What am I doing wrong?

nogak

Reaction score
Hello,

I have only been on mturk for 2 weeks. I have done several task and I haven't seen any results. My dashboard is at all 0's. My status says I haven't submitted any HITs. I finished the task in the alotted time and the screen will go blank, with only the "return" box in the corner of the screen. I don't click on the "return" button because I've heard that is a bad thing to do. I've done surveys and submitted my worker ID number and nothing.

I've have read the first 1000 clicks and how to start with mturk post, but I'm still a confused newbie :)

Thanks for any advise.

Reactions: kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Hello,

I have only been on mturk for 2 weeks. I have done several task and I haven't seen any results. My dashboard is at all 0's. My status says I haven't submitted any HITs. I finished the task in the alotted time and the screen will go blank, with only the "return" box in the corner of the screen. I don't click on the "return" button because I've heard that is a bad thing to do. I've done surveys and submitted my worker ID number and nothing.

I've have read the first 1000 clicks and how to start with mturk post, but I'm still a confused newbie :)

Thanks for any advise.
Are you saying that your dashboard is showing that you haven't submitted any HITs at all?

nogak

Reaction score
yes, submitted 0
approved 0
rejected 0
pending 0

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Are you running any scripts at all?

Edit: If so, try turning them all off and then refresh your dashboard. If it looks normal again and shows your hits completed like it should, try turning scripts on one at a time to figure out which one may be the issue.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what might be the problem.

Last edited:

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
If you are using chrome, maybe switch to another browser and see if that changes anything. Make sure you are using the latest version of the browser.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for any advise.
Have you set up an amazon payments account? As in you have access to the site and are able to preview hits but it doesn't let you accept them, only preview?

nogak

Reaction score
Have you set up an amazon payments account? As in you have access to the site and are able to preview hits but it doesn't let you accept them, only preview?
Yes I have a direct deposit acct. set up for payments. I will preview and accept the hits, go all the way through the task and when I submit it, the page goes blank except for the return button on the bottom of the page, which I don't click. Then I go to the top and click the Amazon Turk logo and go back to the hits I'm qual for. I do have Turkopticon, but that is it. Should I delete it and start over in Firefox?

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Yes I have a direct deposit acct. set up for payments. I will preview and accept the hits, go all the way through the task and when I submit it, the page goes blank except for the return button on the bottom of the page, which I don't click. Then I go to the top and click the Amazon Turk logo and go back to the hits I'm qual for. I do have Turkopticon, but that is it. Should I delete it and start over in Firefox?
I'm really not sure switching to FF would do, you can try? You might want try emailing amazon? When you submit hit, make sure you that hit still isn't in your queue.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds like a script or something is messing up your hit and when it goes blank it's not submitting, so when you go to another page it's just expiring in your queue.

Is this all requesters or just one?

Did you try different browsers or to turn all your scripts off?

nogak

Reaction score
It sounds like a script or something is messing up your hit and when it goes blank it's not submitting, so when you go to another page it's just expiring in your queue.

Is this all requesters or just one?

Did you try different browsers or to turn all your scripts off?
It happens with every requester. I'm afraid I'm going to get booted from mturk if this keeps happening. I deleted Turkopticon and open mturk in Explorer and the same thing is going on. How can I see my approval rating?

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
It happens with every requester. I'm afraid I'm going to get booted from mturk if this keeps happening. I deleted Turkopticon and open mturk in Explorer and the same thing is going on. How can I see my approval rating?
Could you possibly take some screen shows of your Dashboard and your Mturk search page, make sure you omit your name though.

nogak

Reaction score
Could you possibly take some screen shows of your Dashboard and your Mturk search page, make sure you omit your name though.
How do I find the Mtruk search page?

nogak

Reaction score

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I guess deleting turkopticon and opening it up in Explorer must have done something, cuz I'm finally seeing what I've done today on my dashboard. I opened it in Chrome in I can see everything fine. What other scripts do you suggest I download? Thanks to everyone for their wonderful advice!!
It would probably be good to start with mturk suite and go from there on an as needed basis. Check out the daily thread, there's a lot of helpful members that are active there all day.