Userscript Advice

teesa25

Reaction score
Hello. A strategy question.

After reading on this forum I've got Turkmaster, MTS, and Panda Crazy up and running. They are working, but I am still missing lots of good value hits that I am not fast enough to snag. I only do survey hits btw. I have Turkmaster set to 2 seconds, MTS to 1000 (1 sec) and Panda Crazy, the first cycler is 650 (not sure what to do with the other two). This is the best I can get without running into too many refresh rate errors.

How are people still beating me out? Is there some way to automatically snag hits keyword "survey" without racing to click in time? I know how to set it to snag one requester or one certain survey hit, but this does me not much good as there are often only one hit in the batch.

Thank you!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hello. A strategy question.

After reading on this forum I've got Turkmaster, MTS, and Panda Crazy up and running. They are working, but I am still missing lots of good value hits that I am not fast enough to snag. I only do survey hits btw. I have Turkmaster set to 2 seconds, MTS to 1000 (1 sec) and Panda Crazy, the first cycler is 650 (not sure what to do with the other two). This is the best I can get without running into too many refresh rate errors.

How are people still beating me out? Is there some way to automatically snag hits keyword "survey" without racing to click in time? I know how to set it to snag one requester or one certain survey hit, but this does me not much good as there are often only one hit in the batch.

Thank you!
I'm not sure what you mean by MTS, as MTS contains multiple tools, but if you're referring to MTS' HIT Catcher, then all three of those pretty much do the same thing, so you could just use one of them. I think using all three together is just asking for page request errors. Personally, I'd stick with Panda Crazy because I think it's a little more flexible than the others, but that's just my preference.

I wouldn't go below 1 second refreshes though, at least for general use. Even at 1 second refresh, you're probably only going to be able to run maybe a few pandas at a time before you start having problems, especially if you have other things like HIT Finder going at the same time. You might be able to go 800-900 ms if you're desperate for something and only one to run the one panda, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee success.

Unfortunately, there's just a lot more workers on mturk than there are good HITs. Everyone is competing for the same stuff, so good HITs will always go fast. I'm sure people have made scripts that will grab anything automatically like you suggest, but anyone that makes something like that isn't going to release it to the public (and rightfully so, it would be irresponsible.) That's something that you would have to make yourself. But even still, you're going to miss stuff. Probably a lot. That's one of the biggest drawbacks of depending on surveys alone to make money, just because there are so few in each batch (often just one, like you said).