Well, hello there.

atomicminotaur

Reaction score
First off, I'm new to the forum scene when it comes to turking. I've lurked on a bunch of them the past couple weeks, because I'm learning how to get better at it (and, thus, better manage time and hourly wage). This one seems to be the one I keep coming back to, so, I'm done lurking. :)

I'm hoping for this to be fun, friendly, and educational.

A little about me: I'm a 30something guy from the Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY. I've been self-employed, more or less, since 2002 selling antiques, collectibles, and stuff on eBay. I am a third generation dealer. My father had an antique store, and my grandmother had one before him. In my free time, I like learning new things and being creative. Currently I'm getting into sewing and web development/programming. We'll see how they pan out. I received a B.A. in English/Creative Writing in 2012, but I have yet done anything of note. I also like to fish, walk/hike, and read.

I've been a worker on MTurk since 2011, but I've never taken it seriously. I'm ready to change that, especially since my business is on a downturn. Every little bit helps. So, I have tons of questions, and will need to find the right time/place to ask them.

Last edited:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

P.S. if you leave the text as it's default color it's much easier for pepole who use the dark themes to read :) (your black text is nearly invisible on my black background)

atomicminotaur

Reaction score
Ohhh, sorry, didn't realize!

edit: BTW, black was the default for me? And I can't make an avatar work at all, bahaha.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
If you just type using the default it will show up the correct color for other users depending on their chosen theme. Like, the default text is light grey for me but shows black for you.

It's likely that your image is too big to upload. Have you tried a smaller image?

Reactions: Pleco

atomicminotaur

Reaction score
If you just type using the default it will show up the correct color for other users depending on their chosen theme. Like, the default text is light grey for me but shows black for you.

It's likely that your image is too big to upload. Have you tried a smaller image?
How odd, as I didn't actively change the color of my text until I turned it red in my second post? As far as the avatar goes, it's 100x100 and less than 10kb in .gif format.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
How odd, as I didn't actively change the color of my text until I turned it red in my second post? As far as the avatar goes, it's 100x100 and less than 10kb in .gif format.
In that case with the avatar, you may need some help beyond me. I'll tag an administrator and hopefully she can offer some help. kryss @kryssyy

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
First off, I'm new to the forum scene when it comes to turking. I've lurked on a bunch of them the past couple weeks, because I'm learning how to get better at it (and, thus, better manage time and hourly wage). This one seems to be the one I keep coming back to, so, I'm done lurking. :)

I'm hoping for this to be fun, friendly, and educational.

A little about me: I'm a 30something guy from the Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY. I've been self-employed, more or less, since 2002 selling antiques, collectibles, and stuff on eBay. I am a third generation dealer. My father had an antique store, and my grandmother had one before him. In my free time, I like learning new things and being creative. Currently I'm getting into sewing and web development/programming. We'll see how they pan out. I received a B.A. in English/Creative Writing in 2012, but I have yet done anything of note. I also like to fish, walk/hike, and read.

I've been a worker on MTurk since 2011, but I've never taken it seriously. I'm ready to change that, especially since my business is on a downturn. Every little bit helps. So, I have tons of questions, and will need to find the right time/place to ask them.
Welcome to MTC! :aikon:

Reactions: atomicminotaur