Travel and Dreams

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Where are you going? Where have you been? Where would you cut off a limb to go someday?

Reactions: jml

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I would love to go to Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic next year. My husband has several old work buddies who live in Costa Rica so that's a plus for that column.

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
New Orleans is definitely on the bucket list, love the culture and food.

Universal studios would be cool too.

South carolina, again for the food.

India seems like a really interesting place to go, lots to see and do around there, great vegetarian food to eat.

Yeah I pretty much just want to eat my way around the globe.

Reactions: Peachy and Vanyanka

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I want to go everywhere too. India seems so interesting but I hear it's a pretty difficult place to travel if you don't have someone who knows the country to help you out. Hubby works with a lot of Indians.

Reactions: Tigerpants

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh, I'd kill to go to Italy. I think about that one all the time.

Reactions: Tigerpants

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yellow Mountain in China. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been. It was my third time hiking it and it was breathtaking every time.

Reactions: Tigerpants and jml

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
I'm really into the idea of going to places that have a lot of history associated with them:

Italy - Rome, a ton of stuff there. My grandparents are from Sicily so maybe there too.
Germany & Poland - Castles & WW2 stuff. Auschwitz, etc.
Greece - Athens

China - Forbidden city, Great Wall, Terracotta Army
Korea - DMZ/JSA
(in general I really like the design of east Asian temples/castles so I'd like to visit a bunch of those in China/Japan/Korea/wherever)

Middle East - Basically anywhere? Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Israel/Palestine, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, and Syria all interest me to an extent. Think I'm gonna wait a bit on most of these though for obvious reasons.

Also extreme isolated areas are kindof appealing for me to check out at some point. A bucket list thing for me is to drive to Deadhorse (northern tip of Alaska) and also to see the northern lights. I feel like driving on the Dalton Highway with absolutely nobody around would be a surreal experience that I wouldn't forget:

Kinda want to visit Mongolia too for a similar vibe.

Last edited:

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really into the idea of going to places that have a lot of history associated with them:

Italy - Rome, a ton of stuff there. My grandparents are from Sicily so maybe there too.
Germany & Poland - Castles & WW2 stuff. Auschwitz, etc.
Greece - Athens

China - Forbidden city, Great Wall, Terracotta Army
Korea - DMZ/JSA
(in general I really like the design of east Asian temples/castles so I'd like to visit a bunch of those in China/Japan/Korea/wherever)

Middle East - Basically anywhere? Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Israel/Palestine, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, and Syria all interest me to an extent. Think I'm gonna wait a bit on most of these though for obvious reasons.

Also extreme isolated areas are kindof appealing for me to check out at some point. A bucket list thing for me is to drive to Deadhorse (northern tip of Alaska) and also to see the northern lights. I feel like driving on the Dalton Highway with absolutely nobody around would be a surreal experience that I wouldn't forget:

Kinda want to visit Mongolia too for a similar vibe.
Oh man alaska would be incredible. I hate snow and all that but that looks super interesting, I will have to look into this more.

Reactions: jml and Vanyanka

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to go to Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic next year. My husband has several old work buddies who live in Costa Rica so that's a plus for that column.
So many people in Guatemala said to me, "Oh, have you been to Costa Rica yet?" I hadn't even considered it really a "must go" kind of place but so many other travelers I met brought it up that it seems like something I need to be looking into now.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So many people in Guatemala said to me, "Oh, have you been to Costa Rica yet?" I hadn't even considered it really a "must go" kind of place but so many other travelers I met brought it up that it seems like something I need to be looking into now.
I mostly just thought of going because of husband's work friends. They were all on contracts working in the US for several months and they talked about it all the time. They also said we could come visit anytime so I think it would be fun to have a guide.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
These steps are not what did me in, although the guy who carried stuff up to the hotel laughed at me for being tired. What got to me was tripping backward over a small step while I was ordering noodles. I wiped out and for once, I wasn't laughed at. I was weird. Normally, I was laughed at for existing and all the girls were gaga for my husband. Like hardcore. He loved it because he is a super creep. Mostly, people just loved my pale skin and stroked my hands.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
We were at the Summer Palace here in Beijing. This was when we were getting our boat fixed the first time it broke down. Shortly after, my husband (the younger one) had to act as a human rudder. He's a fucking champ.

Last edited:

Xandro

Reaction score
Where are you going? Where have you been? Where would you cut off a limb to go someday?
1. Looking to move to thailand 'soon' TM.
2. Arizona, Florida, SC, NC, Maryland, PA, new york, MA, NH, Maine, Canada, Tennessee, Vietnam.
3. for robots, this is no issue.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Dia

Reaction score
I am looking forward to my upcoming trips to Greece and the Dominican Republic. I've traveled to about 25 of the 50 states and intend to add Maine and Rhode Island to the list this year as well. I would probably cut off a foot to visit Nairobi, Egypt, and Australia.

Reactions: jml

Justin Rhodes

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this amazing pictures I have never seen this before.