TV? TV!

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Whatcha watchin', guys?

I have different things I watch at different times of day.

With the kids, I'm working through recent seasons of Worst Cooks in America (my 9y/o is obsessed) and rewatching the various Dragons series. We also watch Survivor, Face Off and Bob's Burgers together. Doctor Who, obvs.

16y/o and I are watching Buffy and Sarah Connor Chronicles (his first time for both).

Husband and I watch TWD, Orange is the New Black and Sunny (the only new shows he watches).

I'm on season two of Big Love, watching after the kids go to bed. Just finished watching/listening to Wonder Years as background noise as I fall asleep, moved on to New Girl, but haven't decided if that'll stick since I end up giggling instead of sleeping.

I am behind on Jane the Virgin and Orphan Black.

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
Buffy, currently mid-season 3.
Arrow, also currently mid-season 3.
The X-Files, currently mid-season 1.
Girl Meets World, almost at the end of season 1, but stopped because husband wanted to watch it. Oops.
New Girl, finished up to season 3, but now that season 4 is up, we'll probably watch that soonish.
The Office, but I don't remember where we're at on that. I've seen it all, but husband hasn't.
The West Wing, can't remember on this either, but same as above. I've seen it all but husband hasn't.

Waiting for new seasons on Netflix:

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Orange is the New Black
American Horror Story

On my to-watch list:

The Flash
Gotham
Always Sunny

Some other stuff that I'm too tired to remember LOL

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I love Worst Cooks in America! I just watched every season that was on Netflix recently. I love cooking shows in general (Masterchef was my special favorite but I was not happy with last season's outcome at all so I might not watch it this year).

Right now I'm watching Hell's Kitchen season 12- never saw it because it was the only one that wasn't on Hulu before but now it is. I'm also re-watching That '70s Show for the zillionth time.

I have a long list of new shows I need to watch and shows I need to re-watch. I'll have to compile a list and post it later. It's hard to binge-watch TV shows with 2 savage children always wanting to watch Disney movies or whatever.

Specifically looking forward to Fuller House.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am a binge Netflixer, so I will find a show and watch them all.

Call the Midwife
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

My guilty pleasure total brain mush shows are all on Bravo.

We watch a lot of HGTV and Food network.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
My guilty pleasure total brain mush shows are all on Bravo.
I left Top Chef and Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce off my list. :/

Reactions: Pippa

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
I don't think I watch many shows that are on air currently? I've kinda let myself get out of the loop.

The only show I really need is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia anyway. I've seen the whole series 10 times or something but I still keep watching it over and over.

Besides that I'm a huge fan of Arrested Development, Archer, The Wire, The Sopranos, Parks and Recreation, Breaking Bad, and shows like that. Kindof a typical list probably but w/e I like them

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think I watch many shows that are on air currently? I've kinda let myself get out of the loop.

The only show I really need is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia anyway. I've seen the whole series 10 times or something but I still keep watching it over and over.

Besides that I'm a huge fan of Arrested Development, Archer, The Wire, The Sopranos, Parks and Recreation, Breaking Bad, and shows like that. Kindof a typical list probably but w/e I like them
Husband and I start Sunny over every time we're too lazy to figure out something new to watch. It's probably the only show that I LOVE every single episode of.

Reactions: jml

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
Husband and I start Sunny over every time we're too lazy to figure out something new to watch. It's probably the only show that I LOVE every single episode of.
For real! It's such a likable & easy-to-watch show. For some episodes (the door-to-door gas salesmen one comes to mind) I had to pause the show a few times because I was laughing too hard and couldn't concentrate on what was going on. Dunno if I've ever done that for another show

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
For real! It's such a likable & easy-to-watch show. For some episodes (the door-to-door gas salesmen one comes to mind) I had to pause the show a few times because I was laughing too hard and couldn't concentrate on what was going on. Dunno if I've ever done that for another show
For srs. I was trying to come up with my favourite episodes and it's imfuckingpossible. I can't believe they're in their 11th season and the new episodes make me laugh just as hard as Manhunters did.

(Charlie Work and Family Fight were instaclassics last season.)

Reactions: jml

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I watch many shows (multitasking the whole time, wouldn't have time otherwise). Some currently-airing favorites: Galavant, Limitless, and the final season of Mythbusters.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I watch many shows (multitasking the whole time, wouldn't have time otherwise). Some currently-airing favorites: Galavant, Limitless, and the final season of Mythbusters.
How is Galavant? I loved Timothy Omundson in Psych and he's the reason I've been curious about that show

Reactions: clickhappier

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Started LOST over the weekend. Sorry to my projected earnings this week. :cry:

Last edited:

Eetha

cuter than you
Contributor
Reaction score
I am always binge watching SOMETHING (Just finished Nurse Jackie over the last few days... that was a bit of a bummer, I need to watch something happy next lol). Desktop is hooked up to our 47" so we actually don't even use our cable, just always have it on my computer.

Current fav airing show is Steven Universe. Really freaking good for a kids show, don't judge.

I watch a ton of Food Network competition shows too...

I tried watching Galavant but my husband told me to turn it off after the first few minutes! Ruuuude!

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
people call me the queen of netflix. i guess there's a reason...
but lots of these arent even on netflix.
this list hasn't been updated to account for new shows in a few months though.

i'm excited for the magicians on syfy.

Last edited:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
25 TV Shows (Of All Time) I Loves

Twin Peaks (damn good coffee)
Hannibal (I miss you Will xox)
Sherlock
Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
Lost
Battlestar Galactica (both)
Northern Exposure
The Kids in the Hall
The X-files
The Facts of Life (from my teenage years. sigh)
Miami Vice
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Cheers
Absolutely Fabulous
Forensic Files (and other true crime shows)
Monty Python's Flying Circus
I Love Lucy
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Twilight Zone
The Pink Panther (cartoon & movies too!)
Ren & Stimpy
Key and Peele
All the British/Masterpiece PBS shows (No really. All of them. Sunday nights sorted)
All HGTV (Especially the high drama of House Hunters)

Also I have never seen Mad Men (didn't own a tv when it started and haven't gotten around to it) or Game of Thrones (maybe if I read the books one day).

Last edited:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
people call me the queen of netflix. i guess there's a reason...
but lots of these arent even on netflix.
this list hasn't been updated to account for new shows in a few months though.

i'm excited for the magicians on syfy.

Have you read the Magicians? I'm considering recording it and rereading before diving into the show. The show looks GREAT but the book was SUPERB.

Reactions: essjay