How many kids do you have?

• 4+

Results are only viewable after voting.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I feel like I want a second kid but I'm scared to at the same time. The only person with more than one kid that I get a personal look at their life is my sister, and she has pretty significant mental illnesses so I don't feel like that's an accurate representation. So...tell me what it's like to have more than one? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I feel like I want a second kid but I'm scared to at the same time. The only person with more than one kid that I get a personal look at their life is my sister, and she has pretty significant mental illnesses so I don't feel like that's an accurate representation. So...tell me what it's like to have more than one? The good, the bad, and the ugly.
I love having two. Mine are 22 months apart, so they're really close and I think that makes it a little easier. They can share clothes and toys :raisedhands:
Of course there's the "he's touching me!" and all of that. But in general they help entertain each other and look out for each other. They will play together for hours with minimal parental assistance. Their hand holding and hugs and cuddles are super precious.
I really don't think it's that much more expensive (at least at this age) but I had my girl second so she just wears her brother's clothes, and I save everything so we already had toys and bottles and etc. They have no problem sharing a bed/room, so that helps too. Again, it's kind of age dependent. That's not going to fly when they're teenagers and I refuse to think about that LOL.
Downsides: my entire car is full of kids and their associated needs. Shopping cart is full of kids. I'm dreading the day my oldest is too big for the cart and actually has to walk. Even with my little age gap, my son is too big for the toddler pool and my daughter too little for the big pool. (First world problems.) Mainly just... logistical things?

Reactions: themildone

Binxybaby

Reaction score
baby number 2 on the way! theyre due in november and we already have a toddler. i think im going to make all our christmas decorations this year ??? seems rational.
Congrats and good luck! lol

Reactions: scrmcasey

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anybody here really good with feeling words stuff for elementary age kids?

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Idk if I'd call myself really good but I can usually diffuse a tantrum/fit. What's up?
It's just a general I want my daughter to have tools to deal with things when they come up so that she'll be an emotionally healthy adult. I need extra help because I wasn't given any kind of anything parenting wise when I was growing up and the times I was raised in were just way different but I know there's stuff out there that can help her and I can try to go through that with her.

• Love
Reactions: Princess Gina Marie

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's just a general I want my daughter to have tools to deal with things when they come up so that she'll be an emotionally healthy adult. I need extra help because I wasn't given any kind of anything parenting wise when I was growing up and the times I was raised in were just way different but I know there's stuff out there that can help her and I can try to go through that with her.
I've taken a parenting class and it really focuses on deep breathing if they're upset and then asking them what they're feeling. If she doesn't know what words to use you could ask 'are you mad or sad?' (since those are the two umbrella terms for 'upset') then help her name the more specific feeling. Like if she says "I'm sad because I can't play with my friends" you could say "that's called lonely. You're feeling lonely right now. What can we do about it?"

Or depending on how old she is you could print something like this out and go over it with her when she isn't upset, give examples and ask her if she's ever felt like any of these. That way she absorbs it when she has a clear head and you can help her recall the chart when she's upset.

I hope that helps at all? Like I said I'm not an expert or anything lol this is just what has helped with my kiddo.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I've taken a parenting class and it really focuses on deep breathing if they're upset and then asking them what they're feeling. If she doesn't know what words to use you could ask 'are you mad or sad?' (since those are the two umbrella terms for 'upset') then help her name the more specific feeling. Like if she says "I'm sad because I can't play with my friends" you could say "that's called lonely. You're feeling lonely right now. What can we do about it?"

Or depending on how old she is you could print something like this out and go over it with her when she isn't upset, give examples and ask her if she's ever felt like any of these. That way she absorbs it when she has a clear head and you can help her recall the chart when she's upset.

I hope that helps at all? Like I said I'm not an expert or anything lol this is just what has helped with my kiddo.
awesome love it thank you!