Weeding out HITs that don't apply to me

PoweredByLinux

Reaction score
Is there a way via MTurk itself to weed out HITs that don't apply to me? Its very limited filter allows me to list 'only HITs I'm qualified for,' but that doesn't take into account factors like my age, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Have I missed a step? Are there profile surveys I should have filled out? I don't like wasting time viewing a HIT that I'm supposedly qualified for, only to find that its age range is 18-25...and I'm WAY past that! Or that it's only for LGBTQ+ people, or people who use tobacco, etc. I'd like to not even see those HITs in the first place. If there are profile surveys somewhere, could someone kindly point me to them?

jan

Reaction score
Is there a way via MTurk itself to weed out HITs that don't apply to me? Its very limited filter allows me to list 'only HITs I'm qualified for,' but that doesn't take into account factors like my age, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Have I missed a step? Are there profile surveys I should have filled out? I don't like wasting time viewing a HIT that I'm supposedly qualified for, only to find that its age range is 18-25...and I'm WAY past that! Or that it's only for LGBTQ+ people, or people who use tobacco, etc. I'd like to not even see those HITs in the first place. If there are profile surveys somewhere, could someone kindly point me to them?
mturk does have the ability to prescreen a few demographics -
but not much. And not all requesters use that function when they design their hit.
So, no. There isn't much you can do.

Reactions: PoweredByLinux

PoweredByLinux

Reaction score
mturk does have the ability to prescreen a few demographics -
but not much. And not all requesters use that function when they design their hit.
So, no. There isn't much you can do.
Okay, then I'll learn to live with it. I was hoping for a better answer, but it is what it is, right? Thanks for your help!

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
Okay, then I'll learn to live with it. I was hoping for a better answer, but it is what it is, right? Thanks for your help!
mturk is a slowly dying platform (dying from neglect). So, diversify! It used to have a lot of activity and $. Now, not much at all. And the summer is coming.......