Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

TV? TV!

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by essjay, Jan 18, 2016.

1. essjay

essjay
    Expand Collapse
    Filthy Casual

• Contributor
    Whatcha watchin', guys?

I have different things I watch at different times of day.

With the kids, I'm working through recent seasons of Worst Cooks in America (my 9y/o is obsessed) and rewatching the various Dragons series. We also watch Survivor, Face Off and Bob's Burgers together. Doctor Who, obvs.

16y/o and I are watching Buffy and Sarah Connor Chronicles (his first time for both).

Husband and I watch TWD, Orange is the New Black and Sunny (the only new shows he watches).

I'm on season two of Big Love, watching after the kids go to bed. Just finished watching/listening to Wonder Years as background noise as I fall asleep, moved on to New Girl, but haven't decided if that'll stick since I end up giggling instead of sleeping.

I am behind on Jane the Virgin and Orphan Black.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    ecupcakes, j0e, clickhappier and 4 others like this.
  2. KittyRaces

KittyRaces
    Expand Collapse
    lengthening my shitlist by the minute

• Contributor
    Buffy, currently mid-season 3.
    Arrow, also currently mid-season 3.
    The X-Files, currently mid-season 1.
    Girl Meets World, almost at the end of season 1, but stopped because husband wanted to watch it. Oops.
    New Girl, finished up to season 3, but now that season 4 is up, we'll probably watch that soonish.
    The Office, but I don't remember where we're at on that. I've seen it all, but husband hasn't.
    The West Wing, can't remember on this either, but same as above. I've seen it all but husband hasn't.

Waiting for new seasons on Netflix:

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Orange is the New Black
    American Horror Story

On my to-watch list:

The Flash
    Gotham
    Always Sunny

Some other stuff that I'm too tired to remember LOL

kryss, j0e, Pippa and 2 others like this.
  3. Maria Tortilla

Maria Tortilla
    Expand Collapse
    Smudge and arrogant

• Contributor
    I love Worst Cooks in America! I just watched every season that was on Netflix recently. I love cooking shows in general (Masterchef was my special favorite but I was not happy with last season's outcome at all so I might not watch it this year).

Right now I'm watching Hell's Kitchen season 12- never saw it because it was the only one that wasn't on Hulu before but now it is. I'm also re-watching That '70s Show for the zillionth time.

I have a long list of new shows I need to watch and shows I need to re-watch. I'll have to compile a list and post it later. It's hard to binge-watch TV shows with 2 savage children always wanting to watch Disney movies or whatever.

Specifically looking forward to Fuller House.

4. Pippa

Pippa
    Expand Collapse
    All things lovely and beautiful.

• Contributor
    I am a binge Netflixer, so I will find a show and watch them all.

Call the Midwife
    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad

My guilty pleasure total brain mush shows are all on Bravo.

We watch a lot of HGTV and Food network.

5. KittyRaces

KittyRaces
    Expand Collapse
    lengthening my shitlist by the minute

• Contributor
    How did I forgot to put this on my list? I'm SO excited for it. >>

essjay and Maria Tortilla like this.
  6. Maria Tortilla

Maria Tortilla
    Expand Collapse
    Smudge and arrogant

• Contributor
    We'll need to organize a binge-watching party when it comes out. :smuggrin:

KittyRaces and essjay like this.
  7. essjay

essjay
    Expand Collapse
    Filthy Casual

• Contributor
    I left Top Chef and Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce off my list. :/

Pippa likes this.
  8. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Midnight Marauder

I don't think I watch many shows that are on air currently? I've kinda let myself get out of the loop.

The only show I really need is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia anyway. I've seen the whole series 10 times or something but I still keep watching it over and over.

Besides that I'm a huge fan of Arrested Development, Archer, The Wire, The Sopranos, Parks and Recreation, Breaking Bad, and shows like that. Kindof a typical list probably but w/e I like them [​IMG]

j0e, Pippa and essjay like this.
  9. essjay

essjay
    Expand Collapse
    Filthy Casual

• Contributor
    Husband and I start Sunny over every time we're too lazy to figure out something new to watch. It's probably the only show that I LOVE every single episode of.

jml likes this.
  10. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Midnight Marauder

For real! It's such a likable & easy-to-watch show. For some episodes (the door-to-door gas salesmen one comes to mind) I had to pause the show a few times because I was laughing too hard and couldn't concentrate on what was going on. Dunno if I've ever done that for another show

11. essjay

essjay
    Expand Collapse
    Filthy Casual

• Contributor
    For srs. I was trying to come up with my favourite episodes and it's imfuckingpossible. I can't believe they're in their 11th season and the new episodes make me laugh just as hard as Manhunters did.

(Charlie Work and Family Fight were instaclassics last season.)

jml likes this.
  12. clickhappier

clickhappier
    Expand Collapse
    ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

• Subforum Curator
    • Crowd Pleaser
    I watch many shows (multitasking the whole time, wouldn't have time otherwise). Some currently-airing favorites: Galavant, Limitless, and the final season of Mythbusters.

j0e, Pippa and essjay like this.
  13. Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller
    Expand Collapse
    Unofficial Official

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    How is Galavant? I loved Timothy Omundson in Psych and he's the reason I've been curious about that show

clickhappier likes this.
  14. clickhappier

clickhappier
    Expand Collapse
    ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

• Subforum Curator
    • Crowd Pleaser
    It's hilarious, and rather risqué for a broadcast network.

15. j0e

j0e
    Expand Collapse
    Bounty Turker

• Contributor
    Started LOST over the weekend. Sorry to my projected earnings this week. :cry:

#15 j0e, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    TQueen, essjay and coffeeowl like this.
  16. Eetha

Eetha
    Expand Collapse
    cuter than you

• Contributor
    I am always binge watching SOMETHING (Just finished Nurse Jackie over the last few days... that was a bit of a bummer, I need to watch something happy next lol). Desktop is hooked up to our 47" so we actually don't even use our cable, just always have it on my computer.

Current fav airing show is Steven Universe. Really freaking good for a kids show, don't judge.

I watch a ton of Food Network competition shows too...

I tried watching Galavant but my husband told me to turn it off after the first few minutes! Ruuuude!

17. Cara

Cara
    Expand Collapse
    ad space now available

• Contributor
    people call me the queen of netflix. i guess there's a reason...
    but lots of these arent even on netflix.
    this list hasn't been updated to account for new shows in a few months though.

i'm excited for the magicians on syfy.

24, 2 Broke Girls, 30 Rock, 3rd Rock From the Sun

Accused, Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D., Alcatraz, Alias, Alphas, American Horror Story, Angel, Aquarius, Arrested Development, Arrow, Attack on Titan, Awake, Awkward

Backstrom, Bates Motel, Battlestar Galactica, Being Erica, Being Human, Believe, Betrayal, Bitten, Black Books, Blacklist, Black Mirror, Blindspot, Boardwalk Empire, Body of Proof, Bomb Girls, Bones, Breaking Bad, Breakout Kings, Broadchurch, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Burn Notice

Caprica, Castle, Cedar Cove, Charmed, Chopped, Chuck, Community, Complications, Continuum, Conviction, Copper, Cougar Town, Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan, Cult

Daredevil, Daria, Dark Matter, Darkwing Duck, Dawson’s Creek, Dead Like Me, Deception, Defying Gravity, Desperate Housewives, Dexter, Dirty Sexy Money, Doc Martin, Doctor Who, Dollhouse, Do No Harm, Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23

Eastwick, Elementary, Endgame, Episodes, Eureka

Fairly Legal, Family Guy, Fargo, Firefly, Flash Forward, Forever, Franklin & Bash, Freak Like Me, Freaks and Geeks, Fresh Meat, Fresh off the Boat, Friday Night Dinner, Fringe

Game of Thrones, Gilmore Girls, Glee, Good Eats, Gossip Girl, Graceland, Gracepoint, Granite Flats, Greek, Green Wing, Grey’s Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer

Hannibal, Happy Endings, Happy Town, Happy Valley, Harper’s Island, Harry’s Law, Haven, Helix, Hell on Wheels, Hell’s Kitchen, Hemlock Grove, Heroes, Hit & Miss, Hoarders, Homeland, Hostages, House of Cards, House M.D., How I Met Your Mother, How To Get Away With Murder, Humans

Iron Chef, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, iZombie

Jane By Design, Jekyll, Jericho, Jessica Jones, Journeyman

Kidnapped, Kingdom, Kitchen Nightmares

Leverage, Lie to Me, Life, Life on Mars, Life Unexpected, Little Britain, Longmire, Lost, Lost Girl

Masterchef, Medium, Mercy, Merlin, Misfits, Mixology, Modern Family, Monk, Motive, Mr. Robot, My Name Is Earl, Mysteries of Laura, My Strange Addiction, My So-Called Life, MythBusters

New Girl, Nikita, Nip/Tuck, Numb3rs, Nurse Jackie

Offspring, Once Upon a Time, Outcasts, Orange is the New Black, Orphan Black

Pan Am, Parenthood, Parks and Recreation, Peaky Blinders, Peep Show, Penny Dreadful, Persons of Interest, Persons Unknown, Pramface, Pretty Little Liars, Prime Suspect, Prison Break, Psych, Pushing Daisies

QI, Quantico

Raising Hope, ReGenesis, Reign, Revenge, Ringer, Ripper Street, Roseanne, Roswell, Running Wilde

Saving Hope, Scandal, Scoundrels, Scorpion, Scream Queens, Scrubs, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Secrets and Lies, Selfie, Shameless, Sherlock, Sirens, Sleepy Hollow, Sons of Anarchy, South Park, Spaced, State of Affairs, Stitchers, Suburgatory, Suits, Supernatural, Switched at Birth

Teen Wolf, Terra Nova, Terriers, The 100, The 4400, The Big Bang Theory, The Booth at the End, The Bridge, The Dresden Files, The Event, The Fall, The Flash, The Following, The Forgotten, The Gates, The Glades, The Good Guys, The Guild, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, The IT Crowd, The Killing, The League, The Lying Game, The Middle, The Morning After, The New Normal, The Office, The Secret Circle, The Strain, The Thick of It, The Tomorrow People, The Walking Dead, The West Wing, The Whole Truth, The X-Files, This is Not My Life, Top of the Lake, Torchwood, Touch, Trailer Park Boys, True Blood, Twisted, Two Broke Girls

Ugly Betty, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Unforgettable, United States of Tara, Utopia, Up All Night

V, Vikings

Warehouse 13, Wayward Pines, Weeds, Wentworth, White Collar, Witches of East End, Whites, Would I Lie To You?

Younger

Z Nation

#17 Cara, Jan 19, 2016
  18. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    hoo?

• Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    • Master Pleaser
    • Mentor
    • Contributor
    25 TV Shows (Of All Time) I Loves

Twin Peaks (damn good coffee)
    Hannibal (I miss you Will xox)
    Sherlock
    Orange is the New Black
    House of Cards
    Lost
    Battlestar Galactica (both)
    Northern Exposure
    The Kids in the Hall
    The X-files
    The Facts of Life (from my teenage years. sigh)
    Miami Vice
    The Mary Tyler Moore Show
    Cheers
    Absolutely Fabulous
    Forensic Files (and other true crime shows)
    Monty Python's Flying Circus
    I Love Lucy
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents
    The Twilight Zone
    The Pink Panther (cartoon & movies too!)
    Ren & Stimpy
    Key and Peele
    All the British/Masterpiece PBS shows (No really. All of them. Sunday nights sorted)
    All HGTV (Especially the high drama of House Hunters)

Also I have never seen Mad Men (didn't own a tv when it started and haven't gotten around to it) or Game of Thrones (maybe if I read the books one day).

#18 coffeeowl, Jan 19, 2016
    heeheehahaha and TQueen like this.
  19. coffeeowl

coffeeowl
    Expand Collapse
    hoo?

• Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    • Master Pleaser
    • Mentor
    • Contributor
    It is a great show! Need to watch it again soon myself.

j0e likes this.
  20. MerryLou

MerryLou
    Expand Collapse
    unpalatable

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Sole Survivor
    Have you read the Magicians? I'm considering recording it and rereading before diving into the show. The show looks GREAT but the book was SUPERB.

essjay likes this.