TV? TV!

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score

Other than WD and Shark Tank, I'm not doing much in the way of live TV. Although I won't lie... I love watching Hoarders, because their messy houses make me feel better about the towels on my floor. It's my one trash TV weakness. Also, Outrageous Acts of Science.

Reactions: clickhappier

ecupcakes

Reaction score
some of my favorites are, in no real order,
Pit Bulls & Parolees
Younger
Fosters
Recovery Road
the Middle
Big Bang Theory
Greys Anatomy
Hoarders Behind Closed Doors
Dr Phil

with my daughters:
my little pony & equestrian girls (if you couldn't tell from the avatar lol)
Alvin & the chipmunks
Garfield
SpongeBob

add to all that the occasional horror movie that I will record and watch

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Getting ready to catch up on Face Off and Survivor. Big Brother Canada starts next week and oldest and I are stoooooked.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Loved the final 2 episodes of The X-Files the best of the small season! Hope there are more. Or a movie or something!

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
This week's Sunny was immediately a Top Five episode. I've watched it three times already.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
coffeeowl @coffeeowl (trying not to derail Jaded @Jaded's thread)

I can freely admit that most of my dislike of Tennant stems from the fact that Billie Piper is my least favourite companion since they brought it back. I am not into romances at all and I especially don't like how her tenure on the show ended. It actually made me ragequit for a few years, because I was so against it happening like that. Add to that the rabid NEW fans who constantly post about how Tennant is the One True Doctor and how the show needs to bring him back (which means they fundamentally misunderstand the entire point of the godsdamned show), and I can barely even rewatch any episodes of his without flying into a frothy rage.

Reactions: Jaded and coffeeowl

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Add to that the rabid NEW fans who constantly post about how Tennant is the One True Doctor and how the show needs to bring him back (which means they fundamentally misunderstand the entire point of the godsdamned show),
That's just stupid. I love him and hated to see him leave but it's the point of the show. Bringing him back would ruin everything. I love sappy romance stuff so I loved everything that happened with Rose/10 but I'm a sappy dork so. I quit for a few years after Smith started, I just did not like him at all at first, and while he ended up growing on me he's still my least fave of the new series.

/me shrugs.

Yeah I know you were talking at coffeeowl but I wanted to throw my stuff in there cause I was bored :eek:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
coffeeowl @coffeeowl (trying not to derail Jaded @Jaded's thread)

I can freely admit that most of my dislike of Tennant stems from the fact that Billie Piper is my least favourite companion since they brought it back. I am not into romances at all and I especially don't like how her tenure on the show ended. It actually made me ragequit for a few years, because I was so against it happening like that. Add to that the rabid NEW fans who constantly post about how Tennant is the One True Doctor and how the show needs to bring him back (which means they fundamentally misunderstand the entire point of the godsdamned show), and I can barely even rewatch any episodes of his without flying into a frothy rage.
I honestly haven't watched all the seasons. I like the show and my mom is a huge fan of the original so grew up with it. I didn't love her either but do love Christopher Eccleston so watched his entire season for REASONS. He was trying to be serious but they kept making it cheesy.

Last edited:
Reactions: catlady and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't tell the other thread but Capaldi is quickly becoming my fave of the new Doctors >.> Although I like Tennant outside and inside of DW.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
That's just stupid. I love him and hated to see him leave but it's the point of the show. Bringing him back would ruin everything. I love sappy romance stuff so I loved everything that happened with Rose/10 but I'm a sappy dork so. I quit for a few years after Smith started, I just did not like him at all at first, and while he ended up growing on me he's still my least fave of the new series.

/me shrugs.

Yeah I know you were talking at coffeeowl but I wanted to throw my stuff in there cause I was bored :eek:
See, to me (and I think this is part of the beauty of the show, that we can all have favourites and least favourites and no one person is wrong), Smith was perfect as the Doctor because I totally bought him as an old man in a young man's body (#NotAEuphemism). He managed to be both old and young at the same time and I thought watching him was fucking delightful. I didn't buy him in the role at first (and it wasn't until "Flesh and Stone" that I thought "ah ha! There's the Doctor!"), but he totally grew on me and is now one of my top five Doctors.

I honestly haven't watched all the seasons. I like the show and my mom is a huge fan of the original so grew up with it. I didn't love her either but did love Christopher Eccleston so watched his entire season for REASONS. He was trying to be serious but they kept making it cheesy. I'm indifferent towards her.
I really wish that Eccleston had done more than one season, because I loved what he did as the Doctor. I bought him as someone who had just destroyed two entire civilizations and was trying to find himself again.

Don't tell the other thread but Capaldi is quickly becoming my fave of the new Doctors >.> Although I like Tennant outside and inside of DW.
"Heaven Sent" was one of the best episodes since they brought the show back.

Tangentially related, a friend of mine made this for me.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, and he also made this for me when I was having a rough few months.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
This week's Sunny was immediately a Top Five episode. I've watched it three times already.

I've watched it three more times since i posted this and it's funnier each time.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Already finished House of Cards Season 4. :whistle:
I watched season 1 when it first came out and loved it, but I never kept up with it. I need to start over. :)

Reactions: coffeeowl

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not prepared to say goodbye to my beloved Downton Abbey tonight but have friends coming over to drink tea, eat scones and hold my hand for the series finale. We'd do cocktails but alas probably wouldn't last the show.

Reactions: TQueen

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I finished House of Cards season four last night and it's my favorite since season one.

Reactions: kryss and coffeeowl