The lets give [this person] a notification for [this thread] thread

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Pleco @Pleco will instant pots explode and kill me? My mom said it would.
Modern pressure cookers have all sorts of safety features. Pressure release valve, it will detect if the lid isn't properly locked, it will stop automatically if somehow the pressure builds too much, etc. Really the only danger is that if you're releasing the pressure out quickly at the end of cooking, you could burn your hand if you have it right above where the steam comes out. So my advice would be don't put your hand right above where the hot steam comes out.

In the interest of disclosure, I did burn myself twice making fries the other day on a frying pan so maybe I'm not the best at kitchen safety advice. In the interest of more disclosure, I was drunk while I was making fries.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Modern pressure cookers have all sorts of safety features. Pressure release valve, it will detect if the lid isn't properly locked, it will stop automatically if somehow the pressure builds too much, etc. Really the only danger is that if you're releasing the pressure out quickly at the end of cooking, you could burn your hand if you have it right above where the steam comes out. So my advice would be don't put your hand right above where the hot steam comes out.

In the interest of disclosure, I did burn myself twice making fries the other day on a frying pan so maybe I'm not the best at kitchen safety advice. In the interest of more disclosure, I was drunk while I was making fries.
Thanks, I think when I tell her this I'm gonna leave off some of your details.

Reactions: Pleco

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
MerryLou @MerryLou I saw this today. I think it's immoral to try to lure innocent children into the cult of crocheting.