Two Truths and a Lie

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
...I really want 1 to be true, because it's just so funny to imagine.

So 2.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
...I really want 1 to be true, because it's just so funny to imagine.

So 2.
NOOOOOOOOOOO. HOWEVER, #1 is true, it just didn't happen to me.

SINCE NO ONE GUESSED, SOMEONE ELSE GO.

MisterEgo

Mischief Maker
Contributor
Reaction score
Here we go:

1. I went to school for two years studying to be a baptist preacher before becoming a militant atheist.
2. I did the dirty in the southern baptist church that I grew up attending.
3. I proposed to my first girlfriend with a ring out of a cracker jack box.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Hahaha...

Alright. The author was Terry Goodkind (He wrote the Sword of Truth Series... they are moderately popular fantasy novels. They briefly had this god-awful TV show on ABC called "Legend of the Seeker")

I used to hang out on Prophets Inc, which was the "Official" website for the series. Goodkind wasn't particularly computer-oriented, but friends of his ran the site and he would keep up with what was posted on there and would respond indirectly from time to time via the administrative staff- basically if there was any content that he really didn't like, he'd ask the admins to remove it and send a private message about why it wasn't the sort of thing that belonged on the site.

At one point, a bunch of people were talking about various characters and stuff, and someone went off about how great the main female character in the series was. I responded that she wasn't that great... she was poorly developed, kind of unlikable, and EXCEPTIONALLY whiny. I finished it by calling her a "Whiny, obnoxious bitch."

A few hours later, my post had vanished, and I had a private message in my in box from one of the administrators. Apparently Goodkind had read the post and found it offensive, and had the admins remove it and issue me a warning. He was also DEMANDING A FORMAL APOLOGY before I was allowed to post on the site any more. Years later a friend asked about it at a meet and greet, and he admitted that he was "really defensive over that kind of stuff" and didn't think it was appropriate for people to "Insult his characters on his own forum" and expected apologies from people when they were "Really disrespectful".
You are my new favorite person. (And that show was so far beyond god-awful) And goodkind's writing really went to shit near the end of SoT series.

I don't have any truth's or lies. I just wanted to say this.

MisterEgo

Mischief Maker
Contributor
Reaction score
This is the lie.
Correct. The ring was actually won out of a tin of red hot mints that I got at Belk (it's a relatively high end department store in the South). It was black friday, and many of the stores in the shopping mall were giving away packaged snacks with prizes in them. We'd already been to JC Penny, where I did get a package of cracker jacks that the prize was minimal in, and I'd stuffed them in my pocket. When I opened the mints and saw that I'd won a diamond ring valued at like.. 500 bucks I think? I danced a jig and made it rain crackerjacks. I did propose to my girlfriend at the time, and she said yes, but that relationship (quite thankfully in retrospect) went belly up.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
  • I introduced myself to the man that would become my husband because I overheard him talking about weed in the parking lot of a coffee shop.
  • We only had one bathroom that could be used in our house when I was growing up because the other one was dedicated to pot growing.
  • Of my top four favourite bands, I've only ever seen one of them perform live.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
  • I introduced myself to the man that would become my husband because I overheard him talking about weed in the parking lot of a coffee shop.
  • We only had one bathroom that could be used in our house when I was growing up because the other one was dedicated to pot growing.
  • Of my top four favourite bands, I've only ever seen one of them perform live.
I think the red one is the lie.
I'm guessing you've seen all of your top 4 bands, live.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the red one is the lie.
I'm guessing you've seen all of your top 4 bands, live.
Not all four, but two. You are correct, sir!

(Someday I will get to see Magnetic Fields and Clutch. Beastie Boys and Pixies put on great shows, though.)

YOUR TURN!

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not all four, but two. You are correct, sir!

(Someday I will get to see Magnetic Fields and Clutch. Beastie Boys and Pixies put on great shows, though.)

YOUR TURN!
What!? I didn't know that I'd have to go!

Here goes...

• I've had lunch with Stephen King, author of the "Dark Tower" series, over 50 times.
  • I played backup guitar with Metallica for 2 shows, in 1998, when James Hetfield burned his hands badly in a pyrotechnics accident.
  • The first girl I ever kissed is now a famous actress named Liv Tyler.

Good luck. :p

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I shouldn't guess... But I have to say 3, because no one is cool enough to play music their first time, and therfore uncool enough to have their mom walk in on them.

Aw damn Kitty beat me
I'm sorry I'm late to mention but, I thought EVERYONE put on music their first time. 2 reasons; To hide the sound from her parents and because music is good for making out and one thing leads to another. My 2 cents.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score

Here goes...

• I've had lunch with Stephen King, author of the "Dark Tower" series, over 50 times.
  • I played backup guitar with Metallica for 2 shows, in 1998, when James Hetfield burned his hands badly in a pyrotechnics accident.

... I don't have a guess, but suddenly, you're the most interesting person on the forum by a long shot.

Reactions: Jerami and essjay

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
... I don't have a guess, but suddenly, you're the most interesting person on the forum by a long shot.
Lol. I don't think any of them(my statements) are very impressive.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score

Here goes...

YOU CHANGED THE ORDER. Since I'm choosing to believe that it's because you didn't want your third option to be the lie, like mine was before yours...I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
YOU CHANGED THE ORDER. Since I'm choosing to believe that it's because you didn't want your third option to be the lie, like mine was before yours...I'm calling bullshit on this one.
You win. Yay!
I can't play guitar. :p

I may as well explain before everyone asks.

Stephen King is the cousin of my first 'real' girlfriend, in high school. He took her to lunch every Sunday at his daughter's restaurant in Portland, ME. We dated for 3 years and I went with her most times.

Liv Tyler was best friends with my first 'puppy love' girlfriend named, Sarah. Sarah and I didn't even dare to kiss. My friend Jason was really into Sarah. One day her friend Liv, who was not the super hot woman she is today, was visiting and I thought she was very cute. I convinced my friend Jason to ask Sarah out so that I could ditch her and 'go out' with Liv. It was a whirlwind romance that lasted 3 hours. we kissed twice and I touched a boob. Her last name wasn't Tyler at the time. She went to a private school right down the road from my house. She was also unaware of her, or her father's, fame because she lived with her mother, Bebe Buell, also in Portland, ME.

Also, I was unaware of the whole situation, other than the fact that my first kiss was with a girl named Liv and every time I saw her on a movie, I thought she looked familiar. I finally asked my mom one day what movie I had seen her in. She explained why she looked so familiar.

Last edited:

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
  • My husband went to the same high school as Wilson Cruz (née Echevarria, perhaps best known as Ricky from My So Called Life), and he crashed our wedding. Embarrassed the shit out of everyone involved.
  • Up until I was ~25, I told people that I had met Clint Eastwood as a child. I stopped telling people this when I learned that the photo I had of 5y/o essjay was with a wax figure of Dirty Harry, and not the real deal.
  • I started fifth grade with a completely scabbed up face due to what I told everyone was a skateboarding accident, but was really me fainting in the middle of the sidewalk after attempting a 360°.
(My internet is wonky, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if you're correct.)

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Lol. I don't think any of them(my statements) are very impressive.
Might not be grand accomplishments, but all involved personal contact with celebrities! :wink:

lunarobverse

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Reaction score
This seems fun!

Here's my celebrity encounters, probably.
  1. Steve Jobs fired me.
  2. I've given Dan Harmon drugs.
  3. I flirted with Heather Locklear and got her number.