Turkopticon 2.0 beta

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I think if they can't be imported (for whatever reason) that it would be nice to have a link or a notice that says "this requester had previous reviews." That's all dependent on old TO staying up though so this suggestion may not be useful.

I like the new version.

Reactions: Yatagarasu

six

Site Representative
Reaction score
Hi kryss @kryssyy!

We've talked about this and people have brought this up already but we haven't made a decision yet basically because it's not obvious how best to import the old reviews. To be honest it's not clear if it's even really possible.

The review format is totally different: reviews are for HITs and not requesters; there are no numerical ratings but instead just questions about pay, time, whether you got paid, etc. So yeah, it's not clear.

You can however run both scripts at the same time, so while that's maybe a bit annoying, that might be one way to solve the problem until there are a lot of reviews in the new format.

But yeah, basically we don't have a really good answer to this problem and I'm open to thoughts.

Edit:

Oh, actually, Jaded @Jaded's post reminded me: we did talk about adding the old ratings into the new extension - that's definitely possible too, if people run into problems running both at the same time.

Last edited:

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Hi kryss @kryssyy!

We've talked about this and people have brought this up already but we haven't made a decision yet basically because it's not obvious how best to import the old reviews. To be honest it's not clear if it's even really possible.

The review format is totally different: reviews are for HITs and not requesters; there are no numerical ratings but instead just questions about pay, time, whether you got paid, etc. So yeah, it's not clear.

You can however run both scripts at the same time, so while that's maybe a bit annoying, that might be one way to solve the problem until there are a lot of reviews in the new format.

But yeah, basically we don't have a really good answer to this problem and I'm open to thoughts.
Is there a way to have both on the new site. Reviews by HIT and reviews by requester or is that getting away from what you're looking to do?

I've never really cared too much about the ratings or ratings of specific HITs, but more so the content of the reviews. Such as, does the requester block for ambiguous reasons.

There's so much great content on the .edu site. Using both definitely solves that and it would be a non-issue if the .edu is going to stay up.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to have both on the new site. Reviews by HIT and reviews by requester or is that getting away from what you're looking to do?

I've never really cared too much about the ratings or ratings of specific HITs, but more so the content of the reviews. Such as, does the requester block for ambiguous reasons.

There's so much great content on the .edu site. Using both definitely solves that and it would be a non-issue if the .edu is going to stay up.
I guess that's another question: is the original Turkopticon going to stay up indefinitely (and I assume be frozen for new reviews at some point in time)?

Reactions: kryss

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
six @six is the api available for the beta site yet?

six

Site Representative
Reaction score
Yes, it will definitely stay up! :)

We don't even have any sense of when we might close it to new posts. My understanding is that we will definitely keep it up and running as normal until we have a sense that people are getting everything they really need from the new site. If things go well with the new site we will probably close the .edu site to new reviews at some point but we have no plans to take it down completely. The script/extension associated with the .edu site should also continue to display the average ratings from there indefinitely.

six

Site Representative
Reaction score
six @six is the api available for the beta site yet?
Hi Kadauchi @Kadauchi! Yes. It is up at https://api.turkopticon.info and it is used by the new user script. feihtality rewrote the API completely though so I can't tell you right now what all information you can get out of it because I don't myself know. He has put a ton of unpaid work into this new version already and I want to be respectful of his time but if documentation of the new API would be useful for you we can ask him if he might be able to put some together.

toutils

Reaction score
This isn't exactly related but I'm going to be releasing the turkopticon database in a few days. I want to give users a chance to opt out their ids if they want too, I don't know any better way to handle it. The thread on it is in the userscripts/extensions sub.

Reactions: T. Leela

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

toutils

Reaction score
I've been using the new site now a lot and it's a definitely a huge improvement. The new rating system is the way to go for sure.

Reactions: Kadauchi