but I will wait until the season ends

Reactions: MerryLou

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
That show looks super interesting, I added it to my list after the trailer.
I saw this on there today. Adding to my list :ghost:
I watched the first epi with my husband last night and we both really liked it. Netflix originals are so back and forth though, I'm optimistically skeptical (but the end of the epi was like WHAAAAAA NUUUUUU in a good way) :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded and TQueen

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Orange is the New Black Season 4

It really did much better than season three.

I felt feels
Ya know.. I thought maybe with season 3, after doing a little time inside, I was too much in touch with reality to care about the show.. however, I was wrong. Season 3 was too out there.. It was good, but it wasn't like the other 2 seasons.

Season 4 brought it back to reality, and made me love the characters again. There was so much character development and the events at the end of this season really hit me

Reactions: Jaded and MerryLou

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Finished Stranger Things a moment ago. It was excellent. No idea what to watch now. I also just checked my list and apparently half of what I wanted to watch was taken off Netflix this month :dead:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Finished Stranger Things a moment ago. It was excellent. No idea what to watch now. I also just checked my list and apparently half of what I wanted to watch was taken off Netflix this month :dead:
!! Only on episode three but loving it so far :D Have you tried Penny Dreadful? I only got to watch the first half hour of the pilot (lol, kids) yesterday after I saw Blue @Blue mention it in the daily thread, but omg it looks really good. Plus, I may have a lingering schoolgirl crush on Josh Hartnett...

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
!! Only on episode three but loving it so far :D Have you tried Penny Dreadful? I only got to watch the first half hour of the pilot (lol, kids) yesterday after I saw Blue @Blue mention it in the daily thread, but omg it looks really good. Plus, I may have a lingering schoolgirl crush on Josh Hartnett...
Josh Hartnett is in it? :eek:

/me adds it to her list.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've seen that one mentioned quite a few times. I'll check it out. I also want to check out Broadchurch, The Fall, and maybe Jessica Jones.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Please add O.J.: Made in America to your viewing list, whether you were cognizant of/following the events at the time or not...(I may have just stayed up til 8 this morning to binge watch it so forgive the fervor)...the piece, all several hours of it goes beyond the singular case into a discussion of race and privilege in America that is still ongoing in this country as you know if you pay any attention to the news rn.

As a young adult back then I lived through that time period but did not follow along all that closely. The documentary gives kind of a drone-like, holistic view of the man, the murders, the trial, and most importantly, the divided "America" in which all of it was allowed to happen, with the sort of historical context and new archival/interview footage that 7-8 hours and an ESPN budget allows.

It's really something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigerpants

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Finally watching Mad Men from the beginning. One of the shows that was popular when I didn't have a TV for about 5 years.
Finished last night. 5/5 for the seasons. Brings back so many memories of people I knew like them in childhood.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
It's really bothering me that I can't figure out who Eleven in Stranger Things looks like.

It's some other recentish actress and I keep almost thinking of her but I can't place it. I could almost see it when she had the wig on.

Otherwise the show is great.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Jena Malone was how I was remembering but now that I googled her I have no idea why she was who I was thinking of.

Reactions: Pleco

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone watch Wentworth?

Reactions: coffeeowl

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Anyone watch Wentworth?
I do! Haven't watched the latest season but really like it. Much darker than OITNB. Apparently, it is a remake of an older show but I never watched the original.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I do! Haven't watched the latest season but really like it. Much darker than OITNB. Apparently, it is a remake of an older show but I never watched the original.

I just finished season 4 :cry:

And yeah, a whole hell of a lot darker than OITNB, I just felt terrible at some of the parts. (I get too involved in the story lines and with the characters.) I really love the show, it just seems so well done to me. I think it's my favorite non-fantasy show.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just finished season 4 :cry:

And yeah, a whole hell of a lot darker than OITNB, I just felt terrible at some of the parts. (I get too involved in the story lines and with the characters.) I really love the show, it just seems so well done to me. I think it's my favorite non-fantasy show.
I need to catch up! It is very well done. Hard not to get involved with the characters! The storylines are just so intense.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I need to catch up! It is very well done. Hard not to get involved with the characters! The storylines are just so intense.
They really are, and I recommend catching up right meow :eek: