How many kids do you have?

• 4+

Results are only viewable after voting.

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread :)

I'm a parent of a beautiful little 2 year old doll myself.

I guess it's kind of odd how I came about turking. I was teaching for several years until I decided to stay home with her. I acutally was in the middle of my pregnancy with my second child last December/January, when I unfortunately lost her. I stumbled upon MTG at the beginning of February last year after spending a month mindlessly doing awful Brelig's and realized some things I could be doing better (i.e. not doing Brelig's). MTG became a place I really enjoyed, and actually helped me get through losing my second child. Kind of weird and heavy I know, but I think that's why I enjoy this group of people so much now. :)

I'm in the trenches with all the other turkparents, trying to make that money while having a wild little munchkin on the run.
Shut the fuck up, she is ADORABLE.

Anyway, I've got an 11 month old (tomorrow what?!?) tiny terrorist of my own, Amelia, named after the Doctor Who character. I've been super super ignoring MTurk for the last week or so because (evidenced by my 4 hour break here), now that she's mobile, she isn't content to just kind of... "sit and play" as much as she used to.

She used to be my avatar picture. :p

Eris

I need a nap.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yay! I'm glad this thread is here. Thank you to whomever originally suggested it.

I am a stay-at-home parent to two little girls, one being 2 years and the other going on 2 months old. I started turking a year ago and thought THAT was hard with just one to manage... ha! Now I'm frequently nursing or rocking the baby in one arm and using the other to turk while my 2 year old alternates between getting into everything and running up to me demanding Taylor Swift videos. On one hand, I'm super grateful to have found mTurk so I can stay home with my kids and hopefully finish up my degree soon. On the other, it's heartbreaking when you can barely pay attention to them all day because you're busting your ass for $4/hr when it's slow and you're still nowhere near your goal. Now that my husband is looking for a new job, we are much more dependant upon my turking income, so the lack of consistent work is especially noticed right now.

Last edited:

ChelseaT

Reaction score
Yay! I'm glad this thread is here. Thank you to whomever originally suggested it.

I am a stay-at-home parent to two little girls, one being 2 years and the other going on 2 months old. I started turking a year ago and thought THAT was hard with just one to manage... ha! Now I'm frequently nursing or rocking the baby in one arm and using the other to turk while my 2 year old alternates between getting into everything and running up to me demanding Taylor Swift videos. On one hand, I'm super grateful to have found mTurk so I can stay home with my kids and hopefully finish up my degree. On the other, it's heartbreaking when you can barely pay attention to them all day because you're busting your ass for $4/hr when it's slow and you're still nowhere near your goal. Now that my husband is looking for a new job, we are much more dependant upon my turking income, so the lack of consistent work is especially notable right now.
They are precious!

Hopefully your husband can find something soon. At least you have a little money coming in.

Reactions: Eris

Eris

I need a nap.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread :)

I'm a parent of a beautiful little 2 year old doll myself.

I guess it's kind of odd how I came about turking. I was teaching for several years until I decided to stay home with her. I acutally was in the middle of my pregnancy with my second child last December/January, when I unfortunately lost her. I stumbled upon MTG at the beginning of February last year after spending a month mindlessly doing awful Brelig's and realized some things I could be doing better (i.e. not doing Brelig's). MTG became a place I really enjoyed, and actually helped me get through losing my second child. Kind of weird and heavy I know, but I think that's why I enjoy this group of people so much now. :)

I'm in the trenches with all the other turkparents, trying to make that money while having a wild little munchkin on the run.
Your daughter's adorable!! I'm so sorry about the loss of your second child. It's hard when you're grieving what was a real person to you, but since other people never knew them, they don't know how to treat you and often times won't acknowledge what you're going through at all. I'm grateful that you've chosen to open up about it though because I can identify with what you're saying. I had a miscarriage shortly after I began turking and the MTG community was a huge source of relief during that time. When the people around weren't sure how to talk to me, it gave me a place to feel normal and be productive instead of dwelling on it, which I had hard time not doing then.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Your daughter's adorable!! I'm so sorry about the loss of your second child. It's hard when you're grieving what was a real person to you, but since other people never knew them, they don't know how to treat you and often times won't acknowledge what you're going through at all. I'm grateful that you've chosen to open up about it though because I can identify with what you're saying. I had a miscarriage shortly after I began turking and the MTG community was a huge source of relief during that time. When the people around weren't sure how to talk to me, it gave me a place to feel normal and be productive instead of dwelling on it, which I had hard time not doing then.
Every sentence of that is 100% something I can relate to. I still grieve everyday, even though it's been a year. It's nice to have people that can understand. No one knew what to say to me either. I loved the normalcy MTG gave me, and I really do attribute the social community here to help me pull out of my funk.

And I have to say we MTCers produce the cutest babies around.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I am the lone 4+ so far? I need Liz @Liz in here to help bolster that number!

I have four younglings. Three boys (16, 10, 9) and one pretty princess (she is five and will kick your ass if you dare suggest she is anything but).

Oldest and youngest (on what will be their first album cover, I guess:

The boys in the middle:

[eta] I homeschool all four, too. Greatest/worst decision ever.

Last edited:

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
You all have such precious babies! My children will be turning 21 and 19 soon and I do miss them being little but enjoying them so much now also.
Even though I don't turk with children I love them and enjoy seeing you all love yours.

These are my babies.

My son when he was 4 (15 years ago)

My baby girl 6 mos. (20 years ago)

Me with my "grown" babies last spring.

Bluedogan

Reaction score
38 yo dad of 2. I am the sole provider. My wife is a stay at home and does not have the patience to Turk. :)

Anyway the kiddies. Apologies cuz they is huge and I have no idea how to spoiler. Also it is 1A here and I am way too tired to figure it out. :)

And the girl

Reactions: ChelseaT

ChelseaT

Reaction score
Good morning! My big kids are off to school. It is time to make some money.

I hope everyone has a productive day!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm here essjay @essjay mom of 5 here. 22 (girl), 20 (boy), 17 (boy), 13 (girl) and 9 (girl). They make me insane about 99 percent of the time but they are so much fun.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

this was super long time ago but I have no recent pics of them all together. See how bad they look? It's because they are.

ChelseaT

Reaction score

this was super long time ago but I have no recent pics of them all together. See how bad they look? It's because they are.
They look beautiful!

Reactions: Liz

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I have 2 kiddos, the boy is 7 and the girl is 8 months.

I was fired from my last job when I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter. It's a very long story but I'll spare you the year long horror I went through. Here's the need to know: I worked at a high stress job doing lots of overtime and finally had to cut back to 'normal' 40 weeks around 7 months pregnant. I was told after about a month, and only two weeks until I was to take my unpaid maternity leave, that I was not performing up to the standard of my job duties, and in fact 'abandoning the office' by not staying after 5, and they were being 'forced' to let me go. I left obviously upset, after I calmed down I called the owner (I was fired by my direct manager) and asked him to clarify what exactly happened. He told me they had been training someone to replace me and that they just wanted to 'move forward with the people who were going to be there'. So instead of just letting me go through to maternity leave when they wouldn't be required to hold my position for me, they decided to permanently scar my employment history.

/me takes a deep breath

It's still hard to even think about it because I poured my blood, sweat, and tears (and HUNDREDS of extra, unpaid hours away form my family) into that job only to be fired for a completely bullshit reason. And, before you get your pitchforks, it was completely legal for them to do whatever they wanted because the company is so small I wasn't even covered under the Federal Laws to protect pregnant workers.

ANYWAY I found MTurk last summer but didn't get into it until September when my 7 yo started school again. I found MTG a bit later and thank heavens because I was doing mostly receipts :rain: and was making like $2 a day. My goal is $400 a month so I try for $20 a day but I'm not too strict on myself because I have to step away like every 5 minutes to grab my newly mobile baby girl. :spaz:

Very thankful to have MTC for reasons beyond just turking. :heart:

EDITED TO SAY: I wouldn't trade my situation now though, for anything. I was able to stay home with my son for nearly a year and I am incredibly thankful I am able to do so again with my daughter. :yesyes:

Last edited:

ChelseaT

Reaction score

I was fired from my last job when I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter. It's a very long story but I'll spare you the year long horror I went through. Here's the need to know: I worked at a high stress job doing lots of overtime and finally had to cut back to 'normal' 40 weeks around 7 months pregnant. I was told after about a month, and only two weeks until I was to take my unpaid maternity leave, that I was not performing up to the standard of my job duties, and in fact 'abandoning the office' by not staying after 5, and they were being 'forced' to let me go. I left obviously upset, after I calmed down I called the owner (I was fired by my direct manager) and asked him to clarify what exactly happened. He told me they had been training someone to replace me and that they just wanted to 'move forward with the people who were going to be there'. So instead of just letting me go through to maternity leave when the wouldn't be required to hold my position for me, they decided to permanently scar my employment history.

/me takes a deep breath

It's still hard to even think about it because I poured my blood, sweat, and tears (and HUNDREDS of extra, unpaid hours away form my family) into that job only to be fired for a completely bullshit reason. And, before you get your pitchforks, it was completely legal for them to do whatever they wanted because the company is so small I wasn't even covered under the Federal Laws to protect pregnant workers.

ANYWAY I found MTurk last summer but didn't get into it until September when my 7 yo started school again. I found MTG a bit later and thank heavens because I was doing mostly receipts :rain: and was making like $2 a day. My goal is $400 a month so I try for $20 a day but I'm not too strict on myself because I have to step away like every 5 minutes to grab my newly mobile baby girl. :spaz:

That is quite a story. I really want to grab my pitchfork.

Your little girl is almost the same age as mine. And so cute! I am excited and apprehensive about my little girl becoming mobile.

Reactions: MerryLou

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score

I was fired from my last job when I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter. It's a very long story but I'll spare you the year long horror I went through. Here's the need to know: I worked at a high stress job doing lots of overtime and finally had to cut back to 'normal' 40 weeks around 7 months pregnant. I was told after about a month, and only two weeks until I was to take my unpaid maternity leave, that I was not performing up to the standard of my job duties, and in fact 'abandoning the office' by not staying after 5, and they were being 'forced' to let me go. I left obviously upset, after I calmed down I called the owner (I was fired by my direct manager) and asked him to clarify what exactly happened. He told me they had been training someone to replace me and that they just wanted to 'move forward with the people who were going to be there'. So instead of just letting me go through to maternity leave when they wouldn't be required to hold my position for me, they decided to permanently scar my employment history.

/me takes a deep breath

EDITED TO SAY: I wouldn't trade my situation now though, for anything. I was able to stay home with my son for nearly a year and I am incredibly thankful I am able to do so again with my daughter. :yesyes:
It wasn't my last job, but I had a similar thing happen to me when I was pregnant with my youngest son. It's a horrible situation to be in, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Really happy that it led you here, though. <3

Reactions: MerryLou

heeheehahaha

In and Out
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Im glad to see there are so many parents here!

I have two children 10 and 6, who (if there wasnt an age restriction) would gladly jump on and do Mturk themselves.

I also homeschool and this is the reason why sometimes I am very active here, and others I am MIA