Rep Present (Thur. 13 April 2PM EST) Guess the correlation and get up to $10

amaatouq

Requester
Reaction score
We will run an online multiplayer game as part of a MIT scientific project. The qualification HIT will take place Today (Thursday 13th of April) at 1pm EST time and the actual HIT will be same day at 2PM EST (one hour later)

The HIT require people to be online simultaneously. We will run the experiment again (x6 times) in the coming days, with no repeat takers (participants are allowed to play the game only once) . The game must be played from a desktop or laptop (No mobile support).

The Qualification HIT information:

HITType I:eek: 3REZD5NBDIV8P5DKVWBXKJ6F2FNYVI

HIT title: (Qual HIT) Guess the correlation and get up to $10

Time: 1PM EST

Expected HIT length: 1 minute

The actual HIT information:

HITType I:eek: 3XCYFDC5RK5UK18M7BZJCESA2NI7OP

HIT title: [Play immediately] Guess the correlation and get up to $10

Time: 2PM EST

Expected HIT length: 10-35 minutes (depending on condition)

PS:

• A base pay of $2 will be awarded for anyone who passes the attention checks and finishes the game.
  • The bonus varies across conditions (randomly assigned), as some conditions have higher play time (maximum bonus ranges from $2 to $8 based on condition).
  • Your decision to participate in the experiment is entirely voluntary.
If you are to participate and get assigned the qualification, it is critical that you show up on time at 2:00 PM EST. Otherwise, it would delay the start of the game for the other participants

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the qual hit?

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=375MF9UHMRPKCGWZKJPKGL7TE47XSO Upcoming experiment with up to $10 pay | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Abdullah (Human Dynamics Lab) [AGEIRIHRRYV6P] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
TO 2: [Rate: $13.33/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description: Indicate whether you would like to be notified about our upcoming experiment
Time: 12 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; Guess the correlation game is not 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;

If so, I am not qualled to do it later, and I know I have never taken anything like this.
(edited to make it easier to read)

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the qual hit?

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=375MF9UHMRPKCGWZKJPKGL7TE47XSO Upcoming experiment with up to $10 pay | PANDA
TO 2: [Rate: $13.33/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description: Indicate whether you would like to be notified about our upcoming experiment
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; Guess the correlation game is not 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;

If so, I am not qualled to do it later, and I know I have never taken anything like this.
I think that's different. If I recall correctly, that's a HIT to get on his mailing list to be notified about upcoming work in general. The qual HIT today is based on feedback he got in this thread about how to best set up and run the actual experiment that will run 1 hour after the qual test for people who pass the test.

amaatouq

Requester
Reaction score
Is this the qual hit?

electrolyte @electrolyte is exactly right :)

Although I made a mistake in the HIT to get on the mailing list to be notified about upcoming runs of the game. The behavior I intended was that people who actually participated in this game can't take the HIT (they already played, they can't play again so no point of notifying them).

Amazon is kind of weird here. When setting "Guess the correlation is not 100" it only allows people with the qual to accept it so long as their score is 1-99. What I intended is "has not been granted" .. I resubmitted the notification opt-in HIT again with the correct qual.

Reactions: TheresaofAlbion

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I saw what you posted on another site. We really appreciate requesters who come to the forums and work with us. I did manage to complete the qual hit.

Reactions: amaatouq

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
If we're qualified, are we going to get and email and a link to the game when it posts, or do we need to keep an eye out for it?

amaatouq

Requester
Reaction score
If we're qualified, are we going to get and email and a link to the game when it posts, or do we need to keep an eye out for it?
You should be notified whether you get the quals or not. Also, now you have to keep an eye on the actual HIT that will be submitted at 2PM with

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
You should be notified whether you get the quals or not. Also, now you have to keep an eye on the actual HIT that will be submitted at 2PM with
Do you have a panda for the hit? Or do we just run a requester search?

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a little past 2, did I miss it already?

Never mind I got it.

Last edited:

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it supposed to take this long for participants to join? Currently at 4/12 and am getting worried time might be an issue.

amaatouq

Requester
Reaction score
Is it supposed to take this long for participants to join? Currently at 4/12 and am getting worried time might be an issue.
We submitted the HITs on time but Mturk didn't make them available until 2:06PM. Then the game started with full participants at 2:11PM. it seems the first participant to get to the lobby until the game started took less than 4minutes. This is a record for us :D

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
We submitted the HITs on time but Mturk didn't make them available until 2:06PM. Then the game started with full participants at 2:11PM. it seems the first participant to get to the lobby until the game started took less than 4minutes. This is a record for us :D
Still at 4/12 after 30 minutes. It got to as high as 6/12 then people started dropping.

amaatouq

Requester
Reaction score
Still at 4/12 after 30 minutes. It got to as high as 6/12 then people started dropping.
I see. This game will not start.. leave when you get a prompt asking you to leave. There are two games that already started. Submit the code you get in the exit survey and we will pay the $2. You will be able to play the next runs of this game too.

Reactions: nopoopwarez

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
That was probably one of most interesting hits I have done. Much appreciated.

mtdub1

Reaction score
I was stuck at 6/12 for 15 mins, I got a knock at the door and was gone for a minute and when I came back the page was forwarded to another page that had nothing to do with the survey, i think it was a wiki page. Maybe the survey filled up real quick when I answered the door I'm thinking.