Turking Efficiently

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
What are some things you do that help you to turk more efficently?

I am a computer novice when it comes to these things. I just have tabs opened along the top with my dashboard always open first. I keep a brelig open in another window so I can access it quickly. That's about all I've got so, what advice or tips do you have?

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I find that it comes down to your own personal wiring.

Me... I have a horrible attention span. It's really awful. My computer always has 11 tabs of stuff open, some of it work, some of it facebook, some of it forums, and if I'm left to my own devices, I will bounce around like a gibbon on crack.

So the easiest way I've found to get myself to focus is to use a timer. Open a timer, set it for 5 minutes. I just have to work for 5 minutes... then I can check the other tabs and see what's going on. Once I get all that tab checking out of my system, I set the timer for another 5 minutes. In the end I'm left working 50 minutes out of an hour instead of spending half an hour working and half an hour procrastinating.

turkenator

━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Contributor
Reaction score
I like to use the Captcha Clear script by Kadauchi to deal with captchas.

Also, I like to have Turkmaster modified to launch a window automatically when it encounters a captcha. To do that, you need to find where this occurs in the Turkmaster script:
Code:
        if (hasCaptcha) {
            console.log("Has captcha");
            sendMessage({header: 'captcha'});
        }
Then, you need to add these two lines in:
Code:
        if (hasCaptcha) {
            window.open("https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=3T4QHDVBXBLD2A4YZC57CBG4IE9ZWF", "mywindow", "width=800, height=600, top=200, left=200");
            window.alert('Captcha');
            console.log("Has captcha");
            sendMessage({header: 'captcha'});
        }
That is to open up CopyText, just like Captcha Clear does. But you can make it open whatever HIT you want, of course. The alert is so that Turkmaster will pause itself until you click ok, to prevent it from going ballistic.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
my tabs are:
screen a: turk w/ tm, hitscraper, random turk window (like dash or my queue)
screen b: prolific, forums, email, my second job. plus whatever else i need open (right now its email and amazon cuz i'm shopping)

another thing that might be useful for you is to control click all of the new hits on hitscraper that look interesting/worthwhile.
this especially works well with the noblisCVs that have been posting recently.

control click all of them, and once there's like 20-30 tabs open, i'll right click my current tab, close all tabs to the right, and then work from my queue, then i'll open another stray hit to check for captchas.

Last edited: