coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
All the feels for the Downton Abbey finale. Well done.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm finally getting into The Magicians. I like it, but miss the depth of the book of course. It's been a long time since I read it, but I'm easily recalling how much I despised Julia.

Reactions: Sondi

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Well. Walking Dead may have just completely lost me.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
bates motel s4 and damien tonight!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Reactions: MerryLou

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Anyone else watching the 11.22.63 series on Hulu now? I just watched the fourth episode last night and I can't wait for the next one :spaz:

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
This was 100 percent comic snobbery on my point.

Anyone else watching the 11.22.63 series on Hulu now? I just watched the fourth episode last night and I can't wait for the next one :spaz:
Man, I warmed up to the book after the Derry stuff, but it lost me at the end. I think I'll binge the season once it's over.

I'm finally getting into The Magicians. I like it, but miss the depth of the book of course. It's been a long time since I read it, but I'm easily recalling how much I despised Julia.
I have a few episodes of this saved but haven't decided yet if I'm going to watch. The Magician's Land was one of my favourite books of 2014 (and I loved both of the others), and am super invested in Quentin. Unsure if I want to have that sullied by the show.

Last edited:
Reactions: MerryLou and TQueen

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I have a few episodes of this saved but haven't decided yet if I'm going to watch. The Magician's Land was one of my favourite books of 2014 (and I loved both of the others), and am super invested in Quentin. Unsure if I want to have that sullied by the show.
It's been so long since I read the first book and I'm not caught up with new ones so I'm positive I'm missing a lot of the changes they've made. That being said, I really lIke the acting/delivery/script. Quentin Alice and Eliot are all wonderful as far as their tv versions go, and I'd like to cut Julia's heart out with a spoon (so I guess that's good as far as getting 'into' it.) I also like how they've 'done' the magic. Again, I'd label myself familiar but disconnected to the source material. It does feel a bit rushed.

It may help that tv Quentin reminds me of Elias Koteas' Casey Jones. I maybe had quite the crush on him as a girl...

Reactions: Jaded

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
It's been so long since I read the first book and I'm not caught up with new ones so I'm positive I'm missing a lot of the changes they've made. That being said, I really lIke the acting/delivery/script. Quentin Alice and Eliot are all wonderful as far as their tv versions go, and I'd like to cut Julia's heart out with a spoon (so I guess that's good as far as getting 'into' it.) I also like how they've 'done' the magic. Again, I'd label myself familiar but disconnected to the source material. It does feel a bit rushed.

It may help that tv Quentin reminds me of Elias Koteas' Casey Jones. I maybe had quite the crush on him as a girl...
I might give it a shot. I do have Brakebills listed under secondary education on fb.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Wait wait wait, the magicians is based on a book?

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait wait wait, the magicians is based on a book?
Yes, by Lev Grossman (who you may know as a reviewer for TIME?). It's a trilogy.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
/me sighs.

More books for the book list.

(thanks :D )
NB: These books are seriously polarizing. I don't know anyone that was meh about them, it was pretty much "ZOMFG, I LOVED THAT!" or "ZOMFG, THAT SHIT WAS THE WOOOOOOOORST!"

Reactions: Jaded

MisterEgo

Mischief Maker
Contributor
Reaction score
So I just finished rewatching season one of Deadwood. I'd kinda forgotten how fecking good that show was. I really hope they make that movie they keep talking about. And that lepi will let me come out and use the big TV to watch it on... For the record, it's better than GoT. It's better than all the other HBO shows. If you didn't watch it when it originally aired you should stop what you're doing, usenyour awesome internet and download or stream it right now. Why are you still here? Go.

Last edited:
Reactions: corvid

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So I just finished rewatching season one of Deadwood. I'd kinda forgotten how fecking good that show was. I really hope they make that movie they keep talking about. And that lepi will let me come out and use the big TV to watch it on... For the record, it's better than GoT. It's better than all the other HBO shows. If you didn't watch it when it originally aired you should stop what you're doing, usenyour awesome internet and download or stream it right now. Why are you still here? Go.
GoT is seriously overrated at this point. Started out strong.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Finale of Venture Bros tonight! Getting ready to binge the whole season with my husband and one of my besties. Logged into IRC to see we had had similar thoughts on our nicks tonight.

Reactions: WowyGirl

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
I ran across these "infomercials" on adult swim the other night, and I've been watching through them tonight... and most of them are funny like this "For-Profit Online University", then I came across this one, and wow...

http://www.adultswim.com/promotions/claridryl/
^Click the house in the background a few time^
This all kinda blew my mind...