Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Using MTurk Suite Tools

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Daisy's Mom, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Daisy's Mom

Daisy's Mom
    Expand Collapse

Hi everybody!

I've been turking for 5 months now - 6K hits as of today, 99.8 rating. For someone who isn't really computer proficient, I've somehow managed to keep myself out of trouble! But I know I work too hard for too little.

As confusing as all the videos on scripts have been to me, I finally took a deep breath and downloaded MTurk Suite this week for Firefox. (Not a fan of Chrome or Google.) I now understand why all the videos on scripts were confusing - a lot of them are from before the big changes on MTurk. But I can't find anything on how to use HitFinder and HitTracker. I've tried reading instructions, but it's not sinking in at all. I can't even figure out how block a requester.

My MTurk page comes up, with all the lovely info about each requester when I hover over the red/gray or green icon, and it's keeping track of how much I make each day at the top of the page, but that's about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a good video to watch about getting HitFinder and HitTracker to work?
    HitFinder is scanning ok, but nothing is coming up at all.

Thanks SO much - I really appreciate it! Hope everyone in the US is having a terrific 4th!

#1 Daisy's Mom, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  2. Achilles2357

Achilles2357
    Expand Collapse

This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but I think it is the only thing amounting to any sort of official documentation on MTS:
    https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite/wiki

There is also a dedicated MTS thread here:
    https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mturk-suite-thread.2074/

I don't know of any videos myself. One thing you can do is play around with the different settings in MTS, and also pay attention to the "hover over/tooltip" boxes.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Daisy's Mom

Daisy's Mom
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! I'll spend some time there reading today - much appreciated!
    DM

4. Daisy's Mom

Daisy's Mom
    Expand Collapse

For anyone interested, I figured out why MTS wasn't working on Firefox for me. It will not work if you are browsing
    Incognito! When I went to a regular page with no cloaking, it came up just fine and starting running.
    Thanks for your thoughts, everybody!

#4 Daisy's Mom, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018