group that tried to help me; but I'm still not getting the work has been accepted screen.

Reactions: Serial Mom

jan

Reaction score
When I submit completed work, I am not getting the "work has been done" screen - or whatever the wording is. In fact, when I click submit, it takes me back to the sign in screen on a couple of the hits I've done. Other screens just freeze up.

1) I have registered all the way, including my bank account.
2) I'm on Chrome.
3) I clear my browser once a week
4) I am sticking to the easy stuff, like receipts.
5) I was accepted yesterday and have done at least 5 hits yesterday and 5-6 today.
6) I click on the requestor's blue submit button

Please help! There's a very sweet lady from the Facebook MTurk group that tried to help me; but I'm still not getting the work has been accepted screen.
How many HITS have you done? You can't do more than 100 HITS on your first 10 days

MRob

Reaction score
How many HITS have you done? You can't do more than 100 HITS on your first 10 days
Jan, I did 5 Hits on Friday night. I did 5-6 hits on Saturday. Because it's not showing that I've done them on the Dashboard, I'm trying to get the problem corrected before I try to do 100. What's weird is that I'll click on what that I've done previously and it will tell me I've done it - but it doesn't show on the dashboard.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I could help but I will tag the @Mentor and maybe one of them have seen the issue and help you try to resolve it.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using Panda Crazy or any other scripts? Are you working on the new worker site or the old one?

Reactions: SweetiePuff

MRob

Reaction score
Are you using Panda Crazy or any other scripts? Are you working on the new worker site or the old one?
I've tried both sites. I had scripts on but then I deleted it, thinking it was part of the problem.

This morning, when I was looking at my account settings, I noticed that they are still verifying my bank account information - could it be that?

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
I've tried both sites. I had scripts on but then I deleted it, thinking it was part of the problem.
Sometimes when I'm on both the old and new worker site and running Panda Crazy, it gets a little jumbled and I'll have to 're-do' about three hits I know I've already done, when I get in a page request error loop. I do know that the actual number I've done show on the dash board, not counting the "re-do" hits.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. Well if it tends to happen on PC as it does with Serial Mom, what I would try myself would be to install MturkSuite just to see if it still happens. If so then we could try troubleshooting something else.

jan

Reaction score

This morning, when I was looking at my account settings, I noticed that they are still verifying my bank account information - could it be that?
maybe. Have you completed ANY hits?

MRob

Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm on both the old and new worker site and running Panda Crazy, it gets a little jumbled and I'll have to 're-do' about three hits I know I've already done, when I get in a page request error loop. I do know that the actual number I've done show on the dash board, not counting the "re-do" hits.
Nothing is showing on my dashboard -

MRob

Reaction score
Jan, yes - I've gone back to a couple that I've done and they state that I've completed them but they don't show up on the dashboard. I took a photo but can't seem to insert it into this discussion. I also have a photo of my dashboard.

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
Jan, yes - I've gone back to a couple that I've done and they state that I've completed them but they don't show up on the dashboard. I took a photo but can't seem to insert it into this discussion. I also have a photo of my dashboard.
Try uploading the photo to a hosting site, like imgur, then pasting the link here. It might help for us to see what it is your dashboard is showing/not showing

jan

Reaction score
if you take the pic. don't forget to scribble over your mturk ID and personal stuff :)

MRob

Reaction score
https://imgur.com/J3O1NP9 this one tells me I've done the work
https://imgur.com/D553lIt this is the dashboard showing zero submitted
https://imgur.com/b0JV620 I installed MTurk Suite and completed one
https://imgur.com/ijPadHI Here's what MTurk Suite shows

The issue is that I'm doing the work. It's showing that I'm doing the work and completing them when you click on the Hit - it tells you I've done it. But for some reason, it's not showing that I've completed the work on the dashboard or on the MTurk Suite. I wonder if I should contact Amazon and see if its a technical issue ?

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
https://imgur.com/J3O1NP9 this one tells me I've done the work
https://imgur.com/D553lIt this is the dashboard showing zero submitted
https://imgur.com/b0JV620 I installed MTurk Suite and completed one
https://imgur.com/ijPadHI Here's what MTurk Suite shows

The issue is that I'm doing the work. It's showing that I'm doing the work and completing them when you click on the Hit - it tells you I've done it. But for some reason, it's not showing that I've completed the work on the dashboard or on the MTurk Suite. I wonder if I should contact Amazon and see if its a technical issue ?
Oh, I see. It says:
You have already completed the maximum number of hits allowed by this requester. It's a 'soft' block or you simply can't do any more hits for the requester on that batch.

who is the requester?

MRob

Reaction score
Oh, I see. It says:
You have already completed the maximum number of hits allowed by this requester. It's a 'soft' block or you simply can't do any more hits for the requester on that batch.

who is the requester?
Jan, it's not just this requester. it's every single one I've done. I'm trying to decide if maybe it's a browser issue - like is my browsing causing the work not to be submitted, or a technical issue on MTurk's side that they will need to fix. I've sent Amazon Turk a BUNCH of screenshots now. I promise when it gets resolved I will let everyone know. PS - My bank information was approved - so that's not the hold up.

I'm one of these people that just want things to run like they are supposed to and don't like "technical difficulties" - lol !

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Well, if any of the @Staff appear (and they will), perhaps they can help. :)

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
A friend of mine once got that looping error (where you submit a HIT and it seems like it completed the submission process but then shows the login/front page of mturk in the window). It was a problem with her browser setup. Do standard browser maintenance:

-Clear your browsers' caches (I would also delete cookies but that's just me)
-Disable all extensions in the browser including Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey as applicable
-Restart your computer
-Test by doing ONE HIT, check dashboard that it was completed successfully.

Assuming that works, then you may slowly add back extensions etc. and go from there. Good luck.

Reactions: TSolo315 and Jaded

MRob

Reaction score
Ok y'all. I somehow figured it out. I'm not really sure what I did, but on Firefox, I added the mturk website to it's list of websites allowed to have extensions. On my Chrome, I deleted the Swagbucks button from the browser page. I then shut my computer down, gave it a good ten minutes to reassess its life goals and when I signed back on, I tried one more time in Firefox and Chrome and they both worked!! I appreciate everyone's help and patience with me. I wish I had written down how I "fixed" it, so if someone else ever ran into the problem there would be notes.